PDA

View Full Version : Is the tangle teezer giving me DANDRUFF! And question about blow drying?

lole18
January 19th, 2014, 09:29 AM
Recently I've been getting dandruff and I have no idea what's causing it! My scalp isn't dry and i'm cleansing it well nor am I putting products on it! I've noticed everytime I use the tangle teezer or scratch my scalp (not roughly!!! very gently!) my scalp and hair fill up with dandruff the next day! And my tangle teezer has no dandruff I always clean it.. So is it normal that whenever I scratch my scalp or brush it I get lots of dandruff? And when I don't I only have a little.. Anyhow what can I do to get rid of this? It really shows since I have thin\fine hair and I'm hating how it feels! Should using ACV rinse for a couple of times get rid of it? :)

My second question is blow drying your hair on a cool setting still harmful and damaging? Thanks :o

Firefox7275
January 19th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Doesn't sound like your TT is causing the flaking but worsening it: yes that us possible it could be loosening the skin, damaging the surface so irritants gain access, worsening underlying inflammation (most common scalp issues are inflammatory).

See your family doctor or a dermatologist for a diagnosis, dandruff is a layman's umbrella term for a number of conditions with very different treatments. What is effective for one can worsen another.

lapushka
January 19th, 2014, 09:36 AM
See your family doctor or a dermatologist for a diagnosis, dandruff is an umbrella term for a number of conditions with very different treatments.

Definitely do this. We can't guess as to the cause.

walterSCAN
January 19th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Recently I've been getting dandruff and I have no idea what's causing it! My scalp isn't dry and i'm cleansing it well nor am I putting products on it! I've noticed everytime I use the tangle teezer or scratch my scalp (not roughly!!! very gently!) my scalp and hair fill up with dandruff the next day! And my tangle teezer has no dandruff I always clean it.. So is it normal that whenever I scratch my scalp or brush it I get lots of dandruff? And when I don't I only have a little.. Anyhow what can I do to get rid of this? It really shows since I have thin\fine hair and I'm hating how it feels! Should using ACV rinse for a couple of times get rid of it? :)

My second question is blow drying your hair on a cool setting still harmful and damaging? Thanks :o

You've already gotten good advice regarding the dandruff issue-- I agree, get your scalp checked by a doctor so you can find out what is actually wrong and treat that, instead of guessing-- so I'll just address the blowdrying question. As long as the cool setting is truly cool, you should be safe using it. I've seen a few posts around here suggesting that cool/ cold setting blowdrying can actually be beneficial, though I don't remember why and personally can't be bothered with the hassle of a blowdryer. ;)