PDA

View Full Version : Oops, I did a dumb...

Nadine <3
January 21st, 2014, 01:23 PM
Have you ever just done something really, really stupid with you hair? I used a super coney filled serum a few times in my hair, knowing I would have to use sulfates to remove it when I showered. Well, when I was showering I wasn't thinking and went ahead and used my sulfate free burts bees shampoo, then got out and stuck more serum in....all I can say is um, oops...lol My hair looks like eh, not good. lol Anyone else ever do something silly like this??:rolleyes:

Llama
January 21st, 2014, 01:30 PM
What did it do to your hair? I use sulfate shampoo only once a week, sulfate free the other days I wash. Silicone is used every time I wash, regardless of which shampoo I use. I have yet to see any build up or bad reaction to my hair. Don't know how this could be considered a "really, really stupid" thing to do to your hair. Seems normal to me. Am I crazy?:confused:

Nadine <3
January 21st, 2014, 01:52 PM
It build up on me terribly. My hair seems dry and very tangly. I get build up really easy and it makes my hair hard to comb through.

askan
January 21st, 2014, 01:54 PM
I've done some stupid things.. gone from dark red to blonde in one night..at home..thinking my hair would be ok with it. I didn't have to cut it off, but man it was like straw! And...thinking I could cut a bob like Angela Chase's in the series My so-called life. With kitchen scissors and inadequate mirrors. haha. Since I really started lhc-hair care I haven't done anything super stupid (yet). I actually managed to selftrim without ending up cutting bangs or something like that :D

GoddesJourney
January 21st, 2014, 02:56 PM
Yeah, I cut it all off. Um...dumb. :/

irishlady
January 21st, 2014, 03:00 PM
I cut it off, it's collar bone length now though, so it's growing slowly but surely,

martyna_22
January 21st, 2014, 03:08 PM
I cut it from waist to BSL.. because I didn't like the change in hemline I'd just given myself. Ha, ha.

Anje
January 21st, 2014, 05:25 PM
"Some is good, more must be better" doesn't seem to work on hair, a fact I am reminded of every month or two when oiling.

turtlelover
January 21st, 2014, 05:30 PM
I just trimmed my hair to be more bob-like, but it just makes it look more pyramidal. I KNEW this would happen, but I did it anyway instead of just waiting to even out the layers once I passed shoulder! LOL

Naiadryade
January 21st, 2014, 05:45 PM
Putting mashed, un-strained banana in my hair was pretty stupid. Bits for a week!

ladylowtide
January 21st, 2014, 05:53 PM
I dyed my hair black, and then I was all, "let's be platinum blonde!!"...at home...with four bleach kits....The ends of my hair are STILL recovering YEARS later.

BeccaAngel
January 21st, 2014, 06:01 PM
I dyed my hair black, and then I was all, "let's be platinum blonde!!"...at home...with four bleach kits....The ends of my hair are STILL recovering YEARS later.

It always seems to happen like that for me, but its usually in the order of blonde, red then black, then blonde again, red again and black again. Not over a short amount of time of course, just over the years. I'm currently growing out blonde so I can have that brunette faded into blonde look. But I'm sure in time I could want red again, then black after that... haha crazy I know!

ErinLeigh
January 21st, 2014, 06:45 PM
I did at home highlights once that looked ridiculous.
I have cut horrible bangs.
Overused product before a night out etc etc

But the cones will be fine. :) They will come out easily. Without knowing I used to use cones plus a sulfate free shampoo for months.

jupiterinleo
January 21st, 2014, 07:43 PM
Putting mashed, un-strained banana in my hair was pretty stupid. Bits for a week!

I've done the same thing, but with avocado. Bits got caught and tangled and made my hair stink! All because I was too lazy to throw it in a blender.

Bombadillo
January 21st, 2014, 08:05 PM

Ha! I did that too! It didn't say on that particular website to do anything special to the mashed bananas so I didn't. It gets worse…the next time I tried bananas I figured I just needed to mash them better so I had chunks in my hair twice!! At least it didn't smell like vomit too :shake::shake:

Jennah
January 21st, 2014, 08:37 PM
Well,

This wasn´t that stupid but still a booboo.

I´ve been growing my bangs for a year and a half now, and finally caught up to the rest of the hair by cutting the whole thing chin lengh.

After that last cut I decided to grow the hair for at least 7 months...but at the 3 months mark, in in the first quarter moon, I started thinking that the bangs were much thinner than the rest of the hair and tapered a lot. How about I just trim the bangs!

Well, bad idea. I did, and the curly hair sprang up and now I have a huge step with bangs barely past my eyes again. Good thing I didn´t decide to cut the whole length to match!

ExpectoPatronum
January 21st, 2014, 09:29 PM
I use a cone-y serum and sulfate free shampoo all the time and don't really have problems with build up.

In terms up dumb things...I dip dyed the ends of my koolaid. I did it a year ago and the red is STILL there. It's pretty, so I'm not complaining.

I also cut layers into it around the same time. They were awful. Thankfully, they've mostly grown out. I just have a couple pieces in the front that are an inch or two shorter than my length. I'll get them when I trim in the summer.

Ferryl
January 21st, 2014, 09:39 PM
The first time I used coconut oil in my hair I used an absolutely absurd amount. I literally had coconut oil dripping from my hair there was so much in it. It took about 8-10 sulfate shampoos to get it all out and I probably smelled like a pina colada for a week.
I still use coconut oil in my hair but do it in tiny repeated applications instead slathering it on in one go.

RainbowBowser
January 21st, 2014, 09:49 PM
I dyed my friends hair red, and not wanting to waste the rest of the dye, I put it on my ends. While I don't mind cherry-cola colored ends with my brown hair I do think just throwing it on was pretty dumb. But hey, no damage done as I inspected later.

Jesabel
January 21st, 2014, 10:27 PM
I used to dye my hair red, but I didn't want the red anymore and dying over it brown wasn't working the best (and I didn't know about toning yet) so I thought, hey, let's bleach the red out and then dye it brown! yeah because if brown dye won't cover red it'll surely cover bleach blonde/yellow without fading... dumb moment! to this day it is the worst thing I've done to my poor hair haha, lucky all that bleach is gone.

molljo
January 21st, 2014, 11:16 PM
I'm a recovering self-trimmer with an inconsistent wave pattern. Sooo many times I'd see an errant lock of hair and think "oh, that needs snipped!" then I'd see another piece, and another, and then I'd notice that the all the hair on that side was shorter than the other side, and of course I'd have to even everything up, right? And so my hair would be 3 inches shorter, still with errant locks taunting me. A big reason I'm concentrating on growing is to break myself of this stupid habit!

Nadine <3
January 22nd, 2014, 03:41 PM
Mashed banana? What does that do? I guess I'm doing pretty good then! This is by far the silliest thing I've ever done. I did let my mom put highlights in it once when I was pretty young...but I was young and oddly enough all my friends liked it and where amazed my mom offered to do it for me. Never mind the fact that it fried my thin hair to bits and looked like a train wreck. It grew out rather fast though :)

RancheroTheBee
January 22nd, 2014, 05:01 PM
+ Put egg in it. Washed with hot water.
+ Used Colour Oops, and didn't rinse for the recommended time. Tried to bleach. Red roots, black ends? Still recovering from that one, and I'm not even at chin!
+ Bought the cheaper henna! Bent over in my bathtub rubbing sand off the edges was probably when I realized that was an oopsie-doodle.

I'm sure I've got more.