PDA

View Full Version : I just cut my hair.

rhubarbarin
March 19th, 2008, 09:23 AM
I was going to wait til it passed a certain length and then trim to maintain.. but I bought hair scissors last night, and..

It's much shorter (and will probably look even shorter after I wash it). Armpit length, and my V ends just above my bra strap. It was just at mid back before. But you know, looking at the tiny pile of thin blond ends, I don't even know how cutting such a small amount of hair off could make such a difference! My ends were so bad. My hair looks thicker now. I don't regret it yet. :shrug: After my boyfriend sees it though, I will probably be crying. But, all things pass.

Now, I really have to be serious about wearing it up. Hopefully by this time next year I will be at midback again.. but a much thicker, nicer midback.

I guess I'd better change my info to armpit length..

I wish I had some pictures to show you guys, sorry! I really need to buy my own computer so I can hook my camera up.

spidermom
March 19th, 2008, 09:38 AM
I just lopped 3-4 inches of bad, splitty ends myself. I miss the length but not the hairs I actually got rid of. Happy growing to us both!

florenonite
March 19th, 2008, 09:39 AM
If you're happy with it and it made your ends nicer then I'm happy for you and glad you made the decision that's good for your hair even if you weren't sure about it. It will grow back in no time and will be much healthier when it does ^_^

rhubarbarin
March 19th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Thanks guys. Spidermom your hair looks beautiful in your new sig photo.

Yes florenonite my ends are better, however they are still bad! I would have to cut to shoulder length or higher in some places to get rid of all the damage. It's going to be a long time before I have the healthy virgin hair I want so bady. If only I had found LHC six months sooner, I never would have highlighted my hair and it would be much healthier. Oh well.

spidermom
March 19th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Thanks guys. Spidermom your hair looks beautiful in your new sig photo.

Amazing how you can't see all the splits in a photo, isn't it? I need a new sig photo now because this one is pre-lop.

Curlsgirl
March 19th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Great! I am sure it looked good before but great now!!! Can't wait to see pictures! :)

jojo
March 19th, 2008, 01:46 PM
i did the exact same last month, im going to take some pictures tonight, got camera fixed at last! but i agree it does feel and look better, still feeling a bit sad at the length lost, but i want long healthy hair, rather than longer straggly hair!

CopperHead
March 19th, 2008, 02:26 PM
I cut mine about a month ago and it is now around waist length. It feels so thick and healthy and I don't regret it for a moment. I layered it and my buns are not at neat as they were, but it's okay. I can still do them, but they are better with pins than sticks right now. I think I prefer the pins anyway. :)

SHADOWSCODE46
March 19th, 2008, 03:32 PM
I recently lopped off a few inches as well last week Thursday. I was in PA for a month and the hard water split every last strand of my hair. A trim makes all the difference though! At least when it grows back to the post trim length it will be even and more healthier! Knowing this fends of any pangs of remorse for the trim. :)