PDA

View Full Version : Brain surgery scar

knux
January 17th, 2014, 05:49 PM
Hey guys!

First off, I am healing well. The doctor is happy with the surgery.

At the end of December my doctors found a brain tumour on my frontal lobe. It's been two weeks since the surgery and I am left with a scar on top of my head from ear to ear. My neurologist placed it where a headband would go, so I still have my grown out bangs in front of the scar. The area is shaved (now currently short little stubble is growing.) he did an amazing job as he thought my hair was beautiful and he wanted me to be able to hide it.

My question is; how can I hide it while it grows out? It's at waist length. I've been using headbands but just wondering if anyone else has ideas on how to hide it. It will be a while before the hair is long enough to lie flat.

Any my ideas, pictures, videos, would be helpful.

Thanks guys! :)

ladylowtide
January 17th, 2014, 05:52 PM
You could do a braided head band, from bringing lower layers up and over the short hair area. I'm glad to hear you are doing well.

Neptune
January 17th, 2014, 06:50 PM
SO glad to hear you're doing better. Take care of yourself!!

I second the braid idea!! You could braid your waist-length hair, and then pull it up and across the area of the scar, and maybe bobby pin it in place on the sides?

Sienna Miller seems to have pulled it off, lol :)

http://beautydhaba.blogspot.com/2009/06/french-braid-headband.html

turtlelover
January 17th, 2014, 06:51 PM
I'm thinking that you might be able to hide it w/ some small clip in extensions. SO glad you are doing OK!!!!

kme81
January 17th, 2014, 07:15 PM
Heidi Braids mights work. :)

jupiterinleo
January 17th, 2014, 08:44 PM
That's great that you're doing well.

You could always wear a bandana or headscarf on the days you're feeling too tired or lazy to braid.

young&reckless
January 17th, 2014, 09:47 PM
I love buffs folder over in half as head wear. They come in so many colors it's awesome.

joflakes
January 18th, 2014, 03:38 AM
No new ideas from me, but I hope you heal really well. :flower:

lapushka
January 18th, 2014, 06:06 AM
No new ideas from me either, but I also hope you heal well! :grouphug:

jacqueline101
January 18th, 2014, 07:48 AM
I'm glad you're well. I don't have any hair style ideas to try.

SleepyTangles
January 18th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Just dropping to wish you well, but my vote is for headscarves, bandanas and cloth hairbands, too :flower:.
Shorter hair always grow faster, so hopefully the scar will be soon well hidden, and the scarves will still be useful to style and push back the shorter locks.

embee
January 18th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Being as it is winter, I'd find some soft wooly caps to wear - I'm wearing either a hat or a calorimetry every day now, just for warmth.

The hideous awkward stage will soon be over. Years ago I was in a wreck and they shaved the center front of my hair to sew my forehead and hairline and scalp back together. It looked pretty frightful for a while with the stitches and stubble, but hair did grow back and the scar has almost vanished.

Very glad you are going to be ok. Hair is *nothing* compared to a brain tumor... gee whiz.

knux
January 19th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Thank you everyone. I will try these and see what works best, especially as it begins to grow. Thanks again for the kind words. Adore all of you!

Tini'sNewHair
January 19th, 2014, 07:08 PM
Sending you all my love :blossom: and i agree with eveyone elses ideas :)