PDA

View Full Version : Shampoos?

cdonald2
January 23rd, 2014, 11:12 PM
My cousin recently asked me a question i wondered about myself.

I wash my hair 2x a week and im almsot out of my bumble and bumble... i like it.. but its SOOOO DANG EXPENSIVE O____O

any good shampoo suggestions for maximum growth?

hairpleasegrow
January 24th, 2014, 12:33 AM
I used bumble and bumble in the past too. I found it very expensive too. I keep reading about shampoo bars if you are looking for a inexpensive change maybe try that.... it is a healthy alternative from what I've researched. And they are quite inexpensive.

I use Bamboo shampoo and conditioner by Alterna both have no parabens, sulphates, or phthalates but it does have cones. It is pricier I got it at Sephora but not as expensive as B and B. I have been very happy with it I see you have the same hair type as mine (1a) and fine too so possibly your hair may respond well to it as well.

I am a new member and I am not anywhere near my goal length but I have read many threads since joining LHC. If you want max growth you may want to try Biotin vitamins, make sure you are getting enough iron, try scritching and massaging your scalp, eat a healthy diet, I have read about Monistat as well you may want to search for that thread on LHC and check that out.... :)

lapushka
January 24th, 2014, 03:29 AM
any good shampoo suggestions for maximum growth?

You're not going to find a shampoo to "grow" your hair, first of all. Second of all, I have the Pantene Aqua Light. I consider that to be a very lightweight, clean, nicely clarifying (without stripping too much) formula.

jacqueline101
January 24th, 2014, 04:24 AM
Shampoos won't grow grow your hair but if you're needing a shampoo I'd suggest vo5 they're cheap but effective. I'd do like the split ends one but there are so many other formulas you'd have to pick what works for you.

arr
January 24th, 2014, 06:02 AM
Shampoo doesnt really play a role in growing hair. Im probably in the minority here but i use really cheap clear shampoos like Suave Naturals. I like how my hair feels clean, not coated. Most of the time i add a little coconut and olive oil to my shampoo and my hair loves it.

XcaliburGirl
January 24th, 2014, 06:06 AM
I use Suave Naturals shampoo, only on my scalp/roots. I buy the shampoo my scalp likes and the conditioner my hair likes.

ETA: arr, you may be in the minority but not the only one!

ellenajordans
January 24th, 2014, 06:31 AM
I used to use the aussie miracle moist, but it made my hair so slippery and smooth I couldn't do anything with it. It's straight already!! Anyway I recently switched to organix cocout milk shampoo and conditioner which I really like. Very light weight but it still feels moisturizing. Heavy shampoos and conditioners have always been a problem for me as they weigh my hair down.

It's just about experimentation really, what works for one persons hair might not for another.

Firefox7275
January 24th, 2014, 07:04 AM
I'm not convinced commercial shampoos aid growth either, they cleanse ideally gently. Conditioner only washing is arguay gentler still, providing you don't have a scalp disorder that makes it unwise to try. If you do actually mean growth you might try Regenepure shampoo.

ositarosita
January 24th, 2014, 08:38 AM
I use proclaim olive oil glossing shampoo ... 1L for 5 dollars .. can't beat it .. but im going to switch up to a V05 raspberry for fine hair for a whole dollar something

spidermom
January 24th, 2014, 09:24 AM
I don't believe that shampoo can increase growth either. I have noticed, however, that my hair responds much better to certain brands. These days I'm using Renpure Originals Luxurious argan oil formula (shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in). I've found nothing better but have definitely suffered far worse. Giovanni 50/50 also gives consistently good results; I have sample sizes of that in my gym bag because they don't take up much space.

RancheroTheBee
January 24th, 2014, 09:29 AM
I find I can grow it for longer (but not faster) if I use gentler shampoos, if that's what you mean. I'm not sure if you meant increasing your monthly growth rate or what would allow you to trim less, but if it's the latter, I find sulphate-free works for me (but I understand it doesn't work for everyone).

lapushka
January 24th, 2014, 09:32 AM
(...) I find sulphate-free works for me (but I understand it doesn't work for everyone).

No it doesn't. :( I wish I could go sulfate free, but I have seborrheic dermatitis, and need the harsher cleanser. So no, it's not for everyone. But if your scalp can handle it, OP, you could go sulfate free.

NativeSparrow
January 24th, 2014, 09:41 AM
YES-TO-CARROTS!! that line is bomb off the charts!! I love it :)

cdonald2
January 24th, 2014, 02:27 PM
are there any out there with a good amount of protein in it? i cant speak for her but i know my hair loooooves protein

tlover
February 2nd, 2014, 05:18 AM
We ake our own schampoo but it might work on schampoos you buy too.

We add 5 drops of rosemaryoil, 5 drops of pine oil, 5 drops of spruce oil and 5 drops of juniperberry oil for every 150ml bottle of schampoo, it increases the bloodflow to the scalp and it could make you grow your hair faster (depending of alot of things of corse)