PDA

View Full Version : Shedding in spurts?

cdonald2
January 13th, 2014, 09:57 PM
Does this happen to anyone else? where they will shed in spurts? 90%of the time i may shed a hair or two (that i notice) then all of a sudden ill shed a whole bunch later in the week it seems to happen once ever 1.5-2 months.

cdonald2
January 14th, 2014, 02:56 PM
bumping for more responses

swearnsue
January 14th, 2014, 04:52 PM
Just to let you know that I haven't experienced shedding that way. When I've had an increase in shedding I've been able to trace it to a reason and haven't noticed any cycle.

Yozhik
January 14th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Hmm...are you keeping your hair up for most of the day? I usually shed in bunches, but that's because I mostly have my hair up for a few days in a row, so when I do take it out and detangle it, all of the hairs that would have fallen over the course of those days come out at once. :shrug:

ExpectoPatronum
January 15th, 2014, 02:51 AM
I notice I tend to shed more when the weather starts warming up, however that could be because I tend to spring for more updos then, in addition to swimming and what not. Perhaps there's a reason for your spurts? Even a change in diet can lead to a change in shed rate.

lapushka
January 15th, 2014, 04:06 AM
When my hair's just been washed, all the hairs have come out during and pre-wash, so there's barely hairs coming out up to three days later. Then it starts back up again it seems, and evening after evening more hair comes out of my updos, until wash day. So yes, if you pay that close attention to it... it is like that. Nothing abnormal about it, if you were wondering!

cdonald2
January 15th, 2014, 09:21 PM
I have been keeping it up after letting conditioner dry in it to deep condition. I rinse it out and it all falls out. If this is just form wearing it up, i feel alot better :)