PDA

View Full Version : How often should I clarify, and what are your opinions on my hair care routine?

ari
January 26th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Hey everybody :)
First a little backround: I cut my waist+ hair to shoulder in November. On Dec. 1st, I went to the salon for an ombre. Now my hair is a little past collarbone when dry, but it is at APL stretched. The bleached ends are kind of dry, but I have no split ends yet.
I have started washing my hair with a non-sulphate shampoo, and I am wondering when it is the best time to clarify.
I wash my hair 2 times a week with the sulphate free shampoo then follow up with a coney conditioner (aussie 3mm). I usually oil once a week, but sometimes I do twice a week. Every night/every 2 nights I lightly oil my ends with argan/jojoba oil. Once every 2 weeks I do a beer rinse.
My goal is BSL, and I hope I will get there by August!! :pray:
So, when do you think I should clarify? Also, any tips or suggestions involving my hair care routine are greatly appreciated :D

durgidog
January 26th, 2014, 04:26 PM
I only clarify when my hair stops holding moisture and the ends get rough. I don't use cones that build up so for me it's maybe 1x per month. SLS is tough on your hair so I suggest you not schedule your clarifying, just do as needed. The rest of your routine sounds great to me, as long as your hair is responding positively I don't see why you'd need to change anything.