PDA

View Full Version : Green hair...

Kome
January 24th, 2014, 07:15 PM
I cut all my hair off and dyed it green... seriously... because I'm CRAAAAAAZY. I've been wanting to do this for a couple of years now... I'm happy I guess and the length is easier to deal with, but ideally I still want my hair back from earlier last year. I think I figured since I'd had to cut so much off already... I may as well go the distance. Btw... bleach is BETTER for your hair than baking soda and peroxide to lighten it. HORRIBLE idea. Fried my hair. Never again. So anyways, on with the pics...

BEFORE...

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/713/q1a4.jpg

AFTER...

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/35/as9n.jpg

I redid the color because it didn't take well the first time. I like it much better now. :)

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/689/uclz.jpg

Hele
January 24th, 2014, 07:35 PM
ah, that's so cool! It really brings out your eye color. I think green is about the only color i didn't try back in my rainbow haired/head shaving punk days.

Kome
January 24th, 2014, 07:51 PM
It was the one color I hadn't done a full head of and therefore have been itching to do it. I kinda regret it, honestly, but at the same time I'm glad for the change. I'll keep it for awhile and then go back to bright red I think. *sighs* Alas...

MeowScat
January 24th, 2014, 07:58 PM
Jealous! It looks so cool and I agree, it really does bring out your eyes. I want green hair!

Hele
January 24th, 2014, 08:03 PM
the one color i'd really love to dye my hair right now is lavender, but good lord i can't imagine how much dye it'd take to get the job done!

MissHoney
January 24th, 2014, 09:10 PM
It really does suit you, maybe you will like it better once the color becomes more saturated :) I like it a lot. Both colors suit you well.

Panth
January 25th, 2014, 01:28 AM
Lovely!

If you don't mind telling, what dye(s) did you use? I tried for a green over unbleached dark blonde - got a lovely colour but it faded to near-nothing after the first wash. I'd only done a strand, but if I could find something with a bit of (reversible but reasonably long-term) staying power then ... knee length green hair.

Kome
January 25th, 2014, 11:16 PM
It's a brand from Sally's. I forget what it is. I'll have to look later and let you know. bout to head to bed! also, redid my hair and it looks better now. happier with it.

Quixii
January 25th, 2014, 11:35 PM
Lovely!

If you don't mind telling, what dye(s) did you use? I tried for a green over unbleached dark blonde - got a lovely colour but it faded to near-nothing after the first wash. I'd only done a strand, but if I could find something with a bit of (reversible but reasonably long-term) staying power then ... knee length green hair.
Lucky you! Last time I did green it took forever to wash out. I had done bits of rainbow, and the other colours were all long gone before the weirdly greenish section finally went. I think I'd used Punky Colour.

As for Kome, I like it - I agree, the colour looks great with your eyes.

Lostsoule77
January 26th, 2014, 12:31 AM
I like it! Then again green is my favorite color. It really does bring out your eyes though. :)

Panth
January 26th, 2014, 01:11 AM
Lucky you! Last time I did green it took forever to wash out. I had done bits of rainbow, and the other colours were all long gone before the weirdly greenish section finally went. I think I'd used Punky Colour.

As for Kome, I like it - I agree, the colour looks great with your eyes.

I used Directions Apple Green. Like yours, it took quite a while (a few months?) to completely go. Unfortunately, it was only a nice bright green until the first wash. Then, it was that washed-out gunky greenish colour and stayed that way for months. *sigh* Luckily I only did an ~1" wide tester strip at the nape of my neck, so it was pretty hideable.

Hele
January 26th, 2014, 03:42 PM
also, redid my hair and it looks better now. happier with it.

then we need a new picture!

Kome
January 26th, 2014, 04:27 PM

I just put one up! I straightened it too. I have heat protecting spray. Not something I normally do, but with it shorter I like it straighter. Much, much happier with it now! :)

Kome
January 26th, 2014, 04:27 PM

I just put one up! I straightened it too. I have heat protecting spray. Not something I normally do, but with it shorter I like it straighter. Much, much happier with it now! :)

Migranny
January 26th, 2014, 05:23 PM
It is very pretty!