PDA

View Full Version : Favorite around the house hairstyle

ravenheather
January 19th, 2014, 07:49 AM
I am a stay at home mom. So what is your favorite stay at home hairstyle? What are you using to secure it? As always bonus points for pictures.

Rio040113
January 19th, 2014, 09:06 AM
For cleaning/doing chores etc, any bun done high on my head, secured with an Invisibobble. For sitting around on the laptop (like now :lol:), usually a LWB secured with some kind of stick or fork. My go-to toy used to be an acrylic Ketylo but lately I'm favoring my Lady Iduns!

Wildcat Diva
January 19th, 2014, 09:10 AM
You and these pictures! Not being able to produce one bugs me and makes me want to get out my camera app ('cept my Iphone is full ATM!). I'm going to just pull something out of my old imageshack album just to get the bonus points.

Madora
January 19th, 2014, 09:25 AM
I love a loose braided bun on top of my head, held with 9 3 inch crimped hairpins:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w225/07Erzbet/531braidedbedhair.jpg (http://s177.photobucket.com/user/07Erzbet/media/531braidedbedhair.jpg.html)

ravenheather
January 19th, 2014, 10:34 AM
Wow Madora that is one heck of an impressive bun.

walterSCAN
January 19th, 2014, 01:03 PM
Lazy wrap is my go-to, and has been for years, though recently I'm really liking Shells' Everyday knot bun. I generally use whichever hair stick is handy, or a crochet hook to hold them up. I don't have recent photos, but when I get some, I'lll drop 'em off here. ;)

Misschilly
January 19th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Often just "the bun of the day". I like a nautilus bun secured with a stick or flexi-8, low, mid or high.

spidermom
January 19th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Usually an equilibrium bun or some reasonable facsimile of it. I've got layers now, and this bun traps more layers than any other I've tried.

Agnes Hannah
January 19th, 2014, 02:42 PM
Mine is usually in a claw clip, but I have started practicing LWB's and getting better at them. Pencil twirly bun things too work well now

jacqueline101
January 19th, 2014, 03:06 PM
I'm a braided pony tail. I know real glamorous to wear.

spirals
January 19th, 2014, 03:18 PM
It's in a braid all night or bun at work, so at home I like to leave it down. It stays behind my shoulders, so cooking doesn't pose a problem. But I'm just at waist.

Aingeal
January 19th, 2014, 03:19 PM
Whatever gets my hair out of my way, lol. Lazy wraps are a good go to for me and cinnabuns

Kaelee
January 19th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Either a disc bun or lately it's been a center held cinnabun type thing that I've only started getting brave enough to wear out of the house. :lol:

Stiria
January 19th, 2014, 03:35 PM
I have been lurking here for a while, and have learned so many different buns. Most of the time I just do the first bun I learned though, the lazy wrap.

melusine963
January 19th, 2014, 04:19 PM
I like a nautilus bun, held with a ketylo. It's the quickest and most secure style in my repertoire. If I'm feeling more energetic I might make a braided nautilus instead, so that all I have to do at the end of the day is remove the hair stick and I'm ready for bed. :)

Madora
January 19th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Thanks, ravenheather. But it just looks big because it was very loosely braided.

Sharysa
January 19th, 2014, 07:53 PM
I either do some variant of a braid (or pigtails), or I do a ponytail at the nape so my hair and scalp can take a break.

Marika
January 19th, 2014, 07:56 PM
Mine are lazy wrap bun, nautilus or disc bun. Usually secured with a Quattro fork because it's lightweight. I wear my pretties outside the house! :)

restless
January 20th, 2014, 01:19 AM
I always wear my hair loose when Im out and about (school, shopping, party, etc) but as soon as I get home I throw it up in a high nautilus bun held with a stick or fork.

ZombieTeddybear
January 20th, 2014, 02:13 AM
It's almost always in what I believe is called a folded bun. Quick, easy, and keeps it out of my face.

Rosetta
January 20th, 2014, 04:41 AM
^ What's the folded bun like? I wonder if it's similar to my go-to style, as I don't know a name for it; it's also close to lazy wrap, I think... Secured with a ficcare-type beak clip. I'm a stay at home mum too, and nearly always keep my hair up at home (outside home it's usually "down time" :)).

Selkie-
January 20th, 2014, 04:53 AM
Any kind of bun :D -- usually secured with crimped hair pins.

wandlimb
January 20th, 2014, 05:20 AM
I usually just have a ponytail or keep it loose in the house.

Chamomile betty
January 20th, 2014, 06:29 AM
A twist held with a large claw clip. I wear my Ficcare to work and I like to change my style when I am at home (to relieve tension). Also, a messy high pony bun held by a soft srunchi.

Saldana
January 20th, 2014, 07:16 AM
Usually some sort of lazy bun, secured with whatever I happen to have handy - claw clip, hair stick, pencil....

When my hair is longer (about when it reaches waist), often I will wear it in a single braid (usually French) around the house, because my hair at that length lives in a bun every work day, and it's nice to have a change.

ravenheather
January 20th, 2014, 07:50 AM
Sounds like Lwb is the most common around here.

kendraf
January 20th, 2014, 08:00 AM
I'm only at BSL and am still learning buns, but I mainly rock a side braid or wrap a braid into a bun and secure it with whatever I have handy. Just ordered a hair fork and some sticks, can't wait to experiment with some of the bun ideas around here :)

Kaelee
January 20th, 2014, 08:18 AM
Here we go...my lazy cinnatwist thing.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/Danmara/001_zps92ff68c9.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/Danmara/media/001_zps92ff68c9.jpg.html)

Scarlet_Heart
January 20th, 2014, 09:00 AM
That looks great, Kaelee! I like how your stick matches your shirt.

I see a lot of people saying that the nautilus is the most secure for them. I must be doing it wrong because I cannot get a nautilus to stay firm no matter what I do, it seems. I falls out after a few minutes. Maybe my hair isn't long enough. But now that I think about it, even when it was longer, I couldn't get it to stay.

woodswanderer
January 20th, 2014, 09:10 AM
Lazy wrap bun or loose

heidi w.
January 20th, 2014, 10:04 AM
I wear my hair in a ponytail that is tucked into a sort of updo. My hair is not too long right now. Still growing it all over again. It'll take about 20 years, unless God intervenes which I don't think will happen.

I wear it with a ponytail holder. I wrap it twice to secure the ponytail then hitch up the length into a loop and take a third loop to loop the hair. It works, but it's not real glamorous.

heidi w.

ZombieTeddybear
March 6th, 2014, 01:17 PM
It's where you put it in a ponytail, but you don't pull all the way through the last time. I may have the wrong name for it.

Ambystoma
March 6th, 2014, 03:58 PM
Nautilus bun! :cheese: I vary the placement and just use a single stick to hold it - it's so comfy and pretty and easy.

Weewah
March 6th, 2014, 04:05 PM
I think it's called a cinnamon bun? Where you twist it around, and secure it with spin pins. It gets loose and I have to redo it every once in a while but I don't know any other styles.

Macaroni
March 6th, 2014, 09:54 PM
My at home style is a low pony secured by a France Luxe "Yvette" ponytail holder, large classic.

Spindle
March 6th, 2014, 10:12 PM
I found this figure 8 style secured by claw clips on LadyLongLocks' YouTube...
Now it's my best updo for housework ever! Holds heavy hair so securely, wish I'd discovered this years ago!

This picture is after today's work, still going strong:

http://i57.tinypic.com/118j9n6.jpg

rowan fire
March 6th, 2014, 11:21 PM
I wear mine down a lot, which I know I really shouldn't do, but it's just the easiest thing and I get headaches most of the time I wear it up. However, when I do wear it up around the house, I gather my hair in a pony tail, double it, twist it up and clip it with a small claw. Depending how tight, it can look like a faux French twist. At home, I keep it pretty lose though. I just kind of flops and splays at the top loop.

ExpectoPatronum
March 7th, 2014, 01:57 AM
I usually have my hair in either a standard english braid or a dutch braid :) This goes for around the house and out and about.

Effy
March 7th, 2014, 04:05 AM
I wear it down or in a messy cinnamon bun :)

Nebulae
March 7th, 2014, 04:06 AM
Either I leave it in my sleep braid, or I put it up in a lazy wrap bun with an acrylic stick, or a cinnamon bun with spin pins. As quick and easy as possible :p

Kimberly
March 7th, 2014, 12:33 PM
I'm going through a Nautilus phase.

panffle
March 7th, 2014, 12:38 PM
I like either a bun secured by a claw clip or two braids, one on each side. :)

arr
March 7th, 2014, 01:02 PM
My favorite around the house hairstyle isn't really a style, i just wear it down. If I'm cooking or cleaning ill do a lazy wrap or pencil bun. Im opposite most people - i wear it down at home but almost always wear it up when i go out.

Larki
March 7th, 2014, 01:28 PM
I just wear it down. My hair isn't long enough to be a problem as far as doors and things like that go, but when I cook, bake, clean, etc, I usually put it in a braid, pigtails or a ponytail.

meteor
March 7th, 2014, 03:07 PM
I love a loose braided bun on top of my head, held with 9 3 inch crimped hairpins:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w225/07Erzbet/531braidedbedhair.jpg (http://s177.photobucket.com/user/07Erzbet/media/531braidedbedhair.jpg.html)

That's a gorgeous braid, Madora!
I always do the same bun, as I believe it's one of the most protective styles all around. But I keep my bun much lower. Just curious: how do you keep it from hurting your scalp and roots when you place the bun so high?