PDA

View Full Version : Well, I've given up and cut it

diddiedaisy
January 19th, 2014, 07:36 AM
I've been using fast shampoo since Xmas eve and it's totally wrecked my hair. I have now stopped using it I might add, if it was going to speed up my hair growth it would have done so by now.

My hair grows painfully slow, 1.5 cm since mid November, so I was reluctant to chop anything off. But the ends especially at the back were so bad I couldn't wear my hair down.

My hair was only 18.5 inches but I have taken off 1.5 inch so I am now at 17 inch. My hair looks so much better for cutting, and as I haven't touched my layers they are almost the same length now. As my hair is fine I think it will look better one length as the last couple of inches pre cut looked see through at the back. I have a blunt hemline at the moment but when it gets to about apl I think I'll go for a u or a v hemline. I'm hoping that will solve problems of thin ends and give the illusion that it's thicker.

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag361/sblackburn4/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps99d3f84b.jpg (http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/sblackburn4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps99d3f84b.jpg.html)

URL=http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/sblackburn4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpse25f98a6.jpg.html]http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag361/sblackburn4/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpse25f98a6.jpg[/URL]

It it feels like I'll never get to apl. Oh for an inch a month!!!

I have tried to add before and after photos, but I don't know how to do it and don't know if this will work. Any advice for posting photos will be welcome.

ravenheather
January 19th, 2014, 07:40 AM
You will get there. Be patient. And now you have the hemline you prefer.

lapushka
January 19th, 2014, 07:42 AM
You will get there. Be patient. And now you have the hemline you prefer.

This. ^^ My mom has i/ii as well, and blunt ends. It's nice to grow out that way!

stachelbeere
January 19th, 2014, 07:46 AM
my hair grows painfully slowly too. I got to APL (even though it took a year from CBL to APL) and so will you :)

Lostsoule77
January 19th, 2014, 08:22 AM
It looks good and you'll get there. The hardest thing about growing long hair is the patience that's required. :)

Pamala513
January 19th, 2014, 08:35 AM
I apologize if this is a stupid question, but what is 'fast shampoo'?

lapushka
January 19th, 2014, 09:06 AM
I apologize if this is a stupid question, but what is 'fast shampoo'?

Google the brand "fast" & "fast shampoo" sometime. It's a shampoo that is painfully drying and doesn't do a damn thing!

diddiedaisy
January 19th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Fast shampoo is supposed to double your growth rate. When I read the reviews nearly all users had increased growth. A few said it wrecked their hair. So I went with the majority and spent 25 on shampoo and conditioner set.

All it's done for me is make me poorer, severely dried out my hair beyond repair, and cost me about 3/4 months of growth.

Where's the magic potion to make my grow lol

Sharysa
January 19th, 2014, 07:47 PM
Your hair is GORGEOUS. Have you tried either drinking nettle tea a few times a week, or using it as a hair rinse after shampoo? Nettle is a HUGE traditional remedy for faster hair growth because it has so many vitamins. The rinse might darken your hair after a couple of months, so depending on your color preference, you might want to go with another herb rinse like marigold or calendula.

But on a related note, have you tried exercising and keeping a healthy diet? I'm pretty sure you don't have any health issues, or you would have said why or how long your hair-growth has been so slow. Some people are just slow-growers, but others don't realize that they aren't getting enough nutrients for their HAIR, even if they themselves are healthy. Hair is pretty low on your body's to-do list, and that's why some otherwise healthy people have such a slow growth rate.

heidi w.
January 19th, 2014, 07:57 PM
You've got a good starter kit. Get a good shampoo and conditioner, and think about detangling spray of some kind, too. Do not condition the scalp hair nor detangle spray the scalp hair/skin.
This can cause problems under the MAYBE umbrella to the scalp skin. This is why I say don't apply it.
heidi w.

NaClH2O
January 19th, 2014, 08:01 PM
I just want to pop in here to give you some encouragement! I am a painfully slow grower as well. Like maybe 0.5 inches per month if I'm lucky. But in 3 years, I have gone from shoulder length to *almost* waist length, with an average of 2 haircuts per year in there where I asked them only to take 0.5 inches off and even things out. You can make it!!! Have patience. :thumbsup:

Micayla47
January 19th, 2014, 08:35 PM
your hair doesn't look wrecked at all. it looks soft and beautiful. i have slow-growing fine hair too, so i know how frustrating it can be. :)

Silverbrumby
January 19th, 2014, 08:44 PM
I found organic whey protein powder helped my growth rate when used every day for a month. It's expensive so I stopped after a while, also forgot to take it.

Federica
January 20th, 2014, 04:47 AM
Hey, I want to encourage you.
Your hair seems to be in a very better shape after the trim so you've done the right thing, and now it will grow faster and better.
I found that biotin, taken for at least 2-3 months, increased a lot my hair growth during this fall, so maybe you could try it too.
Wear it up and wait. The more you care, the less it grows.

Stiria
January 20th, 2014, 05:22 AM
I am sorry you had to cut your hair, I know how frustrating it can be. Your hair looks very beautiful, and it may be easier to grow when your end are nice and even. Hugs to you:)

diddiedaisy
January 20th, 2014, 06:40 AM
Thanks for your kind comments. I think the camera has done me justice for once lol

Re biotin I have started taking it 5mg, as well as msm, folic acid and a women's multi vitimin. I started all these at the beginning of the month. I have also started using daktarin (Monistat), the first application I used undiluted but I used about a third of the tube, so yesterday's application which is my second I mixed it with some olive oil.

I also have a weekly mask with coconut oil and use argan oil everyday.

This is the first time I've ever really tried looking after my hair, it takes so long to see good results but days to see bad results. I'm going to have to make friends with patience I think

I have learnt all of my new knowledge from this site, and have picked up some great tips. It's a great place to share your frustrations and successes.

Lostsoule77
January 25th, 2014, 04:54 PM
That is certainly is! Good luck! :)

palaeoqueen
January 27th, 2014, 02:42 PM
I just want to pop in here to give you some encouragement! I am a painfully slow grower as well. Like maybe 0.5 inches per month if I'm lucky. But in 3 years, I have gone from shoulder length to *almost* waist length, with an average of 2 haircuts per year in there where I asked them only to take 0.5 inches off and even things out. You can make it!!! Have patience. :thumbsup:

That's not painfully slow it's completely normal, I think average is actually just slightly less than half an inch a month so you're doing just fine.

vanillabones
January 27th, 2014, 04:15 PM
You really shouldn't worry. It unfortunately just takes quite some time :( I have the same hair type as you and have grown it from ear to midback in now exactly 3 years. Another 3 years and maybe I'll be at my goal. My hair grows quite slowly but after 3 years on here I have average growth (.5 inch per month) and am very pleased. APL was THE HARDEST to get to but once you're there it should grow like the breeze and be so much easier to handle because the hair just begins to 'fall' better. I trimmed about 1/2 inch to an inch twice a year and didn't regret any of the cuts because I refuse to not have a blunt hemline with my thin hair. I love fairytale hair but only at long long lengths. Please don't give up you really can grow it and small trims can make all the difference in the world.

lilliemer
January 27th, 2014, 08:27 PM
That's not painfully slow it's completely normal, I think average is actually just slightly less than half an inch a month so you're doing just fine.
True that 1/2" per month is normal. Normal is also painfully slow ::sigh::