PDA

View Full Version : Best Deep Treatment for Fine Hair

Michiru
January 19th, 2014, 09:51 PM
So my ends tend to dry out real fast. When I condition them they are fine for the day after and part of the next and but then they become crunchy and my scalp becomes oily. When I went to George Michaels my hair stayed clean for nearly a week and the ends didn't dry out as fast (but they didn't feel as soft as when I use my conditioner.) I have tried baking soda and vinegar on my scalp but I have accepted that I will have to get my hair professionally cleaned every so often. I haven't had success with oils. Does anybody but anything on the hair when it is still dry? I just have so many split ends when it get crunchy it feels like damaged hair that has to go.

arr
January 20th, 2014, 08:28 AM
I mix a little of my regular conditioner in a spray bottle with water and spray on my ends. Then i rub a tiny bit of oil on the ends to seal in the moisture and then bun my hair. This seems to help with ends that feel dry a few days after washing.

breezefaerie
January 20th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Crunchy ends often mean that you need to clarify. Have you done that recently?

jacqueline101
January 20th, 2014, 11:02 AM
If you're needing to clarify I'd recommend vo5 vanilla tea mint set it's great and smells good too. Then I'd use the deep conditioner Aussie 3 minute miracle it's a good deep conditioner. When I use it the results last a month. I like to clarify before I do conditioning treatments and build up as others have stated cause crunchy ends.

ErinLeigh
January 20th, 2014, 02:21 PM
I like to clarify before deep treatments as well. My hair seems to absorb the conditioners better and the result are wonderful.
Matter of fact I am doing that tomorrow. Once a month works for me as a schedule.

Are you asking if there is anything you can apply to hair while dry (as in not wet) or just what to apply for dry ends in general?
If my hair is not wet but feels dry I usually lightly mist with water, add a spritz of leave in spray conditioner and then lightly seal with oil. For over all in general dryness? same thing, condition, seal. That is what works for me but I do not have long hair.

For me, if I apply oil over dry hair it does nothing to condition it.
Hair would stay dry under the oil is how I think of it. I use them to seal in moisture, not to get moisture. There are penetrating oils that are very helpful, but truly dry ends need conditioning in my personal experience.

I would try a nice deep conditioner and then seal hair and see if that helps at all. Not sure from post if you are looking for product or technique suggestions so hope I am not blathering.

What products did the GM Salon use on you hair?

sipnsun
July 25th, 2020, 07:04 PM
I rub a little conditioner into my dry ends and it has been keeping it hydrated without looking oily. Mine gets drier the longer I go between shampooing and I've experimented with a lot of products to moisturize. Right now my favorite product for this is Carina Organics Sweet Pea Deep Conditioner but I also like Biologe Conditioning Balm.

AutobotsAttack
July 25th, 2020, 07:37 PM
Fine hair tends to need frequent moisture. Wether you do that by co-washing or deep treatments, or daily spritzing/moisturizing is up to you. Fine strands in general get coated a lot quicker in oils, but also dry out quicker due to how easily water can evaporate.

Vinegar and baking soda aren’t the best cleansers. Vinegar simply lowers the pH, without forming typical micelles that are associated with anything that has the capacity to either foam, form suds, or has properties concerning hydrophilic/hydrophobic properties with water. Vinegar does not posses that characteristic, and for most, doesn’t prove beneficial when using it as a cleanser. Baking soda is actually higher on the pH scale than what our hair and scalp tend to like. With a pH of 9-10 depending on the brand it’s more on the alkaline side and can eventually dry both the hair and scalp out.

Some people have decent success with either products, but they’re still not the best options out there.

It’s best that you actually apply something thin enough or watery enough, otherwise it can feel like the product is just sitting atop dry hair, and then Seal with a small amount of oil of your choice, or a lighter oil.

If your scalp doesn’t like oiling, then let it be. Not everyone has a scalp that tolerates it. Nothing wrong with that though.

Shorty89
July 25th, 2020, 08:58 PM
Have you tried the SMT? I find that it works on my fine hair. I'd use less honey and more conditioner but otherwise, I think it's worth a shot but it is a wash-out treatment. Maybe try something in a mister bottle? Kimberlily's Defrizz spray? I'd also recommend dliuting this. I find it too heavy with her ratios.