PDA

View Full Version : Stupid brain wanting different hairstyle...

Toomuchhair
January 23rd, 2014, 12:29 AM
Hiiiii!!! I'm new here and as I have no idea how to navigate around here, I thought I would start my own thread!!! As u can see with all the exclamation marks I am INCREDIBLY excited to be here at LHC. Up until October 2013, I had gorgeous waist length hair, thick, soft, shiny... *sigh* ... I moronically cut my hair of at my ears for my birthday - everyone tried to persuade me to think about what I was doing but, being the stubborn cow that I am, I didn't listen... Anyways, I liked it for about two months and then started missing my old hair. Now, I swear I am obsessed with growing my hair SUPER long. Anyone else get this? If not, I'm just gonna feel really weird... All alone... Over here😔

Uhh... Yeah... So I started no-pooing on New Year's Day and I loooooove it, I mean, suuuuuuure, the transition period sucks, but after... WOW...

Ok, I'm ranting...what I am here for is to ask for support from you guys and advise, in helping me get to my dream hair length - tail bone 😝 My current length is 13.5" (at shoulders) My hair grows incredibly fast, like an inch or two a month.

So... Yeah... I would love to be a supporter for anyone else who is growing their hair and looking for advise and other stuff... :cheese:

FireFromWithin
January 23rd, 2014, 12:33 AM
Wow, that's fast. And you'll be at TB in no time just make sure to enjoy all the lengths along the way too. Buying hair toys helps but can become quite addictive!

Snorman
January 23rd, 2014, 12:40 AM
Oh I'm so jealous!!:thud: My hair grows about 0.2" per month.. It's hardly noticable.
Anyway, I'm also obsessed. Spend my days at LHC, and googling pictures of long haired people.
Sighing and wishing my hair could at least grow 0.5" inch per month. :pray:

Anyhow, I'm here to support you on your way to TB. You'll probably be there before I am.. :P

joflakes
January 23rd, 2014, 01:05 AM
No, you're not alone! :laugh:
Welcome to LHC. I'm sure you'll like it here and happy growing!

hairpleasegrow
January 23rd, 2014, 01:08 AM
i am a new member too and obsessed with LHC and growing my hair. Sounds like you will be there in no time your hair grows so quickly! my hair is very fine and grows quite slowly. Good luck on your grow out and see u around LHC :)

Toomuchhair
January 23rd, 2014, 01:09 AM
Wow!! Cool! Thanks guys, I didn't think I would get any replies!! Yeah... I'm the same as you Snorman, I google pictures and look at all the hairstyles for long hair! I spend hours braiding my horses' tail in different styles dreaming of one day being able to do the same to my own hair! Any of u guys no-pooing? What r ur hair routines?

Selkie-
January 23rd, 2014, 01:19 AM
Wow - your hair grows really fast. You will be super-long before you know it. :) Welcome to LHC by the way.

I am not a no-poo girl - use diluted organic (gentle) shampoo and conditioner. Works well for me. Mostly wear hair up in a braided bun (my hair is MBL), use wooden comb to detangle, oil ends with argan oil and have been heat-free for a month now! :cheer: Didn't really flat-iron but used to blow-dry after every wash. I have also been taking perfectil hair, skin and nails for a month and hoping for faster growth.

Good luck and happy growing.

Snorman
January 23rd, 2014, 02:45 AM
I was no poo, for about 7 months. I really liked it at first, but then I couldn't seem to get my hair cleen, I tried a loooot of different methods, but none of them worked. I went to work all greasy and disgusting for about a month before I snapped and bought shampoo...
I would love to try and get back to it though. If I can ever manage to find what method works for me.
And to find some sort of method to get out oil treatments (I looooove oil treatments...!).

Decemberrose
January 23rd, 2014, 05:27 AM
Hi, and welcome :) I'm also new here and know a little about regretting a haircut ;)
I had to cut to just under chin in October to get rid of bleach damage. Feeling so stupid that I bleached and miss my long hair. I'm also a bit obsessed, trying not to be because it will only make me more frustrated :(
Why don't you try searching for styles that suits your current length? I find that to be more positive and gives me ideas how to survive the growing time :) Have fun on your journey...

Wildcat Diva
January 23rd, 2014, 05:46 AM
An extended conditioner only soak and massage through wash gets out any oil treatment for me. I started in 2012 at LHC with no poo, the baking soda/ ACV method. I'm really glad that I switched to shampoo bars and CO after learning what I have on LHC. I don't think that long term use of baking soda washes would have allowed me to grow long hair.

When you say no-poo, what are you meaning? I'm wondering if a different washing method from BS/ACV might suit growing long better, but I'm not for sure that that's actually what you are doing.

spidermom
January 23rd, 2014, 06:35 AM
Hi; welcome to the friendliest community on the 'net.

Aingeal
January 23rd, 2014, 06:52 AM
Welcome! Glad to have you here. Happy growing!

HairFaerie
January 23rd, 2014, 07:07 AM
Hello and welcome! My hair is almost shoulder, so we are in the same boat! Mine also grows between 3/4 and 2 inches per month (almost 2 in the winter months then it slow down in the summer). So, we have some hair things in common!

I find it helpful to pick short term goals. My first goal is arm pit length (APL) by Christmas 2014. I know that seems like a long time, but in the world of hair growing, that's not long at all. Patience is definitely a virtue! :)

Good luck with your growing, you are not alone - that's for sure!

Toomuchhair
January 23rd, 2014, 02:02 PM
I do the standard no-poo method: Bs/ACV. I used to use lemon instead of ACV. Also, the bs and ACV are HEAVILY diluted, like, 1 teaspoon of ACV per 1 cup. And for the bs, I use 1 teaspoon per two cups. I follow this wash with a leave in rinse of rosemary and mint (infused in water), it's supposed to stimulate hair growth. I have extremely thick and frizzy hair, so the no-poo works amazingly for me! But everyone is different and everyone's hair has it's own likes and dislikes... And it's own mind! lol.

PixieKitten
January 23rd, 2014, 02:39 PM
A super-duper welcome Toomuchhair!! My hair grows pretty quick too but my ends were quite damamged so I've had to cut of about a year's growth recently, so I feel like I'm got getting anywhere! D:< Thick hair's great for doing multiple braids, but you'll probably find most buns aren't possible until BSL. I've not long hit it and suddenly found I can do tons of buns that were impossible before!
Happy growing!

lapushka
January 23rd, 2014, 04:20 PM
Wow more than an inch of growth a month, two inches even. Insane. You'll be TBL in no time. Seems like you hardly need the support. ;) :p Anyway, welcome to LHC. :D

Bubbjo5
January 23rd, 2014, 04:44 PM
that is very fast for hair growth per month, im about 0.5" a month. I am at MBL and want to be waist by summer. does anyone elses hair grow faster in the summer? I think the heat makes mine gro faster