PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo gets it wrong again

kganihanova
January 15th, 2014, 06:56 PM
So I was browsing Yahoo when I saw this video: http://tv.yahoo.com/daytime/dint-five-years-without-shampoo-201805293.html

I'm not even water only and I think what they're saying is deplorable.

Sound off on what you think!

Wildcat Diva
January 15th, 2014, 07:01 PM
This just reinforces that I can't bear listening to people. Most people's mainstream opinions just tick me off. How rude and snotty, uninformed... I could go on and on. They are capitalizing on the shock value, and really just making fun. Nice one!

mariakatija
January 15th, 2014, 07:02 PM
They are really rude. Just because someone does something different than you, doesn't give you the right to bully them over it. I doubt they could even tell in real life how often someone shampoos.

patienceneeded
January 15th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Just a bunch of gossip, really. Not even actual news. Just a bunch of pretties yacking it up about something they overheard from someone else. I'm going to press my virtual "ignore" button and move on with my life.

Bombadillo
January 15th, 2014, 07:12 PM
That blond lady is just trying to make a living…she just forgot to behave ethically in the workplace; and yet despite that story I don't feel any worse for not 'pooing everyday.

ejking2
January 15th, 2014, 07:13 PM
Bah. I hate this airheaded sensationalism. Unfortunately a lot of people are so closed-minded that they really think this way about anything unusual.

vanillabones
January 15th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Wow. All I have to say. So snotty.

AspenSong
January 15th, 2014, 09:45 PM
I watched this today and just shook my head. I mean, yes I already know they're going to be like that. But you know what I love? The comment that it can't be Healthy to not use shampoo. What?! Now listen, I use sulfate free shampoo myself, but I don't think less chemicals in general will hurt anyone in the long run. So it just sounded ridiculous to me. Just another example of people not accepting what's not mainstream or mainstream to them. Plain and simple. I did get irritated with the "She was blonde" comment. I found that completely rude and classless.

Bagginslover
January 16th, 2014, 02:10 AM
Laughing at the guy who says he only showers once a week? Er yeah, I shower once a week, its not gross, I don't smell. If I get sweaty, I shower, if I don't, I don't! How is that a difficult concept?! You don't wash other things that aren;t dirty, so why do it to yourself?!

*and breathe*

hanne jensen
January 16th, 2014, 03:13 AM
It's just sensationalism. There are many members who use WO with great success. Their hair is gorgeous. There are also members here who use NW/SO and their hair is healthy and very beautiful.

As for the shower thing, my doctor recommended that I use WO in the shower due to skin issues and constant yeast infections "downstairs". My Dr. told me that I could add a few drops of olive oil on my washcloth if I didn't feel clean.

monsoonstorm
January 16th, 2014, 04:02 AM
What's worse, is that this very story has made it into a British newspaper, albeit the worst Newspaper going.

The Daily Fail strikes again sensationalizing 'news' which isn't actually newsworthy.

Whilst the article itself isn't particularly "bad", this paper is particularly well known for posting articles in a way that they know will create a lot of comments, and using people any way they can to increase views. And the comments, as always, make me ashamed to be human.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2540222/I-not-used-shampoo-five-years-How-one-womans-hair-HEALTHIER-stopped-washing-it.html

stachelbeere
January 16th, 2014, 06:17 AM
oh god. here's another reason why I don't watch tv.

kiezel
January 16th, 2014, 07:17 PM
I found that entire video kind of offensive. It's basically glorified gossip, the kind that goes on whispered behind backs in highschool.

simon12
January 16th, 2014, 08:04 PM
Should respect whatever lifestyle we have, its our choice......

TrapperCreekD
January 16th, 2014, 08:05 PM
This came up on my homepage yesterday. I clicked on it out of curiosity and was appalled and angered by their attitude (though, really, I should have expected it). :rant: :doh:

Islandgrrl
January 16th, 2014, 08:07 PM
Ugh. People are so stupid.

kganihanova
January 16th, 2014, 09:02 PM
What's worse, is that this very story has made it into a British newspaper, albeit the worst Newspaper going.

The Daily Fail strikes again sensationalizing 'news' which isn't actually newsworthy.

Whilst the article itself isn't particularly "bad", this paper is particularly well known for posting articles in a way that they know will create a lot of comments, and using people any way they can to increase views. And the comments, as always, make me ashamed to be human.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2540222/I-not-used-shampoo-five-years-How-one-womans-hair-HEALTHIER-stopped-washing-it.html

Daily Mail amuses me and not because of their articles. The comment sections are gold and the headlines are...........interesting.

PixieKitten
January 17th, 2014, 03:07 AM
Gah! I dont shampoo, I CO, Does that make me gross too?
I hate people. -_-

Michiru
January 17th, 2014, 03:28 AM
Wow, they were rude . . .

Llama
January 18th, 2014, 08:57 AM
So much ignorance! And they sound like high school bullies.

hellucy
January 18th, 2014, 12:41 PM
How Rude!
Some of our most gorgeous heads of hair on LHC are WO!

SleepyTangles
January 18th, 2014, 02:02 PM
I can't watch the video, but frankly this is to be expected - mainstream medias are mostly rude and gossipy.
I gave a look to Jaquelyn's blog, instead, and its really nice :)! Really lovely person. Just a shame the only thing they could comment was her hair routine.