PDA

View Full Version : Bad Hair day

breezefaerie
January 24th, 2014, 06:59 AM
I am having a bad hair day. The bun I wanted to do, a fan bun, just would not work today - my hair was having none of it. Slipping and sliding everywhere. It's now in a LWB and I have one single hair that is pulling so much to the point of pain and I can't find it! I've taken it down and redone it twice and still that one hair is pulling. Making me a bit crazy!

What do you do when your hair is just not cooperating?

jupiterinleo
January 24th, 2014, 07:07 AM
I make a different style if one style isn't cooperating on those days. If I force something too much, no matter what I do it'll turn out like crap anyways. That happened on Christmas when I was determined to wear a French braid, but it kept coming out crooked and loose 'cause I was rushing. I wore it anyway, because I am stubborn. :rolleyes:

Selkie-
January 24th, 2014, 07:12 AM
Throw it up into an 'ordinary' bun and ignore it.

The problem is that it usually doesn't want to co-operate just when I want it to look good or do an interesting style! Typical, ha.

breezefaerie
January 24th, 2014, 07:18 AM
So true Selkie - if I am about to wash it, I can do most any style. If I need it to look nice for a special occasion or want something a little fancier, forget it.

jacqueline101
January 24th, 2014, 07:19 AM
When mine misbehaves I just do a claw clip twist and ignore it.

browneyedsusan
January 24th, 2014, 07:22 AM
Revert to something simple: a ponytail, braid, or half-up. Those always look nice. They're not fancy, but they're good enough to get by, and sometimes that's all you need! :)

Selkie-
January 24th, 2014, 07:27 AM
So true Selkie - if I am about to wash it, I can do most any style. If I need it to look nice for a special occasion or want something a little fancier, forget it.

EXACTLY!! :crazyq:

Rio040113
January 24th, 2014, 04:51 PM
If it's having such a bad day that even my trusty LWB won't work it just goes into a single english braid and I ignore it for a bit :)

MissHoney
January 24th, 2014, 05:20 PM
I wish my hair could slip and slide. That's all I would need to be thankful. :)

RancheroTheBee
January 24th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Usually, I pout like a baby and put my hood up. Canada's weather isn't good for much, but at least it's usually cold enough here that I can get away with hats and hoods more than most people. When it's not so cool out, scarves, bands, or very clever uses of bobby pins are my friend.

cathair
January 24th, 2014, 07:00 PM
If I have hair that just won't stop pulling, I leave it down. It doesn't happen that often and I don't want any hair pulling out or pain, it's not worth it. It's also a nice excuse to wear it down :)

RainbowBowser
January 24th, 2014, 07:15 PM
low braided ponytail for me

AmyBeth
January 24th, 2014, 07:25 PM
Paranda to the rescue! It's comfortable, protective, and looks a little more dressed up and sophisticated than a regular braid.

Hele
January 24th, 2014, 07:50 PM
i have days where my hair seems to triple it's thickness and i just want to cut it off in annoyance. Those are my generic no name bun days!

CurlyCap
January 24th, 2014, 08:29 PM
My bad hair days are BIG.

So I just rock it, wear clothes that match, and pretend that was my intended look.

breezefaerie
January 25th, 2014, 10:48 AM
It seems that my feeling of one single hair pulling is not actually one single hair pulling. I have had my hair down, up, all over the place and that tiny, sharp pain is still there! I have no idea what it is, but it's driving me a little batty.

Kaelee
January 25th, 2014, 11:11 AM
I'm glad it's not just me.

I wore my beloved MairyDozy fork the other day and it would not be secure and comfortable no matter what. I gave up and wound up putting my hair up with my pen (which stayed all night). Day before that I wore a beautiful flower stick (that I adore) and it wouldn't stay, either (I think it's more a "going out" kind of stick than a "work" kind of stick). I've found certain buns and toys are reliable and some aren't...I stick to the reliable ones when I'm working or driving long distance, etc. and can't be messing with my hair. Even still, though, sometimes the reliable...isn't.