PDA

View Full Version : Enough dandruff to bread a chicken

PF Graham
January 26th, 2014, 07:09 PM
Another banner day in my continuing experiment to have healthy long hair. (DON'T SCAN DOWN till you read the whole story!)

So, after much procrastination (years), I've decided to try the ACV rinse after my shampoo bar wash - all from people on this site telling me their hair care secrets.

Anyway, I found the million-plus-post thread on vinegar and got what seemed like the right recipe (1 T to 4 C water).

I found a plastic container in my kitchen that looked like a quart, washed it out, my German Shepard pushed the back of my knee so I would notice she was out of water, filled the water bowl, added warm water to the measuring cup, added the ACV, poured it into the mixing bowl, poured it into the plastic container, found the top and sealed it, placing it in my shower.

Shampoo bar, rinse, then ACV rinse.

Wash all my other parts till they are squeaky clean.

Dry off, leave hair to air dry.

I'm sitting down with my house guest from Venezuela watching a movie when I first notice some flakes on my dark shirt - I give my hair a little shake and think nothing of it.

My friend gets up to pour himself another glass of wine and when he come back, he's standing behind me and says in that Venezuelan way 'Dude, you have a lot of dandruff!'.

I look down and sure enough, there are tons of flakes all over my shirt.

Looking in the mirror, it's bad, really - for a second, I panic - 'what the hell is happening to my scalp!'.

I calmed down and thought about what was different in my process - just the ACV rinse.

In my shower I figured it out - can you guess what part of the container I forgot to wash before I used it to hold my ACV rinse!!!! Stupid dog and her constant need for fresh water!

http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/PF_Graham/Mobile%20Uploads/518fd2a1-0776-4efd-9f78-fcd489db51ee_zps0447c6a6.jpg

Classic - here's the other one from way back - never mind - I guess you can't look back with the new system - let's just say, nobody told me once you use coconut oil you have to rinse it out before you go out to lunch with a bunch of friends - what a mess.

neko_kawaii
January 26th, 2014, 07:14 PM
Haha! I'd blame the dog too.

Hele
January 26th, 2014, 07:22 PM
the dog was part of an insidious plot to ruin your hair self esteem!

Tini'sNewHair
January 26th, 2014, 09:50 PM
:misskim: HAHAHAHAHAHA :doh:

TiaKitty
January 27th, 2014, 05:26 AM
:rollin: Totally the dog's fault!

Wildcat Diva
January 27th, 2014, 05:48 AM
Dogs, they are worse than kids! Mine loves to tear into the trash at night if we are kind enough to let them in when it is cold, and if we are forgetful enough not to put the trash up high (although they know better to even think about that if they are being watched when the family is awake). Though I am thankful that mine have not attempted to sabotage my hair routine.

PF Graham
January 27th, 2014, 09:17 AM
I know - right!

But, it's so hard not to love her to death! You know those damn German Shepard's - they're very tricky.

http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/PF_Graham/e8914513-89c4-41a8-967d-8343cf34ed39_zps6ba89c8d.jpg

Kaelee
January 27th, 2014, 09:53 AM
:misskim: :misskim: :misskim:

That. Is. Classic. :laugh:

truepeacenik
January 27th, 2014, 10:23 AM
I came for the title. I stayed for the laughs.