PDA

View Full Version : Microtrim Vs S&D

sunrider_bby
January 24th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Hello,

I have been S&Ding during the past six months. But my ends are now like frizzy wispy wires. Is microtrimming better? Which method is healthier for the hair? Which one makes it look better in the long run? :confused: Which method makes the hair grow faster?

AmyBeth
January 24th, 2014, 11:43 AM
S&D removes the tips of damaged hair very selectively. Microtrimming removes a tiny bit from the ends of all the hair around your hemline. Neither makes hair grow faster. Hair grows at the rate it grows and you can't change that, although you can optimize the rate with good self care. Removing damaged ends helps prevent the damage from moving up the length of the hair shaft so you will be able to keep more length. Microtrimming helps maintain an even hemline, preserving more length as you go. Whichever one helps you achieve your goals is the best for you. I S&D to remove damage, and I also microtrim to keep my hemline full.

ositarosita
January 24th, 2014, 11:48 AM
S&D removes the tips of damaged hair very selectively. Microtrimming removes a tiny bit from the ends of all the hair around your hemline. Neither makes hair grow faster. Hair grows at the rate it grows and you can't change that, although you can optimize the rate with good self care. Removing damaged ends helps prevent the damage from moving up the length of the hair shaft so you will be able to keep more length. Microtrimming helps maintain an even hemline, preserving more length as you go. Whichever one helps you achieve your goals is the best for you. I S&D to remove damage, and I also microtrim to keep my hemline full.

couldn't have said it better myself :)

lapushka
January 24th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Hello,

I have been S&Ding during the past six months. But my ends are now like frizzy wispy wires. Is microtrimming better? Which method is healthier for the hair? Which one makes it look better in the long run? :confused: Which method makes the hair grow faster?

First of all... What AmyBeth said!

There is no snipping method that makes your hair grow faster. If you have a lot of splits and white dots from damage, however, S&Ding and microtrimming might not be enough. You might actually need a full fledged trim. Especially if there's a lot of splits and white dots. If on the other hand, you have the odd split here and there, or white dot, then S&D should be more than enough! Only cut off the split or white dot, though, no need to touch other hairs. If you've been S&Ding to that extent that a quarter to half your hair is cut up, then you need more than a microtrim as well to even up the hem.