PDA

View Full Version : JellyBene: where I've been for a year

JellyBene
January 24th, 2014, 11:42 AM
Hello everyone! It's been way too long since I've been active on here. I ended up starting cosmetology school and working full time and just didn't have the time to be online much and inadvertently took about a year long haitus. When I was last on here my hair was about bsl, and henndigo black. Oh the things my hair went through this year (shudder). I ended up deciding to grow out my blondette roots and chopped my long black hair to about shoulder. I got the roots to about the top of my ear and just couldn't stand them anymore, so I colored the new growth bright henna red and instructed a classmate to 'just cut all the black off' I ended up with a long ish pixie that barely touched the top of my ears. Surprisingly I didn't hate it but knew I wanted my long hair back as soon as possible. I should have left well enough alone but this is where things took a turn for the worst... Due to a combination of boredom and access to hair dye I decided I wanted to be blonde. I bleached my hair twice and did an overall hilight over that. For anyone wondering if henna can be bleached out, oh I assure you it can, just be prepared for terrible damage, not from the henna and bleach interacting but simply from having to bleach aggressively enough to lighten the henna completely. I was left with a decent blonde but due to the warm undertones of the henna it was slightly brassy. I ended up coloring it medium brown because the brassy tones made me crazy. That faded enough for me to put my original red back over but it is just so damaged that it looked strange. In order to blend the color better and ease some damage I finally put a dark brunette henndigo mix over it all. I graduated school and now am left with a chin length dark brown (slowly but surely fading) and damage from the top of my ears down. I don't really have a plan at this point for the color but I know I need to grow that damage out and get back to my LHC ways. I missed everyone on her and am glad to be back :flower:

YamaMaya
January 24th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Welcome back :)

AmyBeth
January 24th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Congratulations on your graduation! That will be yours forever, no matter what you do with your hair. And welcome back, too.:blossom: