PDA

View Full Version : Welcome back to me!

Linguist
January 20th, 2014, 02:12 PM
I've changed a lot, my hair's changed a lot, but from the lurking I've done these past few days, LHC hasn't changed a bit--you all are still the same warm, loving, positive community I remember so fondly!

Part of why I went away was that I felt my long hair was interfering with people perceiving me as a man as I transitioned (FTM, more or less). Hopefully someday people of all genders will feel free to wear whatever hairstyle suits without others putting judgments on that. I cut the BSL hair I'd been working on for years, trying to get back to hip and beyond, to a "typical boy's cut", then, since it didn't matter anymore, to a buzz cut for the texture, and then to a shaved head because I'd always been afraid of/fascinated by that idea.

Ultimately, though, even though short hair looks nicer on me, I like having long hair, and frankly, now that I've tattooed my face, what I do with my hair is kind of irrelevant. It's really freeing that way, actually. So for the last few years I've been growing out again, remembering all I learned at LHC. :-)

It's actually much easier to grow out as a guy than as a gal, imho, because all through the awkward gets-in-the-face phase, I just stuffed it under a ballcap and called it good. Not that women can't wear ballcaps, but it's not seen as "normal" for everyday wear in the same way, I think. But it was nice to grow out that way--no more silly mini-clips for the sides...mini-clips can be cute, but man, it used to take like a dozen tries to get them in so they weren't pulling uncomfortably, as I recall.

So now I'm back. How much I post remains to be seen.

breezefaerie
January 20th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Welcome back :)

woodswanderer
January 20th, 2014, 02:47 PM
Best of luck growing your hair out again. :)

Thinthondiel
January 20th, 2014, 03:20 PM
Congrats on transitioning, and welcome back :)

georgia_peach
January 20th, 2014, 03:40 PM
Welcome back! I also find TLHC to be ever welcoming and supportive no matter how long one has been away.

Micayla47
January 20th, 2014, 05:07 PM
welcome back linguist! when can we expect hair pictures? :)