PDA

View Full Version : My kids amazing trim

PF Graham
January 23rd, 2014, 09:36 AM
I'm trying to get him to trim every three or four months to keep it neat (and to keep his mom off his back).

Damn, I wish I had his hair.

http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/PF_Graham/20140111_102422-Yaminhaircut-sidebyside_zpsd0dbf5e7.jpg

millyaulait
January 23rd, 2014, 09:52 AM
Wow, it's beautiful!

melusine963
January 23rd, 2014, 11:24 AM
I wish I had his hair, too. :D

xdaniellex
January 23rd, 2014, 11:44 AM
Wow!! It looks so soft and shiny. I want to touch it :)

askan
January 23rd, 2014, 12:36 PM
That's gorgeous!

Rio040113
January 23rd, 2014, 12:41 PM
I wish I had his hair, too. :D

Me too! (Or three :lol:)

YamaMaya
January 23rd, 2014, 01:06 PM
That hair is gorgeous, he must be beating off girls with a stick with a mane like that! ;)

flemeister
January 23rd, 2014, 06:27 PM
Should ask your son if you can post that photo in the main gents thread! :D

Gentlemen... Start your postings! (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=110732)

Ambystoma
January 23rd, 2014, 06:31 PM
Wow, it's gorgeous!

truepeacenik
January 23rd, 2014, 06:42 PM
Ha! I feel the same with my son. Similar results.

Maybe a slight U and 1/2 inch would do me well...

Good to see ya, PF. Missed you elsewhere.

0xalis
January 23rd, 2014, 11:11 PM
Sooooo pretty! *.*

Patrice
January 24th, 2014, 02:10 AM
Wow, judging the structure he must be asian or indian heritage? So beautiful. How long does he want to grow it?

Kittykins
January 24th, 2014, 02:47 AM
His hair is almost identical to my DBF's! Looks awesome!

Selkie-
January 24th, 2014, 02:55 AM
Wow, so shiny!

fraulein_doktor
January 24th, 2014, 03:08 AM
Such nice hair!

TiaKitty
January 24th, 2014, 05:45 AM
Heya, PFG! Your boy's hair looks wonderfully healthy...

PF Graham
January 24th, 2014, 02:44 PM
Hi All,

I'm in Vegas for USA Rugby 7s with my boys - I promise full and plugged in comments when I can break free.....

.... and thanks!!!!

- Patrick

Tini'sNewHair
January 25th, 2014, 12:04 AM
Takecare of my hair to please :D

Angelica
January 25th, 2014, 04:44 AM
Absolute proof that boy's long hair can look gorgeous! He has beautiful hair, so thick and shiny :) I wish my hair was like that as well!

Flournoy
January 25th, 2014, 02:25 PM
He has awesome hair. Wish mine was that color.

pri108
January 25th, 2014, 02:39 PM
Dear PF Graham,

Did he straighten the hair too? I mean in picture 2 its quite straight wheras in pic 1 its a bit wavy. Although he has healthy hair :)

PF Graham
January 25th, 2014, 10:59 PM
Thanks all - it's so nice of you to say such wonderful things - did I mention I hate him and will be flicking him on the big toe when he's sleeping because I want his hair also! It's not fair.

Specific responses below but here is a comparison of the last haircut and the latest trim.
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad65/PF_Graham/20130613_170205-allcutscomparissoncopyMedium_zpsfc13e379.jpg
I'm not kidding, I think he grows an inch a month - I've looked back and it's crazy how fast his hair grows - again, not fair!

Wow!! It looks so soft and shiny. I want to touch it :)
I have to find a way of showing you guys the knots he has BECAUSE he is a LAZY 15-year-old boy - I have to brush it at least once a week AND, yes, it's amazing to touch and brush (once you get done with all the damn knots - seriously, who showers with knots and somehow magically expects them to come out with enough conditioner!!!!)

That hair is gorgeous, he must be beating off girls with a stick with a mane like that! ;)
His mom is VERY Christian so he does god stuff on Sundays and some holidays - he tells me the girls LOVE to braid his hair and brush it and play with it etc. Most Asian parents (especially first generation ones) don't let their boys have anything but Kim Jong-un haircuts. The thing is, he is VERY socially awkward (more about why later) so, no - other then the girls at Jesus camp, he is very quiet and has a small circle of friends.

Should ask your son if you can post that photo in the main gents thread! :D
Interesting - where is that? I seriously doubt he would do that himself - I can ask him though.....

Gentlemen... Start your postings! (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=110732)
Interesting - where is that? I seriously doubt he would do that himself - I can as him though.....

Ha! I feel the same with my son. Similar results.

Maybe a slight U and 1/2 inch would do me well...

Good to see ya, PF. Missed you elsewhere.
I know what you're saying but I decided to just go with a blunt cut - the reason is simple and complicated at the same time - his mother used to punish him with REALLY bad haircuts if she wanted to shame him for some misbehavior or some other completely insane reason - some sort of motherland BS - anyway, I wanted to work with just a clean start.... bla, bla, bla - I'm sure you guys don't give 2 cents about this....

And about the other thing - yes, I'm back but keeping a very low profile (in both places) - just hair, nothing else. I can't put my finger on why I care so much about these two communities (really the same community but obviously one is the red-headed stepchild some of us love so much), but I do. So, there that is.

Wow, judging the structure he must be asian or indian heritage? So beautiful. How long does he want to grow it?
Well, okay, this is very complicated - not his ethnicity (50% pure Japaneses / 50% pure Bangledesh) - As I mentioned above, I have five boys - three are blood and the other two, the very long hair boys, are not mine. I'm going to be quick with this - about 10 years ago, my DX and I sorta adopted them from a neighbor that sorta can't or won't do the necessary work to do boys justice - very, very long story I'm not interested in go into now.

Anyway - yes, by the magic of beautiful races breading, you get incredibly magical looking children - and I guess we have Darwin to thank for that, god I love this gene pool, it's so warm.

Takecare of my hair to please :D
Sorry, I have my hands full - five boys - two with very long hair and the others in and out of old-school Bieber haircuts - I swear, long hair is SOOOO much easier then short hair.... Preaching to the choir anyone....

Absolute proof that boy's long hair can look gorgeous! He has beautiful hair, so thick and shiny :) I wish my hair was like that as well!
I know, I know - makes me sick - not fair, not fair

He has awesome hair. Wish mine was that color.
I know this sounds weird but his hair actually changes color with the sun - all my boys spend a lot of time in the pool and outdoors in the summer - the color of his hair is some shade of black then it's another shade - seriously, I feel like I need an equivalent to the Eskimos ways to describe snow (color, white-ness, wet-ness, etc.) - I don't know how to describe it, I'm sure other people on this site (surly) can talk about the different blacks in hair color - above my pay grade.

Did he straighten the hair too? I mean in picture 2 its quite straight whereas in pic 1 its a bit wavy. Although he has healthy hair :)
Are you kidding me - he barely brushes it - it's stick straight. I brushed it right before we whet to get the trim, those are just the waves from how he slept on it after he showered. Lazy boys - someone please tell me how to fix that....

Okay, back from Vegas - time for wine and probably a DVD or something on HBO - again, thank you for making me feel bad my kid has better hair then I do - if we hit a thousand views for this thread, I'm going to kill myself.....

- P

flemeister
January 26th, 2014, 12:28 AM
Thanks all - it's so nice of you to say such wonderful things - did I mention I hate him and will be flicking him on the big toe when he's sleeping because I want his hair also! It's not fair.

I not kidding, I think he grows an inch a month - I've looked back and it's crazy how fast his hair grows - again, not fair!

I know, I know - makes me sick - not fair, not fair

Okay, back from Vegas - time for wine and probably a DVD or something on HBO - again, thank you for making me feel bad my kid has better hair then I do - if we hit a thousand views for this thread, I'm going to kill myself.....

- P

I think someone is greeeen with envy! :cool:

Interesting - where is that? I seriously doubt he would do that himself - I can as him though.....

Right here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=110732

I know what you're saying but I decided to just go with a blunt cut - the reason is simple and complicated at the same time - his mother used to punish him with REALLY bad haircuts if she wanted to shame him for some misbehavior or some other completely insane reason - some sort of motherland BS - anyway, I wanted to work with just a clean start.... bla, bla, bla - I'm sure you guys don't give 2 cents about this....

That blunt cut looks marvelous to me. I'm male and just at APL now with all the annoying layers from starting with a buzz cut and having had no trims since then. I'll be aiming for the same cut your boy had, just a blunt square cut as I think it looks great. :)

Well, okay, this is very complicated - not his ethnicity (50% pure Japaneses / 50% pure Bangledesh) - As I mentioned above, I have five boys - three are blood and the other two, the very long hair boys, are not mine. I'm going to be quick with this - about 10 years ago, my DX and I sorta adopted them from a neighbor that sorta can't or won't do the necessary work to do boys justice - very, very long story I'm not interested in go into now.

Anyway - yes, by the magic of beautiful races breading, you get incredibly magical looking children - and I guess we have Darwin to thank for that, god I love this gene pool, it's so warm.

Not a bad thing eh. :D Half Scottish/Irish something and Chinese Malay here. :)

I know this sounds weird but his hair actually changes color with the sun - all my boys spend a lot of time in the pool and outdoors in the summer - the color of his hair is some shade of black then it's another shade - seriously, I feel like I need an equivalent to the Eskimos ways to describe snow (color, white-ness, wet-ness, etc.) - I don't know how to describe it, I'm sure other people on this site (surly) can talk about the different blacks in hair color - above my pay grade.

I think my hair has the same characteristics. It's a very dark brown colour, but it can look almost black in cool toned ambient light, and a lighter shade of dark brown in warmer tone ambient light. And it almost always has a spattering of different colour brown/black tones throughout the hair.

I only noticed this after my hair grew out to shoulder length. When it was short I always thought I had flat black and perfectly straight hair from my mother's (chinese) side. Turns out to be a very dark brown colour described above, and wavy/curly-ish from my dad's (celtic) side. His mum/my grandma has curly hair (part russian, more mix hehe), so I guess that got passed along. :)