PDA

View Full Version : Need your input ...

Arwenlily
January 15th, 2014, 11:52 AM
I was taking a look at my hair yesterday and it appears that the underneath layer of my hair is significantly shorter that the top layer of my hair. Why could this be? I did have layers cut in July but wouldn't that be on the top layer? Could I have some breakage? I really hope not ....

Anje
January 15th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Checking the ends might tell you if it's breakage (perhaps from friction with your clothes). But it's plausible that the hair in that section just hasn't grown as quickly, too. Not all areas grow at the same rate, to the point where some folks with healthy fairytale ends will have one side longer than the other or will have a strong V or W hairline.

Arwenlily
January 15th, 2014, 12:38 PM
I think it may be that back of my hair is just shorter and when I pull my hair to the front it looks like it is the hair underneath. I never want layers again :( why did she cut the layers so short?

joflakes
January 16th, 2014, 03:20 AM
Hmm that's weird, I have sections from my temple that are a good four or five inches shorter than the rest of my hair.luckily they're very small sections! The hairdresser couldn't give me a definitive reason why this is, it just is! I'm gonna try not to fiddle with my hair and hope it grows out!

ErinLeigh
January 16th, 2014, 07:21 AM
Sometimes stylists will cut the under layers shorter to get hair to lay a certain way. Is it all about same shorter length or more jagged in length? That will help tell if it is breakage or layers. Are the tips split? Ask stylist next time id she did some undercut layers then explain you are trying to grow out so you want that hair longer.

Some hair grows slower also in certain places, my temple hair is shorter like joflakes as well as finer and curlier, so I have to be extra diligent in that area..Could be the places that get tugged more from updos, etc. I think my temple thing is genetics plus mechanical damage.

EDIT: ah so it is layers? I have had that happen before. Layers are such a mixed bag. I swear mine are never even and it makes me nuts.