PDA

View Full Version : Tempted to trim.

RootsOfMyHair
January 17th, 2014, 07:55 AM
Hi all. I've had a trim 3 months ago. The hairdresser trimmed a bit too much, and my hair was about APL length. I had quite a nice growth in the last 3 months, and I promised myself not to trim it until the 17th of April, that's when I'm about to turn 27. The thing is, it seems uneven to me. But I want to get to BSL, and if I'll go to any hairdresser, it won't be a micro-trim, and I'm too clumsy to cut it myself. So- how do I keep on waiting? I look at my hair and am getting a bit upset. Should I wait a bit more, and then trim it, or do you think I can manage not to cut it for another 3 months? I've became obsessed with it lately, and just want it to be perfect.

Will be glad to hear what you think about the issue. Thanks.

arr
January 17th, 2014, 08:41 AM
I understand how you feel. My last haircut was in May 2013. The stylists left me with uneven terrible choppy layers. After two weeks i couldn't stand it anymore so i had my husband cut off 3 inches to even it out. This trim only affected the back of my hair. The sides are still uneven. To get all my hair even i would have to cut off at least 2 inches, 3 for it to be perfect, but I'm 1 inch from waist in the back now. Im trying very hard to wait until May of this year before i cut so it will have been one year with no trims at all, but the uneven sides are driving me crazy. Im trying really hard to hold off on the trimming until I'm at least one inch past waist and can then start cutting back to waist. My poor husband has to put up with my daily conversations about"maybe i should just chop it now! No wait, i cant stand to lose the length! I must wait until May!" So, to answer your question, i don't think there is a way to be ok with it. I just continue to obsess every day and struggle with myself. I think it comes down to deciding whats more important to you at the moment-even ends or length. Clearly length is still more important to me at this time or i would have cut it by now. I will say that wearing it up does help because then i don't have to look at the unevenness.

ravenheather
January 17th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Well I am a nontrimmer. And I like fairytales. So I say "so what if your ends are uneven?" I would only trim damaged hair. Hair will never be perfect so why drive yourself crazy. But it's your hair if you hate uneven ends then trim them. Give yourself a break and don't stress either way.

Selkie-
January 17th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Do not trim it! April is just around the corner and will come before you know it. In the mean time stop looking at your hair and wear it in updos so that you can't obsess about it! Be strong! :agree:

spidermom
January 17th, 2014, 09:59 AM
I've always ended up with better-looking hair if I get it trimmed every 3 months, give/take a week or two. I grew from neck to classic length doing that.

Now I have it trimmed every 8 weeks because it's a special outing that daughter, granddaughter, and I do together. But I'm not trying to grow it longer right now.