PDA

View Full Version : Lunar Hair Chart

RegretsHerCut
January 16th, 2014, 03:36 AM
I found this site yesterday with an amazing chart that tells you all the good dates for trimming/cutting in 2014 ! I thought you guys might like it.. I was gonna micro trim yesterday as it was a full moon (supposedly for thicker hair) but finally decided I was gonna wait for March 19 (Spring Equinox)
https://www.morroccomethod.com/lunar-hair-care
Scroll down for the best days for retarding hair growth if like me, you have an issue with body hair lol

ErinLeigh
January 16th, 2014, 07:03 AM
thanks for sharing this. I am going to try it.

Kayla Nyx
January 16th, 2014, 07:37 AM
Ive been thinking of trying this! Thanks for sharing

Lyv
January 16th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Is trimming at a certain time supposed to help? I don't really understand the moon chart stuff no matter how hard I try. Maybe one of you will be able to explain it to me haha.

RegretsHerCut
January 16th, 2014, 11:26 AM
I don't really get it either but hair is supposedly made of energy and hair growth cycles are tied to moon cycles.. Here is some light reading that explains it better http://www.livestrong.com/article/279219-hair-growth-moon-phases/

hairpleasegrow
January 16th, 2014, 11:32 AM
This is so great I am not doing trims this year but if i do an s and d i will for sure keep this in mind to only do on these dates.....as well it will help keep the scissors out of my hands. i tend to get a little scissor happy at times . thanks for sharing

thankyousir74
January 16th, 2014, 11:43 AM
I didn't know that "astrologers" existed. I kinda thought that all the astrology to be done had been done. I do believe in the power of the placebo, and I enjoy superstitious things like this, so maybe I will cut on the spring equinox !

alexis917
January 16th, 2014, 12:08 PM
I didn't know that "astrologers" existed. I kinda thought that all the astrology to be done had been done. I do believe in the power of the placebo, and I enjoy superstitious things like this, so maybe I will cut on the spring equinox !

Agreed- plus, I really ought to try to adhere to a stable schedule, or I could get scissor happy...

Lyv
January 16th, 2014, 12:10 PM
I don't really get it either but hair is supposedly made of energy and hair growth cycles are tied to moon cycles.. Here is some light reading that explains it better http://www.livestrong.com/article/279219-hair-growth-moon-phases/

Thanks for the link! I'll probably try it, it seems interesting.

Decemberrose
January 16th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Interesting, I think I will follow by September :)

Found this:
"The Moon sign and phase can tell the best times for doing many personal and routine things, like having your hair cut, styled, dyed, or a perm. For instance, if you have very thick hair and you wish it thinner, get your trim or your cut on the low ebb (New Moon) when the shedding stage is peaking. Getting a perm during a waxing Leo Moon might result in frizz. A waxing Virgo Moon is often suitable for getting your hair styled or permed. A dye job will take better during a waxing Moon (maybe you’ve noticed there can be a difference). "

Taken from:
http://www.llewellyn.com/journal/article/1978&reference=astroup0909

schnibbles
January 16th, 2014, 03:43 PM
Thanks for posting this handy chart! I like how easy it is to understand.

My husband's great-grandfather would only go to the barber's for a haircut if the moon was in the correct phase, that's where I first heard of people doing this. My husband explained the reasoning behind it to me, as it was explained to him. Apparently, when you are going to do something to your body (like get a haircut) you are supposed to do it when the moon's pull is as far away from your head as possible. There's different "zones" of the body that are all affected by the moon during each moon phase: head, heart, hands, stomach, legs and feet. So, cut your hair when the moon's pull is strongest at your feet. It's hard to explain.... as it's more of a "concept" than anything; it stems from old wive's tales and I think in modern times today we don't really live by the moon like they used to. We're not connected to nature because our lifestyles don't require it.

DH's great-grandfather did die with a full head of hair though. (good genes most likely, but who knows?) I micro-trim with the moon, I figure it certainly can't hurt, right?

RegretsHerCut
January 17th, 2014, 08:41 AM
Thanks for posting this handy chart! I like how easy it is to understand.

My husband's great-grandfather would only go to the barber's for a haircut if the moon was in the correct phase, that's where I first heard of people doing this. My husband explained the reasoning behind it to me, as it was explained to him. Apparently, when you are going to do something to your body (like get a haircut) you are supposed to do it when the moon's pull is as far away from your head as possible. There's different "zones" of the body that are all affected by the moon during each moon phase: head, heart, hands, stomach, legs and feet. So, cut your hair when the moon's pull is strongest at your feet. It's hard to explain.... as it's more of a "concept" than anything; it stems from old wive's tales and I think in modern times today we don't really live by the moon like they used to. We're not connected to nature because our lifestyles don't require it.

DH's great-grandfather did die with a full head of hair though. (good genes most likely, but who knows?) I micro-trim with the moon, I figure it certainly can't hurt, right?

I hope it works ! I'm gonna wait for the spring equinox, take 1/4 of an inch off and see what happens !

ositarosita
January 17th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Great chart ... I have trouble understanding the other ones so this one might actually be able to work for me

Agnes Hannah
January 17th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Me too, I love this! not trimming for a while, but S&D and a little dusting should do it!

Gaelle27
January 17th, 2014, 12:06 PM
I've been triming with the moon for more than a year. It can't hurt, and if its works, it's great!

Remi
February 27th, 2014, 01:46 PM
I do this. I started this past summer, so not enough time to tell yet.

CremeTron
March 8th, 2014, 09:06 AM
I've been triming with the moon for more than a year. It can't hurt, and if its works, it's great!

Agreed. I am going to try this!

queenovnight
March 8th, 2014, 10:18 AM
I feel silly but I totally want to try this!

evalina
March 9th, 2014, 08:05 AM
thanks for the link, was already searching online for pages with proper dates. My hairdresser even recommended me to only cut my hair on Lion days.

RegretsHerCut
March 16th, 2014, 12:08 PM
thanks for the link, was already searching online for pages with proper dates. My hairdresser even recommended me to only cut my hair on Lion days.

Lion days as in July 23rd-August 22nd ? when your horoscope would be Leo ?

Sparklylady82
July 21st, 2014, 01:59 AM
I just came across this website so I thought I'd search for a thread on it and wha-lah! So any results?

RegretsHerCut
October 16th, 2014, 03:04 AM
I just came across this website so I thought I'd search for a thread on it and wha-lah! So any results?

I joined this site almost one year ago with jaw length hair, I'm at BSL now and have only trimmed 1cm once on the Spring Equinox (see the chart) so YES I guess it works :D

nalgena
August 20th, 2015, 07:58 AM
Does anyone here practice cutting their hair according to moon phases?

I'm a bit confused. There are different charts such as: https://www.morroccomethod.com/lunar-hair-care and http://www.rhythmofnature.net/lunar-calendar-health-and-beauty-august-2015. If u compare the two, there are some contradictions. I don't really know what methodology the Morrocco method uses, but I've noticed that the rhytm of nature emphasis the moon signs. So according to the latter, August 29 and 30 are bud for cutting hair, but according to Morrocco method, they would be beneficial for hair strengthening.

Is there anyone who knows more about astrology and could explain this?

Groovy Granny
August 20th, 2015, 10:17 AM
Oh....another 'moon' thread :)

I was reading this one yesterday
Trimming and The Moon ☽ ☾ http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=69119

There are a few recent posts that may answer your question.

Subscribing to both.... because I am a bit curious for when I start my micro trims in 2016 :popcorn: