PDA

View Full Version : New - from Sweden

Emme76
March 19th, 2008, 09:42 AM
:) Hello all!

I am new here - and since I donīt live in a english speaking country I am a bit off on some of the words and hope that you all can help me!!!!! :) I did live in NYC for a few years but you forget fast when you donīt use it everyday..

To start with...what is cones..or coned? Is that if you condition or not?? Is there other "slang" I should know about. I have been reading on some of the posts and noticed there is a lot of hair slang..heheh...

Alsoī- I have hair just down below my jaw and I ALWAYS wanted long hair (had it when I was younger) but I always end up cutting it since I think it looks "damaged" and thin. I am thinking I might get inspired and keep to my task with some help from you. My hair is very scandinavian looking hair...light brown and the hairs are thin. I use things to get my hair thicker and healthy...like Tippek schampoo...and olive oil, egg, Redken all soft heavy cream, vitamines for hair that I read is good. All this helps a little...but I need more GOOD advice. How should I keep myself from cutting it and getting "sad" again...after falling for the hairsalons charming staff....:rolleyes:..that just want to cut cut cut...

What do you recommend? Have anyone tried sesame seeds? If you have..how should it be eaten?? I tried them just as they are and they do not taste very nice...and they come out the other way just the same..hhahehehhehe....sorry for "to much info"!!!!

Thank you for your time...
I am looking forward to hear from you.
Happy easter...
Emme76

spidermom
March 19th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Hello and welcome. Cones refers to ingredients that end in "cone" on the label. They are silicones and give the hair a smooth coating that holds in moisture, but it also gives some people more brittle, breakable hair. I don't have these problems. Many of us don't.

I like to use sesame oil in cooking and salad dressings. You can also buy sesame paste, called tahini, which is very good in recipes. I like it mixed with honey and spread on toast or rolls, too.

Visit the thread called "Tricksy scissors" for some motivation against cutting.

Isilme
March 19th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Hi and welcome from a fellow swede! Just read around the boards a bit and you'll get lots of good advice:) Also, I would recommend you to read everything in the articles section about haircare.

Teacherbear
March 19th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Welcome to LHC, Emme76. This article (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=10) might help you understand or abbreviations and terms.

winter
March 20th, 2008, 01:33 AM
Hi and welcome! We are a few Swedes on the boards nowadays, feel free to join the Sweden group :)

Emme76
March 20th, 2008, 05:24 AM
I read somewhere that there is a german LHC? Is there a Swedish also???? Sorry if I am a bit lost!!!!!:rolleyes:
/Em

HappyKarin
March 21st, 2008, 09:54 AM
Hi and welcome, I'm Swedish to!
No not a Swedish LHC but you can find a thread that we talk about Swedish hair stuff...I think at least it was on the old LHC :) Sorry if I sounds a bit confused...I'm :D

Liv
March 23rd, 2008, 10:01 AM
Hi, and welcome to the boards. :-)