PDA

View Full Version : Box dye damaged

Tearna-Maree
January 26th, 2014, 11:28 PM
I'm looking for advice regarding what to do with a part of my hair, from a trip to the hair dresser a year and a half ago who shaped the front of my hair and gave me a side fringe which I already had blonde highlights and then I later blonde boxed dyed 4 + times. I haven't coloured my hair since May last year and have about 9cm natural virgin regrowth and I plan to eventually grow too my natural colour however the fringe and front shaping have copped the biggest beating from all the colouring and past heat styling and are super knotty and damaged, I often s&d this area to try and improve it and it has improved however it is just becoming unmanageable yet the rest of my hair is fine just the front "wisps" my hair is 30 inches long down the back and the front 3 cm from forehead back are significantly shorter especially where my fringe once wAs 1 year and a half algal and has hardly grown and the rest has. What should I do!

joflakes
January 27th, 2014, 01:49 AM
What have you tried except s&d? Have you tried protein or moisture treatments? Failing that, you could always trim the damage or get bangs back (side or otherwise)?

Tearna-Maree
January 27th, 2014, 02:42 AM
Yeah I have, moisture treatments and I did a protein treatment last week, every time I trim those hairs though right where I have cut despite it being a fresh cut it still has a white tip on it like it looks dry this never happens when I cut the rest of my hair.

Firefox7275
January 27th, 2014, 07:04 AM
Your hair is growing or you wouldn't have 9cm roots, if you are not gaining length then its either breaking off or you are trimming all the extra length. To me that suggests it is totally fried and you'd be best just cutting a 9cm fringe/ bangs back in then starting again growing out that area.

Hair is dead it cannot ever be permanently repaired. If it damaged but not to the point of being fried you can patch it up with coconut oil, hydrolysed protein, ceramides, 18-MEA and panthenol. You will likely need to use leave in conditioner containing some of these. Most commercial intensive conditioners are cosmetic only, badly damaged hair does NOT need more moisture (= water), it is overly porous and takes up too much when washing. Water further damages hair (hygral fatigue).