PDA

View Full Version : Little tiny hairs on the top of my head

LauraLongLocks
January 18th, 2014, 09:00 AM
Right in the middle of my center part I have these little tiny hairs. They are just the right length to not lay down. When I part my hair on the left or (rarely) on the right, they pop through where the center part is and stick straight up. I've had tiny hairs that stick up in the middle of my center part for years. I was told by a stylist that they were caused from breakage. I don't know how it is possible, since I don't clip my hair with barrettes at the top of my head or anything like that. If they were new growth, wouldn't they eventually grow out and lay down? These little hairs are about 1-2 cm in length. So, if they are broken hairs, why are they breaking? If they are new growth, why don't they ever grow out and lay down? In any case, they are annoying. Suggestions?

Pamala513
January 18th, 2014, 09:02 AM
I have the same,but I always thought it was new hairs growing in.

spidermom
January 18th, 2014, 09:08 AM
Maybe a combination. Maybe it's not the same baby hairs that you're seeing all the time. New hairs grow in, old hairs shed out, and new hairs grow in their place.

Some hairs have a very short growth cycle. I've shed out hairs only 2 or 3 inches long.

Loviatar
January 18th, 2014, 09:43 AM
I have them, and I think Spidermom is right. I tend to smooth mine down with aloe gel. They have tapered ends, not cut or split, so they're just baby hairs/ new growth. I've had some as long as I can remember :)

Joyce_Alison
January 18th, 2014, 10:06 AM
I have these too... but I have this horrible habit of ripping them out.. thereby ensuring that they will never grow out... :/

furnival
January 18th, 2014, 10:35 AM
There will always be little baby hairs growing all over your scalp, as each hair grows for a certain amount of time then falls out, then grows again. If your hairs did this all at the same time you would go completely bald every few years. :p

New growth is more visible at a parting. Rather than having the same little hairs that never grow, you probably don't notice them once they grow long enough to lay flat with your hair, and notice new ones that are sticking up instead.

Agnes Hannah
January 18th, 2014, 10:43 AM
I have these too. You could try moving your parting if they bug you too much maybe?

Saldana
January 18th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Sounds like baby hairs. :)

Nesoi
January 18th, 2014, 11:23 AM
I get these, and they curl up too sometimes which is annoying. I just remind myself that so long as I can see new baby hairs, my longer hairs are growing too!

LauraLongLocks
January 18th, 2014, 12:06 PM
When I part my hair in a different spot, they stick right through where my hair is laying over the top of them. Some of them are gnarly little things, too. They are kinky and sometimes coarse, almost like they belong on a different part of my body, ha ha! Sorry if TMI.

rose313
January 18th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Parting in a different spot works for me, but it's different for everyone. I have also heard of people spraying a bit of hair spray on a toothbrush to smooth them down, but my hair hates hairspray, I haven't done it myself. Aloe seems like a good idea. Maybe a leave in conditioner just on those parts? At least then it would make them softer and maybe they would lie down.

lapushka
January 18th, 2014, 04:24 PM
There's a product by John Frieda especially made for these wispy bits. It has a mascara wand to help them lay down:
http://www.drugstore.com/john-frieda-full-repair-touch-up-flyaway-tamer/qxp329714

LauraLongLocks
January 18th, 2014, 04:44 PM
There's a product by John Frieda especially made for these wispy bits. It has a mascara wand to help them lay down:
http://www.drugstore.com/john-frieda-full-repair-touch-up-flyaway-tamer/qxp329714

Thanks! :)

redtuss
January 19th, 2014, 12:08 AM
I've got these ones too :) Always afraid they're damaged but mostly they look to be re-growth. I just use some aloe vera-gel and smooth them down if they're bothering me. :)