PDA

View Full Version : WCC, or conditioning twice post wash!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

lapushka
January 21st, 2014, 09:43 AM
Been using this method for literally years now. Originally I used CWC but that simply wasn't moisturizing enough for my waves, so I reverted the method, and came up with WCC.

Who else has been using this method? If not, try it sometime. I use it in conjunction with the LOC method for styling and my waves are generally (as most as this "wild mane" can be tamed) frizz-free.

spidermom
January 21st, 2014, 10:23 AM
I'm glad you have a method that makes you happy with your hair.

What I've figured out for myself is that it's not the amount of conditioner I use or how many times I apply it but how well the conditioner is massaged into my hair. I used to use 5 or 6 pumps of conditioner (1/4 cup maybe?) but now use 1 or 2 pumps and very carefully massage and finger-comb or shower-comb through length. I allow it to remain in my hair while I do everything else I need to do in the shower, then rinse well. I've gone from CWC using 2 bottles of conditioner or more for every bottle of shampoo but now use about as much conditioner as shampoo (diluted shampoo then conditioner). I started doing this before recent hair cuts, and my results were the same as using much more conditioner.

joflakes
January 21st, 2014, 12:15 PM
I've not tried it, but will do next time I wash! Sounds interesting. :)

lapushka
January 21st, 2014, 12:24 PM
Thanks spidermom. In my case it's generous amounts of conditioner as well. Two times about a palmful of the stuff. It's usually smooshed into the hair really well, but the conditioner isn't runny. It needs to be smooshed in quite well. Kinda hard to get it to go everywhere.

Yes, do try it, joflakes! Can't wait to hear how it went!

meteor
January 21st, 2014, 02:01 PM
Lapushka, I'm really intrigued by this method. Do you apply your second layer of conditioner right on top of the first? Or do you wash off the first conditioner layer before applying conditioner again? Do you change conditioners between your first and second application?

I agree with Lapushka and Spidermom that it's really important to coat and massage conditioner into hair very well, which is why I always use a lot of conditioner (2 - 3 palmfuls, at least) and also dilute heavy, thick conditioners in a bowl of hot water for easier application, it turns to a "conditioner soak", and this makes a big difference.

Wildcat Diva
January 21st, 2014, 02:14 PM
I also like to use my tangle teezer with a ton of conditioner in. Gently... I like how it seems to press the conditioner in and foams it up. Not for the faint of heart as we get those ix-nay on the wet brushing warnings. I learned this from GRU, CO-washing queen. Since I am gentle, and wash once a week, I dont worry over it too much.

Agnes Hannah
January 21st, 2014, 02:25 PM
I do this, it has made my ends lovely and soft!

lapushka
January 21st, 2014, 02:29 PM
Lapushka, I'm really intrigued by this method. Do you apply your second layer of conditioner right on top of the first? Or do you wash off the first conditioner layer before applying conditioner again? Do you change conditioners between your first and second application?

This is how it happens here... We smoosh the first conditioner in, then we let it soak for 2 minutes. Rinse. Then the second (different) conditioner goes in, and it soaks for another 2 minutes. Rinse. Then the hair is squeegeed out and is wrapped into a turbie. After it gets out of the turbie, it's detangled (yes before leave-in and such). After detangling comes styling. My styling is according to the LOC method (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=118167&highlight=method).

My first conditioner is usually a "bad" conditioner or one that I don't care particularly about. One I have laying around that isn't too coney or doesn't detangle too well. Then my second conditioner is always (for now at least) Herbal Essences Hello Hydration. It's a great detangler for me.

My hair doesn't need much in the way of "detangling". The comb always glides through without a snatch. That's what I particularly love about this method: silky hair!

meteor
January 21st, 2014, 02:44 PM
Thanks a lot for the description, Lapushka! :)
I'll definitely try it.
I'm curious why this method works differently than using 2 conditioners in the same amount at once. Maybe it's the extra friction that one gets from washing off conditioner twice, which might result in better "cleansing" and better, more uniform adsorption of conditioner to hair...

lapushka
January 21st, 2014, 03:02 PM
I'm curious why this method works differently than using 2 conditioners in the same amount at once. Maybe it's the extra friction that one gets from washing off conditioner twice, which might result in better "cleansing" and better, more uniform adsorption of conditioner to hair...

I guess it's the same for those that CO or CWC wash, you rinse out before applying something new. That seems to go for all the methods that are around. I wouldn't know what mixing the conditioners would do, haven't tried it like that before.

Naiadryade
January 21st, 2014, 03:31 PM
I do sort of a variation on this. I wash with shampoo, then put in conditioner (Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque)--I recently started diluting it and I find it spreads much better and I need to use less, I like it. I massage it in a little bit, but minimally to avoid mechanical damage. Then I leave it in for up to 30 minutes--I'm usually in a sauna or a bath. I rinse it out, then follow with a final rinse of a few small dollops of the same conditioner well diluted in most of a quart jar of herbal tea (rose, rosemary, calendula, lavender, catnip, sometimes thyme and/or basil), plus a teaspoon of ACV and a little protein. This I leave in.

MissAlyssa
January 22nd, 2014, 06:28 PM
I do this when I use shampoo. For the first condition I use my co wash conditioner suave green apple, then I use my triple nutrition. It keeps my hair from getting too tangled by the shampoo :)

divinedobbie
January 22nd, 2014, 07:14 PM
I actually used to do this when I still used shampoo. I would was my hair with shampoo, condition with A, wash out condition with B, wash out, and do the rest of my routine. This was pre any of my actually thinking about hair care. It always seemed to make my hair easier to detangle although I'm not really sure if it helped the condition. I was using really bad shampoos and conditioners though. Since I've learned about ingredients, I've tried switching to CO but I'm not sure if this is for me, so I'll probably switch back to WCC but using really organic products!

veryhairyfairy
January 23rd, 2014, 05:04 AM
Thanks for posting this, lapushka. :)
My favorite routine is the 'dry CO' method (put conditioner on dry hair, leave for 10-15 mins, rinse out, done), but I can't do that lately due to dandruff. I've heard of double conditioning, but now I'm motivated to try it out for real this afternoon.

joflakes
January 23rd, 2014, 05:48 AM
Well I tried this out yesterday! I used a cone free conditioner first which I left in for five minutes, then I used a smaller amount of coney conditioner and just rinsed it off straight away. My hair feels good! I admittedly washed right before bed and didn't comb it out when weepy like I usually do but the texture is smooth. I'm gonna try it again next time and see if it is still good doing it in line with what I usually do :)

lapushka
January 23rd, 2014, 07:01 AM
Great to hear, you guys! It always helps with my tangles, which is the main reason I keep turning to it. CWC didn't work as well, not nourishing enough for my liking, because after all you shampoo one conditioner out. Can you guys believe that on top of all of that I still use a leave-in (and serum).

sarahthegemini
January 23rd, 2014, 07:45 AM
I don't see the point in that, why not just leave one conditioner on for longer?

lapushka
January 23rd, 2014, 08:17 AM
I don't see the point in that, why not just leave one conditioner on for longer?

Because different conditioners do different things. One gives more slip, another one detangles more. Combined, it's heaven for detangling. My comb glides through and doesn't even snag hairs! We almost don't need to detangle! It's like questioning the CO method, or the CWC method which used 2 different conditioners as well.

Agnes Hannah
January 23rd, 2014, 09:28 AM
I'm still experimenting with different conditioners, however, for the second coating, I have tried using a coney condis to seal in the moisture and goodness from the first condish. When it is damp, I will oil it too, either evoo or argan. It does make my ends lovely and soft, I don't leave my hair wet for too long, but when I am in the shower with said condis on, I put on a showercap and keep this on so the heat of the shower will help any goodness to penetrate my hair.It has worked well so far.

sourgrl
January 23rd, 2014, 09:36 AM
I do this and like my results. My first conditioner is cone free and really moisturizing. My second is Hello Hydration in hopes the cones in it will help seal in the moisture from the first conditioner. It helps with my winter hair blahs.

ErinLeigh
January 23rd, 2014, 09:49 AM
I can see how this would work great if you used SLS cone free shampoo, a cone free conditioner and then a coney one.
I don't know if this is correct but in my mind I visualize like this..

The SLS shampoo would help with preventing buildup and get hair clean. Leaves hair ready to take first conditioner. The adding the 1st cone free conditioner would allow hair to take in some good conditioning without having cones getting in the way and coating shaft. Then after rinsing cone free adding the coney conditioner would seal everything in plus keep it sleek for tangle free combing. All gets reset with a wash so the cones aren't building up as much and limiting that good 1st conditioner from getting in each time.

Just my opinion. I will try this in summer if I need to go back to cones. I live in such a humid climate I can see where I may need cones in the summer to keep everything from being poufy. May even try it before using a protein conditioner first, followed my a moisture conditioner second.

My issue with cones was my hair got progressively drier. I think it was because my conditioners weren't getting in past the cone buildup I had (I was using sulfate free shampoo and it was "gentle")
If I did it this way I would have a better change of getting some conditioning in before my 2nd coney conditioner. It is an interesting idea.

sourgrl
January 23rd, 2014, 10:08 AM
I can see how this would work great if you used SLS cone free shampoo, a cone free conditioner and then a coney one.
I don't know if this is correct but in my mind I visualize like this..

The SLS shampoo would help with preventing buildup and get hair clean. Leaves hair ready to take first conditioner. The adding the 1st cone free conditioner would allow hair to take in some good conditioning without having cones getting in the way and coating shaft. Then after rinsing cone free adding the coney conditioner would seal everything in plus keep it sleek for tangle free combing. All gets reset with a wash so the cones aren't building up as much and limiting that good 1st conditioner from getting in each time.

This is my thoughts on it too. I use a sulfate free shampoo but it has coco betaine in it which should remove most cones. Every few weeks, maybe once a month? I wash with Joico shampoo to chelate and clarify.

ErinLeigh
January 23rd, 2014, 10:24 AM
yes, that is fine. I always forget about that! I think the good SLS frees can remove- must recheck list -amodimethicone, dimethicone, dimethiconol, beheonoxy dimethicone, phenyl trimethicone. I want to find the complete list..have to look. I had in my notes that conditioner alone can remove some too. The cyclo ones such as cyclopentasiloxane.
I have to read back up on cones and what removes what just so my mind is at ease when I start cones back.

My old shampoo didn't seem have anything strong enough for all the cones I was piling on daily and I didn't clarify ever so the long term effect was quite drying.
It will be better the 2nd time around now that I know what to look for in hair, what removes the buildup, etc etc..I was also using super protein heavy stuff with the cones so its was just a combination of a lot of stuff :)

lapushka
January 23rd, 2014, 01:11 PM
I do this and like my results. My first conditioner is cone free and really moisturizing. My second is Hello Hydration in hopes the cones in it will help seal in the moisture from the first conditioner. It helps with my winter hair blahs.

I love the HE Hello Hydration one for my second conditioner also. I usually use the "bad" ones, the ones that don't give too much slip or softness as the first co. You know... conditioners that are terrible on their own.

veryhairyfairy
January 24th, 2014, 05:25 AM
Well I tried this yesterday and I definitely felt increased slip while I was in the shower. I don't generally have any trouble detangling, so it was hard to say if it helped with that. I like the results, though, and it felt awesome when I rinsed out the second conditioner!
I think I'll be keeping this up as long as I'm using cheap conditioner.

lapushka
January 24th, 2014, 06:13 AM
Well I tried this yesterday and I definitely felt increased slip while I was in the shower. I don't generally have any trouble detangling, so it was hard to say if it helped with that. I like the results, though, and it felt awesome when I rinsed out the second conditioner!
I think I'll be keeping this up as long as I'm using cheap conditioner.

I'm glad you like it. That's the whole point and *fun* of sharing methods! That they help and work for others.

Using cheap conditioner here too. Doesn't need to be expensive. I'm always on the look-out for bargains. :D ;)

lapushka
January 24th, 2014, 03:50 PM
I have to add. I use a harsh shampoo, a sulfate sl(e)s & sls shampoo such as Pantene or Herbal Essences. My hair feels rough after a wash, so conditioning twice for me fast became "no luxury" but rather a necessity. YMMV. :D

ErinLeigh
January 25th, 2014, 01:29 AM
I did this yesterday and today. I used cones yesterday for an event I wanted perfect hair for. I washed with sulfate free, conditioned with non cone conditioner and followed with Pantene for cones. Hair was very nice.
Well today, I was due for a claify anyway..so i washed with my chelating shampoo, then my clarify shampoo THEN my purple shampoo for brass removal!! That is a lot for hair to go thru but my hair needed it (not the purple but I just put that on without scrubbing)

Anyway i conditioned twice - SMT for first, my Acure for second and hair was silky afterwards.

joflakes
January 25th, 2014, 02:29 AM
I did it again last night!

I used a normal cone free conditioner, first but just a tiny bit and washed it out straight away, then I used a cone free DC which DBF combed through my hair very easily, and it left on for 5 minutes. It feels great! I think I'm gonna stick with this. It's just a matter of finding out the right conditioners to use :)

lapushka
January 25th, 2014, 07:29 AM
It's just a matter of finding out the right conditioners to use :)

That is true! For me the second CO is Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, has been for very long and I like it... because it detangles well.

Glad you like it, you guys!

joflakes
January 25th, 2014, 09:03 AM
That is true! For me the second CO is Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, has been for very long and I like it... because it detangles well.

Glad you like it, you guys!

Thankyou for giving us the idea to adopt it! :D

lapushka
January 25th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Thankyou for giving us the idea to adopt it! :D

No worries! :D What's the fun of keeping things like this to yourself, when it could help someone else (which I sure hope it does)! :D

vanillabones
January 25th, 2014, 11:37 AM
I've thought about this but was too scared to try. I've been CWC for almost 3 years now but today I will try this WCC after clarifying. I hope there is a real difference in just switching the around the order that I apply my products :shrug: I'm guessing it will either be so much silkier or too heavy. Thank you for suggesting this or otherwise I wouldn't try!

lapushka
January 25th, 2014, 03:12 PM
I've thought about this but was too scared to try. I've been CWC for almost 3 years now but today I will try this WCC after clarifying. I hope there is a real difference in just switching the around the order that I apply my products :shrug: I'm guessing it will either be so much silkier or too heavy. Thank you for suggesting this or otherwise I wouldn't try!

Won't hurt to try it once. If it doesn't work, then too bad, but at least you tried. It is quite different from CWC, after all you don't wash the first conditioner out (and only condition once). For me it's wonderful, but I do use a harsh shampoo, have to because of my SD. Anyway, I'm babbling, I hope it works for you! :)

veryhairyfairy
January 25th, 2014, 04:12 PM
So after trying this once, I had something kind of interesting happen:
After a wash, I always have fluffy flyaways that wave about every which way... well double conditioning seems to make my hair want to explode! :lol:
It was ridiculous how wavy each individual hair was trying to be! It's especially interesting because I was CO for months and never had an increase in waves. If anything, my hair got straighter when I CO washed.
It calmed down after my hair was bunned and fully dry, but dang! This all sounds like a complaint, but I'm actually really glad to know that there is something out there that increases the amount of wave in my hair, I'm going to keep doing this. :)
(and once it warms up, I'll be really interested to see how my hair dries without towelling and combing)

lapushka
January 25th, 2014, 04:21 PM
So after trying this once, I had something kind of interesting happen:
After a wash, I always have fluffy flyaways that wave about every which way... well double conditioning seems to make my hair want to explode! :lol:
It was ridiculous how wavy each individual hair was trying to be! It's especially interesting because I was CO for months and never had an increase in waves. If anything, my hair got straighter when I CO washed.
It calmed down after my hair was bunned and fully dry, but dang! This all sounds like a complaint, but I'm actually really glad to know that there is something out there that increases the amount of wave in my hair, I'm going to keep doing this. :)
(and once it warms up, I'll be really interested to see how my hair dries without towelling and combing)

I get really good waves (well for my wild hair at least) as well. Well defined and not fluffy.

cat11
January 25th, 2014, 04:29 PM
Sometimes I do this when my hair just doesn't feel silky enough even though Iv'e conditioned. Especially if I run out of my good conditioner and have to use another one until I get paid again. Or if I messed up a treatment and my hair came out all frizzy and weird (had this happen a couple days ago, did a deep conditioner that had tea tree and olive oil I was only supposed to leave on for a min but I put the shower cap on and did some other shower stuff that probably took 5 mins before I took it off and found this is like, the one conditioner you dont want to leave on long. Left my hair feeling weird and not shiny and dry :/) I think if I did it all the time though my hair would get greasy before I was due for another wash, but doing it every now and then is nice

lapushka
March 27th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Any updates on those who've tried this method? :)

veryhairyfairy
March 27th, 2014, 11:58 AM
Any updates on those who've tried this method? :)

I switched my conditioner over to a more expensive one, so I've been using a modified version to save on costs.
After I've left the 'first' conditioner on for however long I wanted (usually 5 mins or so), I take a small-ish amount (1-2 tablespoons) of my conditioner, add about 1/2-3/4 cup water to it in a squeeze bottle, shake well and apply that to my already conditioner soaked hair. I leave it for another few minutes and then rinse it all out.

I think (like WCC) it helps really make sure that all of my hairs have a coating of conditioner, and I notice a difference (for the -slightly- worse) when I don't do this.
:)

Nadine <3
March 27th, 2014, 12:03 PM
I do! I wash, then I condition with a very heavy all natural cone free conditioner. I let that sit while I do other shower stuff. After I rinse that I follow up with another coney conditioner. It's been working very well for me!

Wosie
March 27th, 2014, 12:03 PM
I was wondering about something, lapushka: When you apply the shampoo whilst WCC:ing, you don't use any conditioner on the ends, right? Do you just put the shampoo on your scalp, massage it in and let the suds run down the length without having anything (conditioner, oil, etc) protecting it? This worries me a tad, as my length is so dry... I worry that the shampoo gets a little too close and friendly with my weary ends. :hmm: I want to try it, though, I like to try out different methods. I'll try it the next time I wash my hair. :)

lapushka
March 27th, 2014, 04:42 PM
I'm glad to hear you guys got good results. I'm glad it's helping. I mean, that's the whole reason for sharing methods, right? :D It's still going great for me as well, and I've been sticking with this method for *years*, without fail.

TheLuckyLurker
March 27th, 2014, 08:59 PM
I tried it for a month; my hair was not a fan :(. Back to CWC-put hair under a plastic cap for a 1/2 hour and then rinse.

Janette17
March 28th, 2014, 02:39 AM
I do this too, even before I started coming here... I'm glad to know others do it because I always felt so bit weird about it (I mean it never says condition twice on the bottle!!) I hadn't thought of mixing the conditioners though, I'll definitely give that a go next time!

Wosie
March 28th, 2014, 04:03 AM
I'm glad to hear you guys got good results. I'm glad it's helping. I mean, that's the whole reason for sharing methods, right? :D It's still going great for me as well, and I've been sticking with this method for *years*, without fail.

Did you miss the post I wrote to you above yours? :o I don't really know how to do this (the shampoo part), and I'd like to get some advice... I'll try it out today.

ETA after doin' ze dishes: Naturally anybody else WCC:ing is very encouraged to answer as well.

lapushka
March 28th, 2014, 07:24 AM
I was wondering about something, lapushka: When you apply the shampoo whilst WCC:ing, you don't use any conditioner on the ends, right? Do you just put the shampoo on your scalp, massage it in and let the suds run down the length without having anything (conditioner, oil, etc) protecting it? This worries me a tad, as my length is so dry... I worry that the shampoo gets a little too close and friendly with my weary ends. :hmm: I want to try it, though, I like to try out different methods. I'll try it the next time I wash my hair. :)

Right! Just the shampoo, like you described. Maybe you could protect the very very ends with some conditioner, and still condition twice after washing. Too much conditioner never hurt me!

Did you miss the post I wrote to you above yours? :o I don't really know how to do this (the shampoo part), and I'd like to get some advice... I'll try it out today.

ETA after doin' ze dishes: Naturally anybody else WCC:ing is very encouraged to answer as well.

Yes, I didn't see it. Oh gosh, so sorry. Thanks for pointing it out, though!!! Appreciate it!!!

Wosie
March 28th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Aww, no worries, lapushka--I miss messages and posts too sometimes. I tried it out, without having anything covering the ends when shampooing (with an organic rose shampoo) and my hair looks wavier than usual now... I brushed it with my new wide tooth comb and I can definitely tell a difference. It's not only wavier, but looks bigger and fuller too. So I'm happy, even if there's this chance that I just got lucky this one time! I shall try again next time I wash my hair. :D

lapushka
March 28th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Aww, no worries, lapushka--I miss messages and posts too sometimes. I tried it out, without having anything covering the ends when shampooing (with an organic rose shampoo) and my hair looks wavier than usual now... I brushed it with my new wide tooth comb and I can definitely tell a difference. It's not only wavier, but looks bigger and fuller too. So I'm happy, even if there's this chance that I just got lucky this one time! I shall try again next time I wash my hair. :D

That's why I like it too, it really brings out the waves!

Nadine <3
March 28th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Today was wash day! Hair is fab after using this method. I thought I was the only one who used it. I'm very happy to learn otherwise :)

schnibbles
March 28th, 2014, 10:53 AM
I've been conditioning twice as of recently too. Love it. So much easier to detangle...I can finger-comb when wet now and there's hardly any snarls at all.
I usually shampoo with Nature's Gate Hemp.
For the first condition, I just use whatever I have laying around that I want to use up, (silicone free) and the second condition I use Loreal Advanced (black bottle) Power Moisture (with Amodimethicone)
I'm so glad I heard about doing this, thanks guys! I think this is my new perfect routine.

swearnsue
March 28th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Hi Lapushka! I've been trying it and like this method a lot, it's a "keeper". I'm not able to get conditioner on my scalp these days because it makes me shed, so I put the first conditioner on my hair after I pull it over my right shoulder and smoosh it in my hair thoroughly from ear down. For my first I used my favorite conditioner first. Either Yes to Carrots or AOHR.

Clip it low on my nape and shower as usual.

Take my hair down and pull it over the other shoulder, don't rinse yet, and put more of either the same conditioner OR a little Mane N' Tail or a Neutrogena coney something. Massage that into the length, ears down and leave on for maybe a minute.

Rinse well, reduce the water temp a bit and rinse some more. Then ACV rinse with as warm/cool as comfortable.

Works great. My hair had been getting dry over the winter and didn't realize it until I tried this.

Thanks Lapushka, you got me started on a new conditioner trend and if you remember a couple of years ago you were the one that enabled me to buy my first Flexi-8s! (I have three in my hair right now).

molljo
March 28th, 2014, 01:17 PM
I'm very intrigued by this, especially since it seems to help my fellow wavies! Lately I've been mixing a too-heavy conditioner with a too-light one (just to use them up) and applying them at the same time, and the results have been ok, but now I'm wondering if this method would work better. I'm also curious too to see if there's any difference in the order I apply them. My wash day was yesterday, so I'll check back in in a few days to report my findings.

RainbowBowser
March 28th, 2014, 01:46 PM
I kind of do this? Is using shampoo, deep conditioner without cones, then cone-filled conditioner part of WCC?

lapushka
March 28th, 2014, 03:27 PM
Thanks Lapushka, you got me started on a new conditioner trend and if you remember a couple of years ago you were the one that enabled me to buy my first Flexi-8s! (I have three in my hair right now).

Oh yes, I remember! :lol:
Glad it's working for you!!!

pixldust
March 28th, 2014, 03:35 PM
This is a fantastic method. I've been doing this for about a month now and my hair loves it! Thanks lapushka!

lapushka
March 28th, 2014, 04:09 PM
This is a fantastic method. I've been doing this for about a month now and my hair loves it! Thanks lapushka!

You're welcome! :D Glad you like it!

ErinLeigh
March 29th, 2014, 08:07 AM
I kind of do this? Is using shampoo, deep conditioner without cones, then cone-filled conditioner part of WCC?

That's how I do it when I use cones.
IT is my favorite way to get the cone free conditioner to sink in, then I seal the moisture and get slip with the coney one.
When I am cone free I use an oil conditioner instead of a coney one.

I love doing WCC because I get to play around with lots of different options. Each little tweak brings something new. Sometime I will do a protein conditioner followed my a moisture, sometimes a double moisture bang, sometimes a deep conditioner and a lighter one to seal. Lots of options. It is fun for me to get to really enjoy my products. I got to shake the dust off of some I wasn't using as often also. There becomes a place for all of them :)

CremeTron
March 31st, 2014, 06:22 PM
Fantastic idea lapushka! I do this sometimes too, if my hair is still a bit tangly after I have co washed my hair and once, then I condition again.

Not regularly though but I certainly will start as want to get much more moisture into my hair from now on.

molljo
April 1st, 2014, 05:25 PM
Ok! I did this today, and here are my results.
I washed with sulfate-free shampoo, then my first condition was with my heavy one, left that on for about 5 minutes, rinsed in warm water, applied the light conditioner, left on for about 3 minutes, rinsed in cool water, sealed with olive oil, scrunched with gel, and air dried (my usual leave-in/styling method). My hair isn't any wavier, but it dried much quicker than usual, and I have more body, and maybe 50% less frizz than I normally do on wash days. My clumps also don't look as stringy as they usually do (my biggest hurdle with trying to appease the Wavy Hair God). However, the weather has warmed up dramatically the last couple days (from around 45F to 70F), so I don't really know how much the double conditioning affected my results versus weather.

lapushka
April 2nd, 2014, 10:21 AM
Ok! I did this today, and here are my results.
I washed with sulfate-free shampoo, then my first condition was with my heavy one, left that on for about 5 minutes, rinsed in warm water, applied the light conditioner, left on for about 3 minutes, rinsed in cool water, sealed with olive oil, scrunched with gel, and air dried (my usual leave-in/styling method). My hair isn't any wavier, but it dried much quicker than usual, and I have more body, and maybe 50% less frizz than I normally do on wash days. My clumps also don't look as stringy as they usually do (my biggest hurdle with trying to appease the Wavy Hair God). However, the weather has warmed up dramatically the last couple days (from around 45F to 70F), so I don't really know how much the double conditioning affected my results versus weather.

Hmm, maybe try when weather conditions are not so favorable towards wavy hair? :)

My experience with reducing frizz is that it just... works. I don't know how, but it does.

lapushka
April 8th, 2014, 09:40 AM
WCC on tape. Video of a woman with thick, naturally curly hair applying conditioner twice post wash:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QzqugwbYEE

schnibbles
April 8th, 2014, 01:33 PM
WCC on tape. Video of a woman with thick, naturally curly hair applying conditioner twice post wash:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QzqugwbYEE

That was a good video. Her hair is beautiful. Even tho I have a different hairtype than her, I found it educational... all that sectioning. Makes a lot of sense. :thumbsup:

lapushka
April 8th, 2014, 02:07 PM
That was a good video. Her hair is beautiful. Even tho I have a different hairtype than her, I found it educational... all that sectioning. Makes a lot of sense. :thumbsup:

We do the same kind of sectioning, just not tied up and out of the way. When my hair is washed, it gets "divided" into 4 sections, the top of my head, the back of my head, and the two sides. Every section gets a glob of shampoo and it is rubbed and massaged in, in parts, but it's all rinsed out at once. It helps hugely with thick hair!

Wosie
April 8th, 2014, 02:17 PM
^ That's what I do, but with conditioner. I only massage the shampoo into my scalp (but the suds travel down the ends really quickly most of the time as I bend over), but I section my hair into four-six sections and carefully distribute my conditioners into these parts. I reckon it's especially important when I've oiled my hair rather heavily ~24 hours before I wash my hair. I don't want any oils to visibly remain in it.

I've been doing the WCC method the past three times I washed my hair and it's working quite nicely. :thumbsup:

sarahthegemini
April 8th, 2014, 02:22 PM
I don't understand the logic of applying conditioner over the shampoo. Can someone explain please? Am I missing something? Thanks :)

Aderyn
April 8th, 2014, 02:42 PM
Well, I figure it helps to dilute the effects of the shampoo, and not just dilute it with water, but with a moisturizing conditioner which can counteract and lessen the drying effects of the shampoo immediately.

I haven't done anything like that, though I'd be willing to do some experiments. Might turn into WcCC instead, though, haha.

lapushka
April 8th, 2014, 02:44 PM
I haven't done anything like that, though I'd be willing to do some experiments. Might turn into WcCC instead, though, haha.

LOL! :lol:

lapushka
April 21st, 2014, 09:30 AM
Another conditioning twice routine (WCC) found on YT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCo8LnXVkG0

roseomalley
April 21st, 2014, 10:05 AM
I CWC. I apply the first conditioner on my length, then, without rinsing, I apply shampoo on my scalp and massage my scalp. I then rinse. I apply conditioner again and use my fingers or wide-tooth comb to get it all down the length. This sits on my hair while I shower/shave, then I rinse it out and use the wide-tooth comb again.

Hootenanny
April 21st, 2014, 10:52 AM
I CWCC, lol! Conditioner all over the length, then sulfate-free diluted shampoo on the roots only. Rinse, add second conditioner to the length, let it sit while I shave, etc., then rinse it out. Add leave-in conditioner, comb it through, then apply styling products. Sometimes my styling product is a curl cream which contains MOAR conditioner... so on those days, I guess I'm CWCCC-ing! :lol::rockerdud:lol:

eadwine
May 5th, 2014, 03:56 AM
FINALLY found this thread hahahah. Took me a bit to dig it up but google helped.

I currently do WC, and was thinking of going WCC as well. Every now and then I have the idea that one condition doesn't do it all, and then do it twice already, but as I am adjusting my hair routine this one can get done as well. Wait and see what happens :)

Thanks Lapushka for helping me out so much, I appreciate it :)

eadwine
May 9th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Glad to have another person reporting this works like a charm. My hair is doing cool stuff ;)

lapushka
May 9th, 2014, 03:41 PM
Thanks Lapushka for helping me out so much, I appreciate it :)

No worries. Glad to help! :D

Glad to have another person reporting this works like a charm. My hair is doing cool stuff ;)

I love that it works for you. Glad that I could help a(nother) fellow wavy with this method!!!

eadwine
May 9th, 2014, 04:25 PM
I love how I searched like crazy for this thread, only to see JUST now that the little bugger's link is right there in your signature. :rolleyes: :lol:

molljo
May 9th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Hey, lapushka, I just wanted to let you know that I've been doing both WCC and LOC for about a month, and together they've done WONDERS for my hair. No washing or styling method has ever given me as consistently great hair as these methods, so I just wanted to thank you and champion your technique! I might even go as far to say that it should be called the Wavy Girl method!

luluj
May 10th, 2014, 08:53 AM
Been using this method for literally years now. Originally I used CWC but that simply wasn't moisturizing enough for my waves, so I reverted the method, and came up with WCC.

Who else has been using this method? If not, try it sometime. I use it in conjunction with the LOC method for styling and my waves are generally (as most as this "wild mane" can be tamed) frizz-free.

Hello, lapushka.:waving:

I have been Conditioner Only for several months now, sort of. When I feel the need to wash my hair, which I do every third week or so, I use "live clean" Fresh Water, moisturizing shampoo, followed by the matching conditioner (which I also use to CO.) I like the way my hair behaves, sort of, once again. :shrug:

Yesterday I went out and bought Hello Hydration, as you have mentioned, and I am going to give WCC a go. My plan is to use my "live clean" shampoo & conditoner because they are SLS/Sulfate free and paraben free, followed by Hello Hydration for the second conditioning.

I will be sure to report back here with my thoughts.:blossom:

ETA...Just wondering how often you WCC, lapushka?

lapushka
May 10th, 2014, 09:48 AM
I love how I searched like crazy for this thread, only to see JUST now that the little bugger's link is right there in your signature. :rolleyes: :lol:

Yes, recently changed it from the TBL thread and the no-trimming thread to these two links! So sorry you had to struggle to find the links!!!

Hey, lapushka, I just wanted to let you know that I've been doing both WCC and LOC for about a month, and together they've done WONDERS for my hair. No washing or styling method has ever given me as consistently great hair as these methods, so I just wanted to thank you and champion your technique! I might even go as far to say that it should be called the Wavy Girl method!

That's amazing! Glad I could help!!! And the wavy girl method is a nice way to say it!!! Love it! :)

Hello, lapushka.:waving:

I have been Conditioner Only for several months now, sort of. When I feel the need to wash my hair, which I do every third week or so, I use "live clean" Fresh Water, moisturizing shampoo, followed by the matching conditioner (which I also use to CO.) I like the way my hair behaves, sort of, once again. :shrug:

Yesterday I went out and bought Hello Hydration, as you have mentioned, and I am going to give WCC a go. My plan is to use my "live clean" shampoo & conditoner because they are SLS/Sulfate free and paraben free, followed by Hello Hydration for the second conditioning.

I will be sure to report back here with my thoughts.:blossom:

ETA...Just wondering how often you WCC, lapushka?

Glad you're giving it a go. My hair's washed once a week, and in between washes there's nothing added to the hair. No extra moisture, serum, oil, anything.

meteor
May 10th, 2014, 01:59 PM
I am wondering if those who do WCC regularly have figured out what makes it work so well?

I follow S&C and use at least 10 times as much conditioner (100 ml) as shampoo (10 ml) (I actually measured it once :lol:), but I apply all that conditioner in one shot, often mixing multiple conditioners in one application.

I don't understand the benefits / mechanics of applying the same amount separated in 2 applications of 50 ml each vs. just one application of 100 ml. Is it about spreading and massaging it more thoroughly?

lapushka
May 10th, 2014, 03:52 PM
I don't understand the benefits / mechanics of applying the same amount separated in 2 applications of 50 ml each vs. just one application of 100 ml. Is it about spreading and massaging it more thoroughly?

We use two different conditioners here. The one is good for silky smoothness, while the other is more of a detangler. That way you get the best of both worlds. It's not about just applying one conditioner, even multiple times.

meteor
May 10th, 2014, 04:13 PM
We use two different conditioners here. The one is good for silky smoothness, while the other is more of a detangler. That way you get the best of both worlds. It's not about just applying one conditioner, even multiple times.

Great! Thank you, Lapushka! And there is no convention on whether or not to wash off the 1st conditioner before applying the 2nd one? Am I understanding correctly that it can be done with or without rinsing in-between 2 conditioners, and I'll just need to experiment and see what works better in my case?

lapushka
May 10th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Great! Thank you, Lapushka! And there is no convention on whether or not to wash off the 1st conditioner before applying the 2nd one? Am I understanding correctly that it can be done with or without rinsing in-between 2 conditioners, and I'll just need to experiment and see what works better in my case?

We've only ever tried it this way; by applying the first conditioner, rinsing it off, then applying the second one, rinsing it off - after both have been in for 2 minutes (or more).

You could try it without rinsing in between... You just have to experiment with that. I mean, I'm not going to sit here and declare that there is only one way to do this!

DweamGoiL
May 10th, 2014, 09:50 PM
I have been trying this myself with good results. I have been using a heavier conditioner, washing it out and the a lighter conditioner to finish off and my hair is much more moisturized and still has body with fine hair that is quite a feat! :)

lapushka
May 11th, 2014, 07:47 AM
I have been trying this myself with good results. I have been using a heavier conditioner, washing it out and the a lighter conditioner to finish off and my hair is much more moisturized and still has body with fine hair that is quite a feat! :)

F hair here as well, and at first I was worried it might weigh my hair down as well. But the lengths seem to be far more "forgiving" when hair is quite long (hip+ in my case), so that balances that out - quite a bit, actually! Glad it's working out for you!!!

luluj
May 11th, 2014, 08:45 AM
This morning I went ahead and gave the WCC a try and my results were wonderful. My hair is still damp in this picture, mostly at the root area.

I am extremely happy to say the least. My hair is so soft and there is minimal, if any, frizz going on. Best of all....the shine!!:p

I will keep at this for sure! Thanks, lapushka, for starting this thread.:blossom:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10827&d=1399818875

eadwine
May 11th, 2014, 08:53 AM
That looks wonderful!!

lapushka
May 11th, 2014, 12:03 PM
This morning I went ahead and gave the WCC a try and my results were wonderful. My hair is still damp in this picture, mostly at the root area.

I am extremely happy to say the least. My hair is so soft and there is minimal, if any, frizz going on. Best of all....the shine!!:p

I will keep at this for sure! Thanks, lapushka, for starting this thread.:blossom:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10827&d=1399818875

It looks great! I too find that this method is great for frizz-control, so we have that in common!
And no problem, glad I could help!

Johannah
May 11th, 2014, 12:51 PM
I bought Herbal Essence hello hydration conditioner and Inecto pure coconut conditioner. I'm going to try this WCC method tomorrow. I hope it'll reduce frizz as well, because that would be welcome :agree:

molljo
May 11th, 2014, 04:49 PM

This is what I do! My heavy conditioner is really moisturizing, and my light conditioner gives me lots of slip, so it's nice to have the best of both worlds, and give each conditioner time to do its thing. Soft hair and greatly reduced frizz.

browneyedsusan
May 11th, 2014, 05:03 PM
I tried it today!
Also, the LOC method with aloe vera gel--because that's the only leave-in I have at the moment.

swearnsue
May 11th, 2014, 05:48 PM
Still using the Lapushka Conditioning twice method (LCX2) for a couple of months now and haven't had any problems with build up or limp hair. I don't need to use a detangler either.

I don't need to pre oil every time I shampoo now, only when I feel like it and have time.

Thanks again Lapushka!

swearnsue
May 11th, 2014, 05:50 PM
I tried it today!
Also, the LOC method with aloe vera gel--because that's the only leave-in I have at the moment.

Browneyedsusan, just noticed your length pic in your siggy. My goodness your hair has really grown! I love the color and as it gets longer the waves are coming out nice too.

elsieivy
May 11th, 2014, 07:45 PM
I normally do CWC but I might need to give this a try. Thanks for the suggestion

TheHowlingWolf
May 11th, 2014, 10:07 PM
Do you think this would work if your second conditioner didn't have cones? My hair HATES cones, but this is interesting.

eadwine
May 11th, 2014, 10:53 PM
I don't even have a clue if my Cs (I use two different ones) have cones *shrug* :lol: I doubt it matters, as long as the C works for you.

ErinLeigh
May 11th, 2014, 11:15 PM
Do you think this would work if your second conditioner didn't have cones? My hair HATES cones, but this is interesting.

I do it in a cone free routine. I usually use a conditioner with oils in it for my second conditioner but I have found it is really preference. It doesn't seem to matter which 2 I use. My hair just likes a variety of conditioners for some reason. Sometime I will use 2 regular...one heavy, one light...one protein, one moisture...one deep, one oil based. Anything goes :)

ExpectoPatronum
May 11th, 2014, 11:26 PM
I've started playing around with this and I like it so far. I don't use it much for conditioning my hair more, but for ease of de-tangling. I've been putting my conditioner in, letting it sit for a couple minutes, rinsing, applying a little more, then gently combing it out. After the first soaking in conditioner, detangling is a lot easier.

luluj
May 16th, 2014, 05:45 AM
That looks wonderful!!

Aw, thank-you so much, eadwine :flowers: I somehow missed this post.:oops:

browneyedsusan
May 16th, 2014, 05:52 AM
Thanks, Swearnsue!

I never thought the WCC route would make much difference, but it does! My hair is super soft and slippy with it. Hmm... I had trouble with it slipping before, maybe this isn't such a good thing? LOL!
Do any of you notice a reduction in split ends with this method? (I have some, and I think it's from those little, silicone hair ties?)

Simone_Fatale
May 16th, 2014, 06:12 AM
I tried this method but it didn't really make a change with my hair. I always felt like the first conditioner application fully coats the strand and smooths down the cuticules, so the second application can't penetrate at all. Maybe I've been using the wrong conditioners... That's my experience.

lapushka
May 16th, 2014, 06:20 AM
I bought Herbal Essence hello hydration conditioner and Inecto pure coconut conditioner. I'm going to try this WCC method tomorrow. I hope it'll reduce frizz as well, because that would be welcome :agree:

We use the HE HH as the second conditioner. Just FYI. :)

Still using the Lapushka Conditioning twice method (LCX2) for a couple of months now and haven't had any problems with build up or limp hair. I don't need to use a detangler either.

I don't need to pre oil every time I shampoo now, only when I feel like it and have time.

Thanks again Lapushka!

You're welcome. I have no tangles either, it's *really* nice for detangling, isn't it?

I think you can do what you want. My conditioners both have cones in them, so... I wouldn't know what this would do. Try it, though!

I've started playing around with this and I like it so far. I don't use it much for conditioning my hair more, but for ease of de-tangling. I've been putting my conditioner in, letting it sit for a couple minutes, rinsing, applying a little more, then gently combing it out. After the first soaking in conditioner, detangling is a lot easier.

Yes, detangling! Awesome!

I never thought the WCC route would make much difference, but it does! My hair is super soft and slippy with it. Hmm... I had trouble with it slipping before, maybe this isn't such a good thing? LOL!
Do any of you notice a reduction in split ends with this method? (I have some, and I think it's from those little, silicone hair ties?)

I don't know if it's due to this method, but I haven't had split ends since I stopped dyeing, bleaching my hair and growing it out virgin - with this method.

I tried this method but it didn't really make a change with my hair. I always felt like the first conditioner application fully coats the strand and smooths down the cuticules, so the second application can't penetrate at all. Maybe I've been using the wrong conditioners... That's my experience.

That's too bad. Anyhow, you tried, right? :) It's not for everyone.

luluj
May 16th, 2014, 06:38 AM
Thanks, Swearnsue!

I have only just begun using the WCC method, so I can't really say about a reduction of split ends in my own case, but I can agree with you 100% when it comes to softness and slip!

Just yesterday I cleaned out the bathroom hair drawer and all silicone hair ties were tossed, along with many other items, they are not kind to hair at all.

May I say how long and lovely your hair is browneyedsusan, your journey from pixie to your current length is quite inspiring! I came to TLHC in 2009 with a pixie, so I know what it takes to make the journey. Your colour is gorgeous, also.

Simone_Fatale
May 16th, 2014, 10:24 AM
That's too bad. Anyhow, you tried, right? :) It's not for everyone.
I did more research and I believe this has to do with my hair being very low porous. It just can't soak up a lot of conditioner. Too bad :(

browneyedsusan
May 16th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Thanks, Luluj. I adore your color. Beautiful!

I've only WCC'd (and LOC'd) twice, but haven't noticed any change in my texture. I can convince it to dry wavier, but it reverts back to its normal state pretty quickly. If I go outdoors with it down, it straightens out almost immediately. I think it likes to be a tiny bit wavy, and ain't nothing going to change it! goofy hair!

TheHowlingWolf
May 16th, 2014, 01:09 PM
My next wash day is Sunday & I think I might try this!

kidari
May 16th, 2014, 01:20 PM
I feel like I do a variation of this every time I wash. I use a rinse out conditioner after washing then I use a leave-in conditioner after towel-drying. When I CO, sometimes I apply the cleansing conditioner then I apply a thick deep conditioner on the ends only. Also, sometimes I use a deep cleansing shampoo followed by a reconstructing conditioner followed by a moisturizing mask.

Aderyn
May 16th, 2014, 02:03 PM
Have been doing this for a month or so.

I'm liking the results of:
Wash with shampoo bar.
Lots of cone free conditioner on length. Very small, dilute amount on scalp. Detangle. Rinse out
Then small-medium amount of conditioner from ears/shoulder down: cone free, coney, whatever is on hand.

I've also noticed a reduction in split ends since starting this method.

I was also worried about the conditioner weighing down my fine, low-porosity hair, though I haven't had an issue.

lapushka
May 16th, 2014, 02:43 PM
I was also worried about the conditioner weighing down my fine, low-porosity hair, though I haven't had an issue.

That's what I was terribly worried about in the beginning. But it seems at longer lengths that the lengths are so dry and tangly, that they soak up the moisture nonetheless - because it's needed. When I had about APL length hair, it would have weighed down my hair, I'm afraid.

kidari
May 16th, 2014, 08:36 PM
^^ I agree. When my hair passes 28" it really needs heavier conditioners and tons of leave ins. conditioning twice seems more necessary plus it's a great way to use up all the stuff I've been hoarding. using a meh conditioner 1st is an awesome way to use it up without letting it go to waste.

eadwine
May 17th, 2014, 03:07 AM
^^ I agree. When my hair passes 28" it really needs heavier conditioners and tons of leave ins. conditioning twice seems more necessary plus it's a great way to use up all the stuff I've been hoarding. using a meh conditioner 1st is an awesome way to use it up without letting it go to waste.

That is what I do for my first, use up the old conditioner that way. I used to have an old stash somewhere in the attic of product I didn't use.. but I think I gave that to goodwill a long while ago, can't remember though and can't be bothered to go look :lol:

ErinLeigh
May 17th, 2014, 03:27 AM
I tend to use my better conditioners first. I want to make sure they soak in the deepest I guess. My second one is more just to use up product, detangle, and seal (since my second is usually oil based.) I like seeing how we all do it our own way.

Marika
May 17th, 2014, 04:09 AM
My hair is really slippery as it is. It still tangles easily when dry but never when it's wet or damp. That means I don't have to detangle my hair at all after washing (usually CWC). Do you think I would still benefit from WCC? Any other "slippery people" using this method? I guess it doesn't hurt to try :shrug: I'm going to wash my hair tomorrow and I'll let you know! :)

eadwine
May 17th, 2014, 05:37 AM
I have floop hair, it hasn't gotten more floopy using WCC, but I have to state that I don't comb anymore, so that must help unfloop as well :)

molljo
May 17th, 2014, 12:52 PM
I tend to use my better conditioners first. I want to make sure they soak in the deepest I guess. My second one is more just to use up product, detangle, and seal (since my second is usually oil based.) I like seeing how we all do it our own way.

Me too. Heavy conditioner to really get in there and do the big moisturizing first, then the lighter one to give me slip, detangle, and to make sure I've conditioned everything if I happened to miss some strands on conditioner #1.

lapushka
May 17th, 2014, 01:33 PM
I always leave the so-called "bad" conditioners for the first condition, then my heaviest conditioner for the second condition.

Wosie
May 17th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Have you tried it the other way around, lapushka (best conditioner first)? If so, what was your opinion of it? :hmm:

---

Maybe this fits more for the Random Thoughts thread, but I'll post it here. :D

Cut off 0.8"-1" of straggly, thin ends yesterday and WCC:ed (with a clarifying shampoo as the W) today. Feels like a small new start in a way. :)

Agnes Hannah
May 17th, 2014, 04:10 PM
My hair is really slippery as it is. It still tangles easily when dry but never when it's wet or damp. That means I don't have to detangle my hair at all after washing (usually CWC). Do you think I would still benefit from WCC? Any other "slippery people" using this method? I guess it doesn't hurt to try :shrug: I'm going to wash my hair tomorrow and I'll let you know! :)

Yep my hair is as slippery as a slippery thing with added slipperyness! I still WCC though, cheapy condish first, but posh stuff on the very ends. Second condish is usually something a little coney just to seal in the moisture. As my hair is uber fine and the ends have been damaged through hair dying, this method has improved the condition of those ends tremendously. I also add a little bit of serum or coconut oil on the ends before going to bed. It all helps. No splits and no trims for a few months now, and my hair used to split just by looking at it. WCC has worked for me and is now a regular routine for me.

lapushka
May 17th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Have you tried it the other way around, lapushka (best conditioner first)? If so, what was your opinion of it? :hmm:

No but tomorrow happens to be wash day; I'll see what it does. Will report back! :)

eadwine
May 17th, 2014, 04:22 PM
I haven't dared to swap mine around just yet, afraid to mess up the trials after all that are going on here. I do as you do Lapushka, best last.

Curious to hear the results :)

lapushka
May 18th, 2014, 06:00 AM
OK my results aren't all that spectacular! O gosh...

The hair afterwards when combing it out was different. In all the years (many, many years) that I've been using this method, good (thicker, more moisturizing) conditioner last, I have had *no* problems detangling. The comb just always slides through without ever even catching a hair!

Now with swapping the conditioners around, detangling at first seemed to go smooth, but then we hit upon a 10-strand knot that was hard to remove and unfortunately had to be cut out around mid-length. :(

So, no, sorry, I won't be swapping my conditioners around anymore, not anytime soon. Failed experiment, folks!

Everybody trying this method, try using your best, most moisturizing conditioner last - and see if it makes a difference.

eadwine
May 18th, 2014, 06:18 AM
Ouch.. :(

*will not swap conditioners, using the most appropriate one last!*

Thanks for saving me one trial ;)

Marika
May 18th, 2014, 07:48 AM
Ok, I tried WCC this morning and the results are good! :thumbsup: Very similar to CWC but I think my hair is now somewhat wavier than normal. I used a cone-free conditioner first and coney conditioner last. I also used a cone-free leave-in conditioner and a little bit panacea when my hair was almost dry. I think I'm going to continue with WCC for a while to see the long-term results! :)

lapushka
May 18th, 2014, 08:07 AM
Ok, I tried WCC this morning and the results are good! :thumbsup: Very similar to CWC but I think my hair is now somewhat wavier than normal. I used a cone-free conditioner first and coney conditioner last. I also used a cone-free leave-in conditioner and a little bit panacea when my hair was almost dry. I think I'm going to continue with WCC for a while to see the long-term results! :)

Glad you had a favorable experience! :) I hope the waviness continues for you. I for one have the most waves when using this method + the LOC method (see signature) afterwards.

kittykat86
May 20th, 2014, 11:02 AM
I am going to try this method today as it is wash day. I will probably use my normal shampoo and use a cheap conditioner then use the matching conditioner to my shampoo since I love it so. Hopefully this will bring out the waves and help control frizz. DH has curly hair and he always says that I have far too much frizz for being a straight-haired girl. We shall see.

eadwine
May 20th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Do you have a picture of your hair somewhere? :)

ExpectoPatronum
May 20th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Seeing how conditioning twice made a difference in my hair, I decided to try washing twice too. I try to use gentle shampoos and I've noticed that, sometimes, the really gentle ones don't clean my scalp well and I'm left with flakes and build up.

How I do it: First wash, I get a quarter size amount and slather it onto my head, squishing it to work it through to my scalp. I do the same on the bottom half of my hair (My hair is thick and washing in sections makes it easier). Then I take my fingers and just quickly work the shampoo the rest of the way through - maybe one or two passes through my scalp. Since my hair is usually greasy, the shampoo doesn't typically lather up at this point. After the quick work through, I rinse it out.

Second wash, I wash my hair as I normally would, only I need a little less shampoo as the first wash through removed some of the oils. SLS free shampoo lathers much nicer with this method.

Benefits? I'm not having a problem with flakes or itching like I was with gentler shampoos in the past. I do feel like I use less shampoo. I also feel like washing my hair doesn't take as long.

I guess you could say my routine now is WWCC :p

ErinLeigh
May 20th, 2014, 01:13 PM
I WWCC everytime I clarify. :)
Little time consuming but so worth it. I use a sulfate clarify shampoo to cut oil/grease and prep the hair for the second clarify/ chelate sulfate free shampoo. This way I know hair is clean and clarified. Then I deep condition and follow with a regular rinse out. I do it monthy and love it. I can totally see how it can work for you.

luluj
May 20th, 2014, 02:36 PM
I did my second WCC this morning, with great results once again. It has been raining here, which usually means plenty of frizz for me, but not so today. I find that my curls have eased, leaving me with more of a wavy texture, although I have gained some length and the longer my hair grows the less it curls, so this could also be a factor. Either way, this is working very well.

Here is a photo of my frizz free hair......on a rainy day!!:applause

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x374/lulubell58/caddcc6b4978112d21c4fa9e66719d9c_zps39ce94f4.jpg

lapushka
May 20th, 2014, 02:49 PM
Do you have a picture of your hair somewhere? :)

Yes, I'd love to see one too. You might be more wavy than you think.

How I do it: First wash, I get a quarter size amount and slather it onto my head, squishing it to work it through to my scalp. I do the same on the bottom half of my hair (My hair is thick and washing in sections makes it easier). Then I take my fingers and just quickly work the shampoo the rest of the way through - maybe one or two passes through my scalp. Since my hair is usually greasy, the shampoo doesn't typically lather up at this point. After the quick work through, I rinse it out.

Second wash, I wash my hair as I normally would, only I need a little less shampoo as the first wash through removed some of the oils. SLS free shampoo lathers much nicer with this method.

Benefits? I'm not having a problem with flakes or itching like I was with gentler shampoos in the past. I do feel like I use less shampoo. I also feel like washing my hair doesn't take as long.

I guess you could say my routine now is WWCC :p

I WWCC everytime I clarify. :)
Little time consuming but so worth it. I use a sulfate clarify shampoo to cut oil/grease and prep the hair for the second clarify/ chelate sulfate free shampoo. This way I know hair is clean and clarified. Then I deep condition and follow with a regular rinse out. I do it monthy and love it. I can totally see how it can work for you.

My hair is sectioned in a wash as well, but we use globs of shampoo on it. It's only washed once, but the amount of shampoo used... gosh. 1 palmful for the back of my head, one for the top of my head and 1 for the two sides. Only that can get my scalp *really* clean. I guess it borders on washing twice. :lol:

I did my second WCC this morning, with great results once again. It has been raining here, which usually means plenty of frizz for me, but not so today. I find that my curls have eased, leaving me with more of a wavy texture, although I have gained some length and the longer my hair grows the less it curls, so this could also be a factor. Either way, this is working very well.

Here is a photo of my frizz free hair......on a rainy day!!:applause

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x374/lulubell58/caddcc6b4978112d21c4fa9e66719d9c_zps39ce94f4.jpg

Gorgeous texture, luluj.

And I love this method. It brings me frizz-free hair too. With one condition instead of two (+ the leave-in afterwards), I get plenty of frizz, trust me.

grimsqueaker
May 20th, 2014, 04:02 PM
I love this method! First, I use whatever shampoo I have on hand, usually a sulfate-free, because I need to use up my stash. Then, I rinse it out and apply a suave naturals conditioner, leave it on for about 2 minutes, rinse that out and apply a oil conditioner (SheaMoisture, because, once again, I need to use it up.) leave that on for ~2 minutes, rinse that out, sometimes I'll do a cold water rinse and/or a DT if I feel like it. My hair absolutely loves it! Maybe when I use up the oil conditioners I have on hand, I'll try a coney one, but a part of me is afraid that they'll weigh my hair down at this length... Oh well, I'll find out when I get there.

bunzfan
May 21st, 2014, 01:55 AM
I've been doing this for awhile and it really does work :D,I use two rich conditioners.

Wosie
May 21st, 2014, 04:05 AM
Hehe, I did a Ccc yesterday. :laugh: (That is to say a cheap conditioner over my whole head and hair and two rich conditioners on my ends after one another [with a rinse in between].) Today my hair is really shiny and soft. c:

lapushka
May 21st, 2014, 08:02 AM
I love this method! First, I use whatever shampoo I have on hand, usually a sulfate-free, because I need to use up my stash. Then, I rinse it out and apply a suave naturals conditioner, leave it on for about 2 minutes, rinse that out and apply a oil conditioner (SheaMoisture, because, once again, I need to use it up.) leave that on for ~2 minutes, rinse that out, sometimes I'll do a cold water rinse and/or a DT if I feel like it. My hair absolutely loves it! Maybe when I use up the oil conditioners I have on hand, I'll try a coney one, but a part of me is afraid that they'll weigh my hair down at this length... Oh well, I'll find out when I get there.

I've been doing this for awhile and it really does work :D,I use two rich conditioners.

That's really nice to hear! :D

Hehe, I did a Ccc yesterday. :laugh: (That is to say a cheap conditioner over my whole head and hair and two rich conditioners on my ends after one another [with a rinse in between].) Today my hair is really shiny and soft. c:

Well, whatever works, right. ;)

ErinLeigh
May 21st, 2014, 03:25 PM

HA! I do this one too. I am a conditioner freak I think. I WWCC, CWC, and CCC. I have a lot to use up and my chemically treated hair soaks in conditioner like crazy so I give it what it wants.

luluj your hair looks stunning!!!!!

Lapushka that's a good amount of shampoo but I totally get it. There is lots of hair to wash and the scalp to treat. Hair after a good wash like that is totally prepped and ready to CC. I bet it sinks right in. Well cleansed hair really takes in conditioner and gets the full benefit of it which is probably another reason it works so well for you. I would imagine hair feels brand new and fantastic after a wash.

lapushka
May 21st, 2014, 03:31 PM
Lapushka that's a good amount of shampoo but I totally get it. There is lots of hair to wash and the scalp to treat. Hair after a good wash like that is totally prepped and ready to CC. I bet it sinks right in. Well cleansed hair really takes in conditioner and gets the full benefit of it which is probably why it works so well for you. I would imagine hair feels brand new and fantastic after a wash.

Yes, it is a *lot*, but I have thick hair, so it needs to be sectioned to get a good wash, too loosen all the gunk and grime and get the grease out. And of course CC after is heaven. It does sink right in, like you said! Especially after a shampoo that harsh (sulfates all the way, because of SD). My hair does feel nice after a wash. Makes me perk right up. :D

luluj
May 21st, 2014, 05:30 PM
Gorgeous texture, luluj.

And I love this method. It brings me frizz-free hair too. With one condition instead of two (+ the leave-in afterwards), I get plenty of frizz, trust me.

Thank-you, lapushka! :blossom:

I am loving the way my hair feels and......no frizz......awesome!! :cheer:

luluj
May 21st, 2014, 05:31 PM
HA! I do this one too. I am a conditioner freak I think. I WWCC, CWC, and CCC. I have a lot to use up and my chemically treated hair soaks in conditioner like crazy so I give it what it wants.

luluj your hair looks stunning!!!!!

Lapushka that's a good amount of shampoo but I totally get it. There is lots of hair to wash and the scalp to treat. Hair after a good wash like that is totally prepped and ready to CC. I bet it sinks right in. Well cleansed hair really takes in conditioner and gets the full benefit of it which is probably another reason it works so well for you. I would imagine hair feels brand new and fantastic after a wash.

Aw, thanks SO very much, ErinLeigh!:cloud9:

Wosie
May 22nd, 2014, 02:23 AM
ErinLeigh} I have never colour treated my hair, nor used any heat on it, but it desperately needs moisture anyway. :S Maybe it's due to my coarseness?

I also have atopic eczema and periodically very dry skin--could that cause dry hair as well? :hmm:

Either way, doing the Ccc method worked somewhat like a deep treatment for me, so I'll definitely do it again soon! Next time I'll better use shampoo (SLS free for me) though, it itches less.

TheHowlingWolf
May 23rd, 2014, 10:09 PM
So I tried CWC for my last 2 washes cause I thought it made more sense, but my hair kinda feels yucky (weighed down, too much moisture?). So I think I'll finally try WCC next time....hopefully it works for me!

Wosie
May 24th, 2014, 02:55 AM
THW, what shampoo and conditioner did you use when you tried out the CWC method? Maybe the first conditioner was too rich, so that the shampoo couldn't clean the lengths very well?

TheHowlingWolf
May 24th, 2014, 01:18 PM
I used Andalou Naturals Age Defying conditioner, then the matching shampoo, then Acure Argan Oil conditioner. I did try to make sure I rinsed out the first conditioner, maybe I didn't do it well enough. Would that conditioner combo work for WCC?

lapushka
May 24th, 2014, 02:38 PM
I used Andalou Naturals Age Defying conditioner, then the matching shampoo, then Acure Argan Oil conditioner. I did try to make sure I rinsed out the first conditioner, maybe I didn't do it well enough. Would that conditioner combo work for WCC?

Anything you want would be good for WCC. You make the method! I would use the most thick, moisturizing conditioner last, though. See above what happened when I didn't use that one last (knot).

longhairedlady
May 24th, 2014, 02:53 PM
i use this method!

lapushka
May 24th, 2014, 03:24 PM
i use this method!

Wow, and you have such long hair. How do you do it? :D It's just that I can't imagine having hair that long!!!

Dewdrop
May 26th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Hi! So Lapushka suggested I join this thread, since I always wash, condition, and then use a mask, so pretty much it's WCC. I started adding the masks since normal conditioners don't really cut it for me, I'm currently touching waist and I don't trim, and S&D very lazily, so my ends are pretty dry. What I do is just wash really thoroughly (lather 2 times and squeeze shampoo down the ends), rinse, squeeze a little of the water out and add conditioner, shave what needs to be shaved, then I rinse out and scrub my whole body so my hair has time to get a lot of water out, then I divide in two and comb (very gently) the mask in. Maybe TMI but I use my frontal bumpers as little tables to put the hair on, so that the mask will stay put and not drip down my back. Then I usually just wash my face and brush my teeth, and then I rinse, just letting the water flow down. Usually this means that there's still a tiny bit of mask in but I find this works really well for my ends. 99% of the time I add serum and an oil after, because the length of my hair can handle a lot of product before it looks greasy.
I hope that wasn't too long, and let me know if you have a question!

lapushka
May 26th, 2014, 03:13 PM
That seems like a typical WCC, Dewdrop! And the styling afterwards can be considered LOC method (see my signature as well). Both work really nicely for me, one in conjunction with the other.

TheHowlingWolf
May 28th, 2014, 10:05 PM
Okay, so I have tried this method & have liked it. I used up the conditioners that I was using and have purchased more conditioner. One is a moisturizing conditioner & the other is a deep conditioner. I haven't used either of them before, but judging from the ingredients, which one do you think is more moisturizing? Which one should I use first & which one should I use second? I was thinking the moisturizing conditioner first & the deep conditioner last. But idk. Maybe I wont even have to use both conditioners but I do like this method and found my hair is more manageable despite still being annoying lol.

Moisturizing Conditioner ingredients (Andalou Naturals Moisture Rich Conditioner, Sweet Orange & Argan):
Aloe barbadensis juice*, stearylkonium chloride, glyceryl stearate, cetearyl alcohol, glycine soya (soy) milk, argania spinsosa (argan) and persea gratissima (avocado) oils*, vanilla planifolia and citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) extracts*, manuka honey, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter*†, theobroma cacao (cocoa) butter*, panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), tocopherol (vitamin E), amino acid complex (arginine, threonine and serine), sorbitol, fruit stem cells (malus domestica, solar vitis) and bioactive 8 berry complex*, borago officinalis (borage), rosa canina (rosehip) and simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) oils*, aspalathus linearis (rooibos) and camellia sinensis (white tea) extracts*†, sodium benzoate, citric acid, potassium sorbate, ethylhexylglycerin, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) oil*.

Deep conditioner ingredients (Andalou Naturals, Argan Oil Plus + Deep Conditioner, Ultimate Moisture):
Aloe barbadensis juice*, cetyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol, argania spinsosa (argan) and simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) oils*, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter*†, theobroma cacao (cocoa) butter*, hydrolyzed soy protein, vanilla planifolia extract*, allantoin, amino acid complex (arginine, threonine, and serine), fruit stem cells (malus domestica, solar vitis) and bioactive 8 berry complex*, panthenol (pro vitamin B5) octyl palmitate, soy lecithin, aspalanthus linearis (rooibos) and camellia sinensis (white tea) extracts*†, sodium benzoate, citric acid, potassium sorbate, ethylhexylglycerin, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil*.

ErinLeigh
May 28th, 2014, 11:46 PM
Personally I would deep condition first. There is protein in it which I would want to use first so it has a chance to sink in...then use the moisture one as the final detangler and to keep hair soft following the protein one. Just my opinion of how I would do it. I am sure it will work either way and you can play around with it to see which way you find best :)

lapushka
May 29th, 2014, 07:25 AM
I'd use the deeper one last (the most thick, moisturizing one is going to be the deeper one), but that's just MO, and what I would do. I'm always conscious to use a thinner conditioner or consistency first, and Herbal Essences Hello Hydration last. It's my standard go-to last conditioner.

molljo
May 29th, 2014, 10:23 AM
I think I have some insight on the deep conditioner first or second issue. I just finished a wash cycle (washed 4 days ago, and I'm washing today) and last time I mixed it up and used the deep one last. The results weren't great. My roots got greasy much faster and my length dried out. HOWEVER, what I think is going on is that I don't use cones, and it seems everyone who likes the deep one last uses cones. So this is only my experience, but perhaps cone use makes a difference on the order.

Marika
May 29th, 2014, 11:05 AM
TheHowlingWolf, last time I washed my hair, I used that very same Andalou argan deep conditioner first (left it for 2-3 min) and another cone-free conditioner last. I got great results! Hair is stick straight and really soft and silky. When I use coney conditioners with WCC, I get waves but with cone-free conditioners, my hair is really straight! Wonder why...? My leave-ins were Alba Botanica (cone-free) mixed with Redken Extreme Anti-Snap (cones) and winter panacea (was it Freya?) when my hair was almost dry.

lapushka
May 29th, 2014, 01:01 PM
I think I have some insight on the deep conditioner first or second issue. I just finished a wash cycle (washed 4 days ago, and I'm washing today) and last time I mixed it up and used the deep one last. The results weren't great. My roots got greasy much faster and my length dried out. HOWEVER, what I think is going on is that I don't use cones, and it seems everyone who likes the deep one last uses cones. So this is only my experience, but perhaps cone use makes a difference on the order.

That's a little odd if the conditioner doesn't go on your roots, for your hair to get oilier faster. ?! Odd.

TheHowlingWolf
May 29th, 2014, 03:44 PM
TheHowlingWolf, last time I washed my hair, I used that very same Andalou argan deep conditioner first (left it for 2-3 min) and another cone-free conditioner last. I got great results! Hair is stick straight and really soft and silky. When I use coney conditioners with WCC, I get waves but with cone-free conditioners, my hair is really straight! Wonder why...? My leave-ins were Alba Botanica (cone-free) mixed with Redken Extreme Anti-Snap (cones) and winter panacea (was it Freya?) when my hair was almost dry.
Great! Thanks! I'll try it both ways maybe, but I'll try the deep conditioner first like you did!

lapushka
May 29th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Great! Thanks! I'll try it both ways maybe, but I'll try the deep conditioner first like you did!

Have fun trying, THW! Keep us posted! :D

longhairedlady
May 30th, 2014, 12:31 AM
Wow, and you have such long hair. How do you do it? :D It's just that I can't imagine having hair that long!!!

Well, I used to be able to do it sitting in the tub. But now I have to shampoo and condition standing up. I wash my scalp, then rinse. Then I separate my hair into two halves and bring it forward. then I load it up with a ton of conditioner on each side and use my wide tooth comb to comb the conditioner thru. I usually add more conditioner during this process. Then I rinse it and repeat! It takes maybe 30-45 minutes? maybe not that long, maybe it just seems to take forever lol. Sometimes I rinse with cold water at the final rinse. But I am not religious about that.

molljo
May 30th, 2014, 01:46 AM
That's a little odd if the conditioner doesn't go on your roots, for your hair to get oilier faster. ?! Odd.

No, I only apply ears-down. Oily roots/dry length tends to be my hair's default state. I tried lots of different techniques to try to mitigate this, trust me, and *for me* my version of WCC works hands-down, the best. I've found that packing on moisture on my length helps to keep things in a state of equilibrium for longer (as in, now my length starts drying out at day 4 instead of at the end of day 2, roots show signs of oil on day 3 and not 12 hours after I wash).
I'm fully willing to admit that I could be an anomaly, but I do think it's important to at least have my method available as an option if the usual way that seems to work for most people doesn't work for others. WCC has been the best thing to happen to my hair, and I'd hate for someone to give up on it because they think you *have* to use the heavier one last.

ErinLeigh
May 30th, 2014, 01:53 AM

I think you may be on to something. I don't use cones for either so I use my deep first so all the good ingredients are sure to penetrate. If I used lighter conditioner first it could block some of the ingredients of the deep one. I really want the full benefit of my deep one. The 2nd lighter conditioner for me and lighter is my "finishing" conditioner. Usually has oils in it to smooth hair,detangle as well as seal in the moisture. I like moisture after protein so that is another reason I suppose.

lapushka
May 30th, 2014, 06:39 AM
Well, I used to be able to do it sitting in the tub. But now I have to shampoo and condition standing up. I wash my scalp, then rinse. Then I separate my hair into two halves and bring it forward. then I load it up with a ton of conditioner on each side and use my wide tooth comb to comb the conditioner thru. I usually add more conditioner during this process. Then I rinse it and repeat! It takes maybe 30-45 minutes? maybe not that long, maybe it just seems to take forever lol. Sometimes I rinse with cold water at the final rinse. But I am not religious about that.

*takes notes for the future* (hopefully) :D
You make it seem easy!

Thank you for sharing your method of washing your hair with us, appreciate it, longhairedlady!

longhairedlady
May 31st, 2014, 10:47 AM
*takes notes for the future* (hopefully) :D
You make it seem easy!

Thank you for sharing your method of washing your hair with us, appreciate it, longhairedlady!

Honestly it is easy! I think if I went from normal-long hair to very long hair it would be a shock. But over time you just adjust and it seems normal. The time it takes is honestly a big deciding factor in why I only wash every 5-7 days lol. Pure laziness.

lapushka
May 31st, 2014, 02:25 PM
Honestly it is easy! I think if I went from normal-long hair to very long hair it would be a shock. But over time you just adjust and it seems normal. The time it takes is honestly a big deciding factor in why I only wash every 5-7 days lol. Pure laziness.

Mine's washed every 7 days as well, seems the most convenient (and it's only hip+ right now). I'm expecting to grow to TBL this year. We'll see how far we get! ;)

TheHowlingWolf
May 31st, 2014, 02:41 PM
Wow! I tried this last night (with the deep conditioner first) & my hair is so soft! I barely needed to detangle it after, & when I did, the tangles were so easy to get out! Even now! Thanks for sharing this method!

lapushka
May 31st, 2014, 03:14 PM
Wow! I tried this last night (with the deep conditioner first) & my hair is so soft! I barely needed to detangle it after, & when I did, the tangles were so easy to get out! Even now! Thanks for sharing this method!

I'm glad you found it helpful, THW! I'm just so glad to share! I looove this method (but that goes without saying). ;)

YamaMaya
June 27th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Been using this method for awhile now, and it's really working for me along with a sort of modified LOC of leave in and coconut and olive oil but no cream.

lapushka
June 28th, 2014, 07:45 AM
Been using this method for awhile now, and it's really working for me along with a sort of modified LOC of leave in and coconut and olive oil but no cream.

Glad you like it! I love the way it moisturizes my hair!

Sparklylady82
June 28th, 2014, 03:42 PM
Tried this method today for washing using Garnier Frutris Sleek & Shine shampoo, Deva Curl One Conditioner then Garnier Sleek & shine conditioner. My hair feels really soft and I like the look it gives my waves. I barely had to comb my hair! I think this will be a great method especially as my hair is getting longer.

My results:
http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a517/haleyemily06/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-06/10B6AF5B-3CD5-454D-BC75-88FE68DCBD3D_zpssy7lgqfg.jpg (http://s1281.photobucket.com/user/haleyemily06/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-06/10B6AF5B-3CD5-454D-BC75-88FE68DCBD3D_zpssy7lgqfg.jpg.html)

lapushka
June 28th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Yes, detangling is a breeze, I mean what detangling? The comb just glides on through. That's the benefit of moisturizing well. On top of this I adhere to the LOC method, even more moisture (my hair is clarify washed weekly though).

Your hair looks lovely, Sparklylady82!

Sparklylady82
June 28th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Your hair looks lovely, Sparklylady82!
Thank you!

Sparklylady82
June 29th, 2014, 11:26 PM
What brand of products do you use for the method? Shampoo, conditioner and 2cnd conditioner, leave-in, oil?

lapushka
June 30th, 2014, 05:23 AM
What brand of products do you use for the method? Shampoo, conditioner and 2cnd conditioner, leave-in, oil?

I have to use a harsh(er) shampoo because of seborrheic dermatitis, so I use: Pantene Aqua Light or Herbal Essences Dazzling Shine, or Garnier Ultra Doux 5 herbs (all with sulfates but without silicones). Then I use whatever conditioner is around for the first condition, and *always* use Herbal Essences Hello Hydration for my second condition (because it is *so* smoothing and detangling). After that combing is sooo easy, the comb just glides on through. Love it!

Sparklylady82
June 30th, 2014, 11:40 AM
I have to use a harsh(er) shampoo because of seborrheic dermatitis, so I use: Pantene Aqua Light or Herbal Essences Dazzling Shine, or Garnier Ultra Doux 5 herbs (all with sulfates but without silicones). Then I use whatever conditioner is around for the first condition, and *always* use Herbal Essences Hello Hydration for my second condition (because it is *so* smoothing and detangling). After that combing is sooo easy, the comb just glides on through. Love it!

Oh thank you!

Beezle
July 1st, 2014, 07:13 AM
I tried this this morning. I bought a new conditioner because I have for years used the same shampoo and conditioner and didn't have any cast-offs to play with. I didn't notice any change in tangles but next time (as there will be a next time) I will reverse the conditioners to see if that makes a difference. My very fine slippery hair slipped out of its hold even more than usual but my hair feels so silky that I can forgive it.

lapushka
July 1st, 2014, 08:00 AM
I tried this this morning. I bought a new conditioner because I have for years used the same shampoo and conditioner and didn't have any cast-offs to play with. I didn't notice any change in tangles but next time (as there will be a next time) I will reverse the conditioners to see if that makes a difference. My very fine slippery hair slipped out of its hold even more than usual but my hair feels so silky that I can forgive it.

Make sure at least one conditioner is a nice thick moisturizing formula. That's why I use the Hello Hydration from Herbal Essences. And do use the thicker formula as your last conditioner. For an experiment, I reversed the order, and ended up with a 10-strand knot, which hadn't happened to me -ever-. So yes, the quality of the conditioners does matter and the order as well, oddly enough.

StellaKatherine
July 1st, 2014, 08:04 AM
Hmm washing my hair tomorrow and thinking if I should try this one. Right now I've been first conditioning then washing my scalp only and then conditioning the lenght... Do you condition scalp at all ? I feel I've been probably coconut oiling my hair too much, as my hair became more greazy near the scalp than usually (washing once per week ). Will not put any on my scalp I think next time. But how about conditioner ?

Ps. Stella... do not keep a coconut oil on your scalp for 24 hours... it really doesn't need so much of oiling as your ends....!!! :D :crazyq::oops::grin:

lapushka
July 1st, 2014, 08:19 AM
Hmm washing my hair tomorrow and thinking if I should try this one. Right now I've been first conditioning then washing my scalp only and then conditioning the lenght... Do you condition scalp at all ? I feel I've been probably coconut oiling my hair too much, as my hair became more greazy near the scalp than usually (washing once per week ). Will not put any on my scalp I think next time. But how about conditioner ?

Only the lengths here, from ear down, never the scalp.

StellaKatherine
July 1st, 2014, 08:29 AM
Ok, I will try it out tomorrow :) Do you think Tresemme Naturals be thick enough for second conditioning?

lapushka
July 1st, 2014, 10:29 AM
Ok, I will try it out tomorrow :) Do you think Tresemme Naturals be thick enough for second conditioning?

I'm not familiar with that conditioner, so I can't say. But from what I hear around the forum, it seems to be a pretty awesome conditioner. :) Maybe try it?

StellaKatherine
July 2nd, 2014, 03:30 PM
Usually I do not shampoo my head well enough (just fast wash without a masage ). But today I decided to go through my head and massage at same time for a couple of minutes... After my hair dried I noticed something white near my roots. I thought first it was dandruff but actually it is dry skin! Now I wonder if that is good or bad thing that I have this dry skin coming out ? Woud this be because of me masage my scalp more than I usually would do ?

molljo
July 2nd, 2014, 03:47 PM
I think maybe rubbing in the shampoo for so long was too much for your scalp, especially after you've been pretty blasé about it (it may have adjusted itself). Is there a reason you thought your previous way of doing it wasn't "enough"? Did you not feel clean enough or was it that it just felt lazy to do it that way and you "should" be more thorough? If it's the latter, maybe your scalp prefers the no-fuss way.

lapushka
July 2nd, 2014, 03:54 PM
Usually I do not shampoo my head well enough (just fast wash without a masage ). But today I decided to go through my head and massage at same time for a couple of minutes... After my hair dried I noticed something white near my roots. I thought first it was dandruff but actually it is dry skin! Now I wonder if that is good or bad thing that I have this dry skin coming out ? Woud this be because of me masage my scalp more than I usually would do ?

I think you might have massaged too roughly. Or else it is a sign of not washing nearly too often enough during the week (always happens with my seborrheic dermatitis, but then I have a scalp condition).

StellaKatherine
July 2nd, 2014, 05:45 PM
I just read that need to masage with fingers while shampoo, but I rarely did it.. Unfotunantly I am one of those who eather do everything 200% or I do nothing at all... Right now it seems I can't stop over doing lol Probably should be more gentle to my scalp :D

Beezle
July 3rd, 2014, 10:42 AM
Make sure at least one conditioner is a nice thick moisturizing formula. That's why I use the Hello Hydration from Herbal Essences. And do use the thicker formula as your last conditioner. For an experiment, I reversed the order, and ended up with a 10-strand knot, which hadn't happened to me -ever-. So yes, the quality of the conditioners does matter and the order as well, oddly enough.
Thanks for your advice, Lapushka. Guess who went out and bought Hello Hydration? I think I was in an S&C rut. Or maybe now I'm in an experimentation channel? I've been using Moogoo S&C (jojoba oil instead of silicones) quite happily for many years but maybe it's time for a change. And now I want to wash my hair again using the new conditioner as part of the WCC. Sigh - I should wait a couple of days yet.

lapushka
July 3rd, 2014, 10:47 AM
Thanks for your advice, Lapushka. Guess who went out and bought Hello Hydration? I think I was in an S&C rut. Or maybe now I'm in an experimentation channel? I've been using Moogoo S&C (jojoba oil instead of silicones) quite happily for many years but maybe it's time for a change. And now I want to wash my hair again using the new conditioner as part of the WCC. Sigh - I should wait a couple of days yet.

Yes, just take your time. Your hair's not going anywhere. It's best not to rush into things. ;) Although I get the urge to try it out, a lot! Back when I was experimenting, I could hardly wait.

Beezle
July 5th, 2014, 05:55 AM
I waited as long as I could to test scc for second time but this time with hello hydration. I tend to scalp wash on 3rd day and wash on 5th by which time it needs it. Strangely this time it honestly didn't look as though I needed a wash but couldn't resist the temptation to try again. My justification was that the procedure takes a longer time than my usual wash to do before work and tmrw is the beginning of the week, so...

I'm very pleased. I had fewer tangles and they were all manageable without enormous frustration. My hair feels lovely and I even wore it down for a while beyond dry just because I wanted to. It's up again now but the hairstick is staying in, so it's not impossibly slippery, but just somehow better.

The added bonus is that the extra time in the shower waiting for the 2x2 minutes to pass when I was getting a bit impatient "what to do? what to do?" I grabbed a long-ignored body brush and scrubbed the old wrinkled skin for a couple of minutes (or possibly it was 30 seconds!) so I'm feeling quite virtuous as well. But now I have recognised that I need to grease the skin as well! Endless upkeep. :rolleyes: I love this new game, thank you Lapushka.

lapushka
July 5th, 2014, 08:03 AM
Happy to be of help, you guys! Glad it worked for you, Beezle!

Silverbrumby
July 5th, 2014, 08:31 AM
Happy to be of help, you guys! Glad it worked for you, Beezle!

My hair is feeling so much softer and better still I'm working through my stack of conditioners. Also I still need leave in conditioner and serum. My weird wavy curly hair seems to need it. Thanks @lapushka.

lapushka
July 5th, 2014, 09:23 AM
My hair is feeling so much softer and better still I'm working through my stack of conditioners. Also I still need leave in conditioner and serum. My weird wavy curly hair seems to need it. Thanks @lapushka.

Yes, mine too. I use the LOC method afterwards (leave-in, oil/serum, styling cream/gel). It's amazing!

patienceneeded
July 5th, 2014, 03:30 PM
I'm going to try this on my next wash! I was going to see if the LOC method was worthwhile for my hair, this looks as if it will be complimentary with LOC. I've begun to see the dreaded "dry ends" at hip, healthy, just dry. No splits. This will hopefully add back moisture and prevent tangles.

lapushka
July 5th, 2014, 03:35 PM
I'm going to try this on my next wash! I was going to see if the LOC method was worthwhile for my hair, this looks as if it will be complimentary with LOC. I've begun to see the dreaded "dry ends" at hip, healthy, just dry. No splits. This will hopefully add back moisture and prevent tangles.

I hope it works for you. Keep us posted! :)

patienceneeded
July 6th, 2014, 10:36 AM
So, I tried this method last night!

1. I washed with my usual shampoo (HE Rose Hips, the 90's throw-back in the pink bottle. I've been using it for a year and love it).

2. I conditioned first with L'Oreal EverCurl conditioner. (No cones, no "icky" stuff. I had a bottle leftover from an experiment in products about a year ago) I let it soak while I shaved and stuff. Then I rinsed it really well.

3. Conditioned with HE Rose Hips conditioner (once again, the 90's throwback, pink bottle). This has cones and is my normal conditioner. I let it sit for a little (soaped my body, washed my face) and then rinsed.

Right out of the shower my hair was virtually tangle-free. Sliding my comb through was easy. I wrapped it up in a towel while I dried off and put on my pajamas. I took the towel off my hair (still very wet) and applied a dime-sized amount of Giovanni Direct Leave-In to the last few (3-4) inches. Then I applied about 3-4 drops of MO to the same hair. (Similar to the LOC method. I don't have a "creme" and am uncertain what creme to use anyway. Or, what qualifies as a creme)

I then went downstairs to watch TV with DH. My hair was not fully dry when I went to bed a few hours later, but felt lovely and so soft. When I went to bed, I loosely braided it for sleep (no hair tie) and put on my silk sleep cap.

This morning, my hair combed out easily and feels soft all the way to the tips. I really like what this did for my hair! I will be doing again. I wash every 3-4 days.

I plan on experimenting with the first conditioner. The only reason I used the L'Oreal Evercurl was because I happened to have a full bottle on-hand. I will keep my HE Rose Hips, as I love it.

lapushka
July 6th, 2014, 03:14 PM
Oooh, I'm so glad you liked it and it worked for you, patienceneeded! And you don't have to use a styling cream or gel if you don't want to.

StellaKatherine
July 9th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Oh lapushka my ends made me cry today.... I did normal wash again with shampoo + conditioning 2 min + conditioning 10+min. And look at those ends!!!! LOOK at them! I do not remember them feeling this soft, bouncy, healthy!!! Oh my GOD!!! I love my ends !!!!!! :D I am SO happy!!!! :happydance: Thank you for this fantastic way of washing the hair, my hair definitely LOVES it :flowers:

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss62/Arelyn_bucket/20140709_175828.jpg

lapushka
July 9th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Oh lapushka my ends made me cry today.... I did normal wash again with shampoo + conditioning 2 min + conditioning 10+min. And look at those ends!!!! LOOK at them! I do not remember them feeling this soft, bouncy, healthy!!! Oh my GOD!!! I love my ends !!!!!! :D I am SO happy!!!! :happydance: Thank you for this fantastic way of washing the hair, my hair definitely LOVES it :flowers:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t34.0-12/10536605_762142207169542_502245700_n.jpg?oh=b489c8 85cdaaab8c352bb940b3cdd98f&oe=53BF710C&__gda__=1405077075_d3021dce4399c6aceeeeb1324903dce a

I'm so glad I was helpful in a way, StellaKatherine! Your hair looks absolutely stunning and fabulous!!! Yay! :cheer:

StellaKatherine
July 9th, 2014, 11:20 AM
lapushka, you did you really did! I didn't think that it would really make much of a difference ( i had before CWC washing system ). I saw right away difference, it take longer time for ends to dry (usually the ends would be dry almost right away which i knew wasn't a good thing) and they curled like crazy while wet :D I am definitely converted :crush: I finally feel like I am going right dirrection :)

lapushka
July 9th, 2014, 03:47 PM
lapushka, you did you really did! I didn't think that it would really make much of a difference ( i had before CWC washing system ). I saw right away difference, it take longer time for ends to dry (usually the ends would be dry almost right away which i knew wasn't a good thing) and they curled like crazy while wet :D I am definitely converted :crush: I finally feel like I am going right dirrection :)

Just a heads up! You might need to clarify once in a while (just take it as it comes and see when you really need to). My hair gets washed weekly here, and it is clarified weekly, so I don't really know for sure how much you need to clarify. My hair just gets clarify-washed out of habit. :shrug:

StellaKatherine
July 9th, 2014, 05:17 PM
Yeah, a good reminder! I have tendensy to over do things :D

Beezle
July 10th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Just a heads up! You might need to clarify once in a while (just take it as it comes and see when you really need to). My hair gets washed weekly here, and it is clarified weekly, so I don't really know for sure how much you need to clarify. My hair just gets clarify-washed out of habit. :shrug:
Excuse me butting in on your conversation, but StellaKatherine mentioned that her ends dried almost immediately, and that was a bad thing, but with WCC her ends are slower drying. My hair dries extremely quickly, especially the ends, and then working its way upwards. But when it rains, my hair attracts and absorbs any passing raindrop while raindrops just skip away from other people's hair. Dichotomy! Is clarifying the answer? And as there are no shampoos here with the word 'clarifying' on the bottle, what are the other clues?

I would be overjoyed to have hair like StellaKatherine. It is gorgeous. But I believe I can only have the ends, without the length or thickness! Ah well...

lapushka
July 10th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Is clarifying the answer? And as there are no shampoos here with the word 'clarifying' on the bottle, what are the other clues?

You could try... Any old sulfate shampoo (without silicones) will clarify.

Beezle
July 11th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Thanks again Lapushka. I'm off to search for sulfate shampoos. I hope I have more luck than when searching for SLS-free toothpaste!

lapushka
July 11th, 2014, 03:08 PM
I hope I have more luck than when searching for SLS-free toothpaste!

Oooh I know how hard a search that can be!

Beezle
July 16th, 2014, 11:24 AM
I thought I was being smart and it backfired! Instead of my usual morning wash, I decided to wash my hair tonight to take a bit of extra time and for the second C, leave it on for longer out of the shower. That was fine until it came to bending over the tub to wash it out. Naturally that gave me upside-down hair which was just impossible to get to obey gravity again. So, back in the shower yet again and I now have smooth hair that points downwards, greatly assisted by the horn comb that I received in the mail today. It took 7 weeks to get here but it's really effective (even though I don't like the sound it produces but I'm sure that's just my weirdness and nothing to do with the comb or the poor buffalo who donated his horn!)

swords & roses
August 4th, 2014, 03:03 PM
WOW. I've tried WCC twice now. It makes my hair SO RIDICULOUSLY SOFT!!! Like, I can't even keep it up with a stick anymore, and it's day 3 (which used to be wash day, but I'm working on stretching that a bit). This is awesome!

lapushka
August 4th, 2014, 03:18 PM
WOW. I've tried WCC twice now. It makes my hair SO RIDICULOUSLY SOFT!!! Like, I can't even keep it up with a stick anymore, and it's day 3 (which used to be wash day, but I'm working on stretching that a bit). This is awesome!

Yes, one of the reasons I love this method is that it makes it so soft, and in my case tangle-free, even though (let's be honest) applying conditioner twice, dare I say it, is *tedious* as hell. :lol:

Glad it works for you!!! :)

bunzfan
August 4th, 2014, 04:32 PM
I've been doing this awhile now and major reduction in splits :D

StellaKatherine
August 4th, 2014, 04:37 PM
I actually enjoy spending time with conditioning my hair now :) Before I hated washing my hair and dreaded combing time after hair wash. Now I enjoy it! I truely do! And I can't wait to see how my ends getting more and more faity taily looking with every WCC wash :crush: Totally converted ;)

polishrose
August 7th, 2014, 02:26 AM
I tried this last night for the first time and think I did it wrong because my ends still feel crispy and the scalp feels oily even though I didn't put any on my scalp lol. It did have less tangles. And the middle part felt better. I think the ends are just too far gone. I used Jason aloe conditioner first and then one with argan oil in. Is that the right order ? I haven't been very good to my hair for years so I'm dealing with a lot of damage. Most if the length us bleached and only about an inch is virgin hair.

lapushka
August 7th, 2014, 06:31 AM
I tried this last night for the first time and think I did it wrong because my ends still feel crispy and the scalp feels oily even though I didn't put any on my scalp lol. It did have less tangles. And the middle part felt better. I think the ends are just too far gone. I used Jason aloe conditioner first and then one with argan oil in. Is that the right order ? I haven't been very good to my hair for years so I'm dealing with a lot of damage. Most if the length us bleached and only about an inch is virgin hair.

I typically use the heavier conditioner last, that's what works the best in my case - and I've not changed my routine up in years. If you have bleach damage, then a protein conditioner followed by a moisturizing one can do wonders.

polishrose
August 7th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Thanks I will try next time with a protein conditioner. :)

GetMeToWaist
August 7th, 2014, 08:47 AM
My ends feel so soft with this method, and the Lush Retread Conditioner is amazing for the second condition :blossom::blossom:

Dickiebow
August 10th, 2014, 01:18 PM
I've just started the LOC method - first time yesterday and so far, so good. I want to try that alone for a few more times so I can understand how much it benefits my hair. Then I will add in WCC. I'm excited to try it. Thanks for sharing.

lapushka
August 10th, 2014, 02:28 PM
I've just started the LOC method - first time yesterday and so far, so good. I want to try that alone for a few more times so I can understand how much it benefits my hair. Then I will add in WCC. I'm excited to try it. Thanks for sharing.

No worries. You're welcome. I hope you end up loving it, and if not, hey at least you tried something new. :D

jackie_rapunzel
August 10th, 2014, 06:59 PM
Although I'm a huge fan of the CWC method, I like the idea of this method. I'll have to try it out thisweek

lapushka
August 10th, 2014, 07:16 PM
Although I'm a huge fan of the CWC method, I like the idea of this method. I'll have to try it out thisweek

Let us know how it goes, good or bad! :)

Bambi
August 11th, 2014, 06:22 AM
I do this aswell, works great for my wurls.

Every night I also wet the lenght and massage conditioner in before I braid it for bed, keeps my ends moisturized, soft and I can go even longer between washes:).

sarahmargera
August 11th, 2014, 09:04 AM
I love this method! I do a normal amount of conditioner, wash it out, and then a TINY bit the second time and it makes SUCH the difference.

Federica
August 11th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Bambi it seems we have the same routine! It works very good to me too.
Thank you Lapushka for this thread!

lapushka
August 11th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Bambi it seems we have the same routine! It works very good to me too.
Thank you Lapushka for this thread!

Glad it works for you, sarahmargera! Good to know that even a tiny bit the second time is enough. Wouldn't be enough for me, I don't think, but if it works for you, then who am I to say anything about it? :D :flower:

You're welcome, Federica! It took some courage to post this, because I feared it would be ridiculed and blown away.

Federica
August 11th, 2014, 11:15 AM
You should never be afraid to share a method that you tried on yourself and worked, here, even if it sounds crazy :)
I switched to WCC as soon as I had read this thread, and feel dumb for not having thought it myself before. It's so easy and effective!

Bambi
August 11th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Yes, Lapushka, thank you so much for sharing! It makes my day to day relationship with my hair so much easier:).

battles
August 11th, 2014, 01:08 PM
I tried this my last wash and I'm still tweaking to see what order and what conditioners work best. :) My hair was much softer last time, and I'm hoping this will help with my waves. CO is too heavy and makes me shed, but I think this could be perfect with a sulfate free shampoo.

I'm waiting for my flax gel to get here and then I'll start playing with LOC as well.

lapushka
August 11th, 2014, 04:44 PM
I tried this my last wash and I'm still tweaking to see what order and what conditioners work best. :) My hair was much softer last time, and I'm hoping this will help with my waves. CO is too heavy and makes me shed, but I think this could be perfect with a sulfate free shampoo.

I'm waiting for my flax gel to get here and then I'll start playing with LOC as well.

I have seborrheic dermatitis, can't do CO at all (which is sad to me), so I need a harsh cleanser. Double conditioning is the answer for me and it really does need that amount of conditioning. I still call it a modified Curly Girl, since it's followed by LOC! This method really would be great for those of us who, for some reason, can't do CO.

tmolly
August 20th, 2014, 09:29 PM
Well, I've read through all 22 pages of this post and now I want to wash my hair every day to try all thee variations! Of course, I won't do that, though. ;) Reading all the comments about HE Hello Hydration makes me want to try it as my second C, but I'm wondering if it would build up since my regular shampoo is pretty gentle (Shea Moisture Smooth & Repair - the green label one). Does the shampoo have to have sulfates to rinse out a coney conditioner?
Also, I loooove the smell of my Shea Moisture Smooth & Repair conditioner (like a garden of gardenias), and would be bummed to cover that up with something else. :-/
In any case, thanks for sharing this method! Will definitely try it next time with the products I already have.

lapushka
August 21st, 2014, 08:17 AM
Does the shampoo have to have sulfates to rinse out a coney conditioner?
Also, I loooove the smell of my Shea Moisture Smooth & Repair conditioner (like a garden of gardenias), and would be bummed to cover that up with something else. :-/
In any case, thanks for sharing this method! Will definitely try it next time with the products I already have.

I think a shampoo with only cocamidopropyl betaine is OK to rinse out cones as well; it's milder.

Hope it goes well when you try it, and if not, hey, one experiment down, plenty more to go. ;)

patienceneeded
August 21st, 2014, 10:12 AM
I love this method! I've been using it for about a month now and it's fantastic!

I'm currently using:

Herbal Essences Naked Rosemary/Peppermint shampoo
Tresseme Naturals Moisture contitoner (no cones)
Herbal Essences Naked Rosemary/Peppermint conditioner (has bis-aminopropyl dimethicone)

My hair LOVES cones, and reacts best if I use them last.

lapushka
August 21st, 2014, 03:17 PM
Glad it works for you, patienceneeded!

Am I noticing a trend in the sense that the first CO is without cones and the second with? I've just noticed this, don't know why. I use all cones, all the time, except in my shampoo.

ChrissieM
August 21st, 2014, 03:27 PM
I've done this for two washes now and like the results. I used VOX kiwi lime shampoo, Suave Naturals for the first CO and Garnier Triple Nutrition for the second CO on the length only. I'll try it for a few more weeks to see how it goes.

patienceneeded
August 25th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Glad it works for you, patienceneeded!

Am I noticing a trend in the sense that the first CO is without cones and the second with? I've just noticed this, don't know why. I use all cones, all the time, except in my shampoo.

When I was looking at trying this method I noticed a lot of people using cone free first, then cones. So I did that too. Whatever works, right?

I have a coney serum I LOVE that I use after. Right now I'm WCC and LOC. For the LOC I use a very small amount of Giovanni's Direct Leave-In, and then my coney serum. No C. It's working really well!

lapushka
August 25th, 2014, 11:31 AM
When I was looking at trying this method I noticed a lot of people using cone free first, then cones. So I did that too. Whatever works, right?

I have a coney serum I LOVE that I use after. Right now I'm WCC and LOC. For the LOC I use a very small amount of Giovanni's Direct Leave-In, and then my coney serum. No C. It's working really well!

Yes, sure, whatever works! :D I'm glad you like it!

Sparklylady82
August 25th, 2014, 02:04 PM
Do you use a full strength shampoo for the W lapushka? I think my scalp needs it because I am getting pimples on the scalp. Not fun.

lapushka
August 25th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Do you use a full strength shampoo for the W lapushka? I think my scalp needs it because I am getting pimples on the scalp. Not fun.

Yep, full strength, and we typically let it re-sudse. So it's globbed on first, massaged in with a tiny bit of water (sudses fine). Then it gets rinsed out a tiny bit, and the shampoo is then resudsed. So actually my hair gets washed twice with one go.

thankyousir74
August 29th, 2014, 12:48 PM
So I do this about once a week, as my deep treatment, but it sounds like my hair could benefit from doing it more often. I always loved how my hair would react to this WCC, but I assumed it's a luxury that is what it is, a "deep treatment" that is a treat and once a week.

I use a tea tree oil SLS shampoo, cone-free all natural ingredients in Shea Moisture Deep treatment Masque (love this! and I read early in the thread that a user dilutes it somehow?), and then I condition with a generic version of a lavender mint Paul Mitchell condi (medium coney? doesn't have all that many).

Again I used to do this once a week because the deep treatment condi said to, but I loved the way my hair would look on those days I would go from maybe a 2b/2c to definitely stronger on the 2c. Maybe I should just use it more often anyway? I wash my hair like twice a week at this point so no reason not to just amp up the moisture if you guys are getting good results.

captaincrunch
August 29th, 2014, 01:10 PM
I'm curious what is the advantage over 2x conditioner vs typical leave in conditioner after shampoo & conditioner in a typical wash?

lapushka
August 29th, 2014, 01:33 PM
I'm curious what is the advantage over 2x conditioner vs typical leave in conditioner after shampoo & conditioner in a typical wash?

It makes it softer, smoother. More like you did a deep conditioning treatment rather than just used conditioner. I have pretty long hair, and can't stand tangles. This does away with every single tangle! Besides, I use a pretty harsh shampoo, so my hair can definitely use that amount of conditioner. On top of that I use the LOC method, so a leave-in gets added to that (yes a leave-in on top of all of that). The longer the hair is, I find, the more it benefits from more moisture. At least, it works for me.

thankyousir74, I'd try it twice a week. Why not? If you don't like it, you can always go back to once a week. I would clarify the second wash, or every fourth wash. Just to be sure.

thankyousir74
August 30th, 2014, 08:42 AM
Lapushka, we might have similar hair types, what kind of clarifying shampoo would you recommend?

lapushka
August 30th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Lapushka, we might have similar hair types, what kind of clarifying shampoo would you recommend?

I have Pantene Aqua Light or the Pantene volumizing shampoo, or the Pantene clarifying shampoo (yes there is one) for that purpose. They are all lightweight sulfate shampoos (kinda harsh ones), but don't have silicones.

lapushka
September 28th, 2014, 04:16 PM
I had an old bottle of conditioner that needed to be done with, so my mom did CWCC on me, which worked out perfectly. It's a good method to use when the conditioners I have are just too "light" and won't get out the tangles. If my conditioners are thick and silicone-laden, then yes WCC is enough.

lapushka
October 4th, 2014, 01:42 PM
This is the second time, tomorrow, that I'm trying CWCC. Initially just to get rid of a bottle of conditioner (a bit left-over), but now because it's awesome! If there are a few conditioners that are just too light, this is the way to use them up (C before wash).

brickworld13
October 4th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Lately I've had to do CWCWC because of angry scalp needing a harsh shampoo that my length hates. It's working pretty well. Uses a ton of product tho.

lapushka
October 4th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Lately I've had to do CWCWC because of angry scalp needing a harsh shampoo that my length hates. It's working pretty well. Uses a ton of product tho.

Oh yeah, I know about the "ton of product". :lol:

brickworld13
October 4th, 2014, 02:09 PM
I had to add the extra wash because I was still having itchy scalp. Not happy about it. It's getting expensive. My hair is happy tho.

lapushka
October 4th, 2014, 02:37 PM
I had to add the extra wash because I was still having itchy scalp. Not happy about it. It's getting expensive. My hair is happy tho.

Thank goodness, my products are cheap (at around € 1.50 a bottle), so no problems there.

If your scalp is happy all the more reason to celebrate. That's a good thing! :)

Quasiquixotic
October 4th, 2014, 02:41 PM
I've been doing WCC for a little over a month now and I LOVE it! That is all, just adding a voice to this choir :silly:

Wosie
October 4th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Something I've been wondering about (I hope I haven't already asked this before): When you WCC:ers use shampoo, do you cover your entire hair in it or just an inch or two closest to your scalp?
And do you put the first layer of conditioner on the lower part of the hair before you do the first rinse, or do you let the shampoo run down your length without anything protecting it? :hmm:

As my hair's pretty dry, I'd be worried about letting the shampoo run down my length without anything covering/protecting it first. :S

lapushka
October 4th, 2014, 03:08 PM
Something I've been wondering about (I hope I haven't already asked this before): When you WCC:ers use shampoo, do you cover your entire hair in it or just an inch or two closest to your scalp?
And do you put the first layer of conditioner on the lower part of the hair before you do the first rinse, or do you let the shampoo run down your length without anything protecting it? :hmm:

As my hair's pretty dry, I'd be worried about letting the shampoo run down my length without anything covering/protecting it first. :S

No, my hair is sudsed up just about an inch from my scalp, then the suds just travel down and get smushed and wrung into the lengths a bit. First layer of conditioner goes on from ears down, after hair is clear of shampoo.

Sparklylady82
October 7th, 2014, 04:19 PM

I also do an oil pre-treat before washing to protect dry ends. Then I've been diluting my shampoo in one of the hair coloring clear bottles (it has the pointy lid). I put it only on my scalp and then do it again and let the tiny amount of suds run down the length. Then I condish twice after.

patienceneeded
October 9th, 2014, 03:53 PM
Same as Lapushka.

I wash the scalp with shampoo and then let it rinse down the lengths when I rinse the shampoo out. I use my second conditioner from the ears down, and let it sit while I shave my legs, etc. I rinse again and apply the second conditioner (with cones) from the ears down. I wash my body, then rinse everything. I wash my face, then rinse one more time.

I do occasionally do a pre-wash oiling with coconut oil overnight. When I remember or my hair seems very dry. Which, to be honest, isn't often since I began this washing method.

thankyousir74
October 20th, 2014, 07:54 PM
So I've been doing WCC. I don't know much about the chemistry, but it worked pretty well for about two and a half weeks. After that I tried a bunch of things, thinking that it was some of my post wash treatment failing me, but then I remembered that I have never clarified before.

Well, I clarified today and gosh, my hair looks great. Additionally, I am getting my first ever silk pillowcase in the mail tomorrow, so I am very excited :)

Santi
October 20th, 2014, 11:06 PM
Hey Lapushka, I want to thank you for sharing your CWCC & WCC method. I've been at it for a few weeks & love the results. I usually oil my hair & finger detangle before I wash. I intentionally skipped those steps this week using your method & was amazed at how easily my hair detangled w/ little effort. :toast:

lapushka
October 21st, 2014, 04:02 PM
So I've been doing WCC. I don't know much about the chemistry, but it worked pretty well for about two and a half weeks. After that I tried a bunch of things, thinking that it was some of my post wash treatment failing me, but then I remembered that I have never clarified before.

Well, I clarified today and gosh, my hair looks great. Additionally, I am getting my first ever silk pillowcase in the mail tomorrow, so I am very excited :)

I was reading your first paragraph and immediately thought you should clarify... then read you'd done so and all was well again. :D Clarifying was exactly what happened here last Sunday. I needed it badly. Two CWCCs in a row without the usual clarifying wash was a little too much.

Hey Lapushka, I want to thank you for sharing your CWCC & WCC method. I've been at it for a few weeks & love the results. I usually oil my hair & finger detangle before I wash. I intentionally skipped those steps this week using your method & was amazed at how easily my hair detangled w/ little effort. :toast:

No worries. Glad to help. :D :hifive:

veryhairyfairy
October 22nd, 2014, 08:34 AM
Thought I'd post a little update since I've been doing this for a couple months again;
I WAS just putting a very watered down second conditioning over the top of the first one (without rinsing), but I wasn't noticing the same softness and detangling ability.

Now I'm back to using my home-made conditioner (from a concentrate I bought online) and I'm loving WCC! I made too much conditioner in this last batch so I need to use it up before it goes bad, and my oh my!
My hair is soft, silky, and super easy to detangle after a shower! (part of this is using my nice conditioner instead of Suave)

I can't wait til I get my method/products for LOC down and have the most perfect hair I can achieve right now!

veryhairyfairy
October 22nd, 2014, 08:35 AM
Ps, clarifying is definitely more important for me when using this method. I think I get more buildup that I would otherwise have, but it's SO worth it for the benefits!

lapushka
October 22nd, 2014, 08:44 AM
Yes, clarifying is key for this method, I find.