PDA

View Full Version : Other people with long hair!

cat11
January 25th, 2014, 06:38 PM
Found this picture of Donna Jean Godchaux (sang with the Grateful Dead in the 70's) with what has to be hip length hair:

http://dougyoel.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/tumblr_me9xisiL7Q1ri2ucuo1_500.jpg

Awesome! Very rarely do people I think are "cool" or appreciate for some reason have really long hair. Most people don't.

I also saw two people at work yesterday (retail) who had tailbone length hair, one of them had black hair and it was so pretty and looked so good I got instand hair envy and also gained reassurance that it wouldn't be something I could never down because both of theirs was (or else I probably wouldn't have realized it was so long.

Anyway, how often do you see people around in your area with really long hair?
And who has really long hair (or your goal length hair) that you look up to? I saw a similar thread but it wouldve been some serious necromancy to bring it up

Amapola
January 25th, 2014, 06:51 PM
I live in New Mexico, where we have a lot of Native Americans, who (sometimes) will wear their hair very long. You quite often see both men and women with very long hair. Just a couple of days ago I was at the state capital in Santa Fe and saw a high school girl with a classic length BRAID. Even my doctor wears his hair long in a pony tail. I ran into a woman at a furniture store with a very nice bun with chopsticks, and one of her co-workers came over to say, "It's down to her knees...." Also ran into a woman who worked at a very high end art gallery on Canyon Road and she had very gorgeous knee-length hair.

It's great; being somewhat of a hair junkie I love seeing all the long hair around me. :)

restless
January 25th, 2014, 09:16 PM
And who has really long hair (or your goal length hair) that you look up to?

Where Im currently living it seems to be very, very rare with people who wear their hair long and even the extensions seems to end around waist lenght. The girls here generally wear their hair in the shoulder-APL area and the men way shorter than that. The people Ive seen who has had hair longer than my own nearly BCL hair can be counted on one hand more or less. Before I moved here I lived in an area where BSL was pretty common and every now and then a waist would flash by too but longer than that was also unusual.

I dont know if I have any hair idols... I admire many heads of hair but not always because of the lenght itself but the colur/hair style/ shine/ pretty hemline/ etc. One of the images I always remember when I think of beautiful looking hair though, is the first person with classic lenght hair I saw IRL. It was a young woman with a classic lenght-ish ponytail. Her hair wasnt anything like my own as it was red and straight, but it was amazing nontheless and definitly an inspiration.

woodswanderer
January 25th, 2014, 09:43 PM
I do see people in my area with TB or classic hair sometimes, and many of them are growing because of their religion. I know a lady at work who has TB hair who happens to be Pentecostal. I sort of want to introduce her to this site and teach her to use hair toys, but she is deeply religious, and I'm not sure if she would consider it a vanity. She only does ponytails, one simple braid, and a messy bun. I know some people like the messy bun, but it makes me sad. :(

GoddesJourney
January 25th, 2014, 11:02 PM
It seems the short hair that was in a few years ago has given way to WL to HL lately. I see it a lot on young high school to college age girls. There are a few middle eastern looking American men with maybe mid back length thick, beautiful hair and a lot of black men with long dread locks. Funny because my hair was long when short was in. Now it is short when long is in...Although for me, long hair is always in. :)

Andeee
January 26th, 2014, 02:24 AM
There is a thread already going called something like 'Long Hair Sightings'. But anyway, I guess lots of people in the 70s had really long hair like that photo of Donna Jean Godchaux as it was certainly 'in' back then! She is lovely though.

I recently met a lady who is the same age as me and has TBL dyed black hair. It's straight and not super thick but still pretty.

And like GoddesJourney, I am noticing waist and a bit longer on teens and early 20 something girls.

About 7 years ago I met a woman who became my idol (or at least I really admired her!). I knew her hair was super long because of the intricate (but messy!) braiding which was wrapped and pinned up. I saw her on the beach one day and it was past her knees, maybe mid-calf.

sunrider_bby
January 26th, 2014, 03:27 AM
Here in Spain, it's in to have long hair, but not superlong. Many high school and college girls have MBL to WL.
You only see TBL and longer in gipsy girls. Really long hair sightings are very rare in Madrid, unless they belong to someethnic group. I get really excited when I see someone.

I once saw a CL hair girl with her hair down in the bus to the university. Chesnut super straight and healthy. But the other day during my Christmas shopping, I was asking about a price and when the woman turned to check something out, her blond super thick braid reached midcalf. It was so inspiring for me.

The sad part was that oter women were comenting on the length of her braid as if it was something nasty to have such a long hair, not even atempting to keep their voices down, and she pocketed the end of her braid.

When I told my cousin about this, she said that having such a long hair was gross, and that it most certainly had to be dirty and that the middle ages are gone now. I told her it was super shiny and and what people do with their hair iwas not her bussines.

Maybe the problem here in Madrid is that people do not want to look like some ethnias who are not socially accepted.

I am really sorry if there are some spelling mistakes. I am writing this from my celll and I don't have any corrector here.

Avenie
January 26th, 2014, 05:56 AM
In my experience women say they have, or are described as having, long hair once it's past the shoulders. I have a relative with BSL, and knew a colleague who may have been waist-length. That's about as long as I've seen. I've started noticing more now. I saw a girl walking to school with incredible tail-length braids the other day.

YamaMaya
January 26th, 2014, 06:46 AM
Where I live I see some women with hair around the apl/bsl zone at the longest, I do see some waist lenght ones, but I always question their authenticity as most are from extensions. I've glimpsed the little clips to hold in the hair on a few of them.

EmmAutumn
January 26th, 2014, 08:12 AM
I rarely see women with really long hair here, most have between SL and BSL. There's this one girl in my class who has gorgeous (natural) blonde, straight TBL hair. She wears it in a ponytail most days so i whenever i'm not paying attention to the lecture i find myself staring at her hair in envy. Yeah.

truepeacenik
January 26th, 2014, 08:22 AM
Found this picture of Donna Jean Godchaux (sang with the Grateful Dead in the 70's) with what has to be hip length hair:

http://dougyoel.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/tumblr_me9xisiL7Q1ri2ucuo1_500.jpg

Awesome! Very rarely do people I think are "cool" or appreciate for some reason have really long hair. Most people don't.

I also saw two people at work yesterday (retail) who had tailbone length hair, one of them had black hair and it was so pretty and looked so good I got instand hair envy and also gained reassurance that it wouldn't be something I could never down because both of theirs was (or else I probably wouldn't have realized it was so long.

And who has really long hair (or your goal length hair) that you look up to? I saw a similar thread but it wouldve been some serious necromancy to bring it up

G-d love Donna Jean, and may she keep getting on stage for years to come. Here are some recent pix
http://donnajeangodchauxband.info/Photos.html

Mid back. Thick.

Taenarian
January 26th, 2014, 08:47 AM

Ah yes, Donna Jean; there were nights when her singing was as angelic as her hair. When Brent first came on board his hair was every bit the equal to Donna Jean's and he didn't require a grand piano be dragged all over the universe for him. Funny old world.

Very few weeks go by where I don't see the Amish because they're just here as sure as I am, but I can't count their lengths as part of the local norm. I'd say it's pretty rare to see anyone with hair beyond MBL here who's not Amish. Once a month, perhaps; excepting my friend with the spinning wheel who maintains at hip length.

cat11
January 26th, 2014, 11:18 AM
omg so many replies. like a lot of other people most people where I live have bsl/mbl hair, there's Lot of young people with very long hair though. waist isn't super rare to see my best freind in elementary school had almost waist length and so does a lady I work with.... I also see older women with tailbone length white hair sometimes and honestly RhYs what made me want to grow my hair out and keep it like that because it looks so charming on people of any age.

I am so jealuous of those who saw the grateful dead when she was with them! or ever. Ive seen dark star orchestra and further but I'm too young for that :(

edit: looking back thru the thread and seeing comments about people thinking long hair is dirty makes me want to say how much I absolutely don't understand this and it makes no sense. I've never seen any long hairs irl who had nasty hair. and everyone on here takes ten times better care of their hair thN the average girl. people are ignorant, long hair is awesome.

sunrider_bby
January 26th, 2014, 04:35 PM
edit: looking back thru the thread and seeing comments about people thinking long hair is dirty makes me want to say how much I absolutely don't understand this and it makes no sense. I've never seen any long hairs irl who had nasty hair. and everyone on here takes ten times better care of their hair thN the average girl. people are ignorant, long hair is awesome.

Amen to that.

alexis917
January 26th, 2014, 04:52 PM
Most girls in my school consider their hair freakishly long around butt-length.
There's a freshman who I believe is Indian with classic length hair, though!
Because she always wears it down, she didn't want to take chemistry. :p

cat11
January 26th, 2014, 08:38 PM
Most girls in my school consider their hair freakishly long around butt-length.
There's a freshman who I believe is Indian with classic length hair, though!
Because she always wears it down, she didn't want to take chemistry. :p

Yeah, at that length there has to be some serious practical concerns. If it were me I wouldn't want to wear it down to school because of stuff like gym class, science, pesky people who feel the need to touch your hair. I don't even have long hair (apl) and people feel the need to touch my hair when I wear it down. This girl at my work just started fluffing chunks of it in the air and letting it fall back down the other day and I felt so tense about it because I was having a good hair day and my hair frizzes when touched... I was like 'Girl don't touch my hair" with a thing like I was playing but... I wasn't >_>

SkyChild
January 27th, 2014, 03:01 AM
It's pretty rare around here to see adults with long hair.
They seem to have extensions which end sort of middle of back. A lot of the girls in the top couple of years of high school seem to have hair about this length too, but it's their own hair rather than extensions.
I've never seen anyone in real life longer than the middle of their back, only you lovely ladies!

lazuliblue
January 27th, 2014, 03:45 AM
Most people in my area would consider APL to be quite long, and BSL very long! The other day I saw a lady with a classic length blonde braid. Her hair looked to be in good condition but I think maybe she had slept on it and hadn't bothered to re-braid, so it looked quite messy. Despite that, I was extremely impressed!

jacqueline101
January 27th, 2014, 05:03 AM
I seen a lady at apple market in the other end of town from my house she had hip to tail bone length hair. It's not very often you see anyone with long hair on my area.