PDA

View Full Version : Shedding - Nooooo!

LScott317
January 23rd, 2014, 10:42 AM
My shed amount has almost doubled this past week - not sure why? I haven't changed anything. I did have a blood test done about a week ago, and they took like 10 vials - i'm wondering if that might be the cause? Losing too much blood/iron? Or might this just be a winter shed?

lapushka
January 23rd, 2014, 10:44 AM
Hard to say at this point. I've had blood drawn every year for years, and it's never caused me to shed. Maybe it's just a fluke. Keep an eye on it, though.

jeanniet
January 23rd, 2014, 11:49 AM
Ten vials of blood is really very little. They take much more when you donate blood. It's likely just a temporary thing, but just keep monitoring it in case it continues. And of course wait for the results of your bloodwork.

LScott317
January 23rd, 2014, 12:00 PM
Thank you! I just washed it and lost about 60 hairs so far today between the shower, combing and blow-drying which is about my average for a wash day - so hopefully too much more won't come out the rest of the day either!

Firefox7275
January 23rd, 2014, 12:13 PM
Shedding can be related to life events that happened two or three months ago and/ or seasonal (may or may no be related to lower vitaminD levels if you don't eat enough oily fish).

LScott317
January 23rd, 2014, 06:52 PM
Just got my blood test results back - Doc says everything is perfect! So happy :D