PDA

View Full Version : French twist sockbun

lapushka
January 15th, 2014, 03:13 PM
This is such a cool variation on a simple sock bun. You do have to have quite a bit of hair remaining, though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui6LKrYGqiQ

winship2
January 15th, 2014, 03:26 PM
Wow! I'll bet I could do that at WL now... But I need someone skilled and willing to help me with it and honestly, he has many fine qualities, but DH is just not that guy!

AspenSong
January 15th, 2014, 03:37 PM
Oh man. WANT THAT! I need someone to do my hair. Though I know that logically that wouldn't work on my type since I don't even have enough to cover a bun form. lol. Still, just beautiful.

Rio040113
January 15th, 2014, 04:23 PM
Ahh that's so pretty! No chance of me doing it on myself though, I can barely do a normal french braid :lol:

velorutionista
January 15th, 2014, 04:41 PM
That is so cool!!!

Sarahlabyrinth
January 15th, 2014, 05:02 PM
Oh that is really pretty!

MeowScat
January 15th, 2014, 11:25 PM
What a gorgeous bun! I wish I could do that, but I'm all thumbs. Thanks for posting that link! :)

askan
January 16th, 2014, 12:35 AM
Wow, that's beautifull!! I bet it would look just as cool in a looser, more bohemian style too.

freesia
January 16th, 2014, 02:34 AM
And I bet that it would also look cool with a dutch instead of a french braid as well!

hanne jensen
January 16th, 2014, 03:05 AM
Thanks for posting this. I bookmarked it for when I have enough hair to do this. This means that I don't have to retire my donuts when my hair gets long.

Juanita
January 16th, 2014, 03:38 AM
I had a play with this. I need more practice as I kept going lopsided. And my hair is fine and thin. Will have to get my daughter to do it on me. I normally have no problems doing French/ Dutch braids wear them frequently.

lapushka
January 16th, 2014, 04:26 AM
I just thought it was pretty unique, unlike a lot of the styles that are floating around, so I thought I'd post it. It *is* a PITA to do this on yourself though, I'm guessing (haven't tried). Just from the donut being on top of your head and you having to braid on top of it, I think. Still, I'd always love to see pictures of those who were successful.

cat11
January 27th, 2014, 11:53 PM
This reminds me of the sofia lucia bun tutorial by her.... I wish I could do the lace braids but I haven't even been able to figuring out french braiding my bangs away from my forehead. She always (cutegirlshairstyles) has so many good hairstyle ideas, and intricate ones, but I don't think I could pull off this one or more than half of the ones on her channel even if my hair was long enough because I have SO many flyaways and neatly parting my hair into a million little sections just... doesnt work. I probably need more patience and some sort of styler but I just get so mad at my hair sometimes because it's impossible to get it looking "polished" like people with straight hair seem to do so effortlessly. Sometimes I spend an hour in the bathroom, get mad, and leave with scrunchied ponytail -_-

Goes in the "cool, but I cant do that" pile for me, but I still enjoyed watching it. Hair envy.

Snorman
January 28th, 2014, 12:10 AM
Oh... Wonder if that's possible with BSL...... So nice!