PDA

View Full Version : 3 year anniversary! (with pictures of course ;))

oktobergoud
January 13th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Hey! I've been here for 3 years already, almost can't believe it! I started here to grow out my pixie to a bob, but 3 years later I think I'm aiming for at least BSL! I started with a pixie bleached to death, had to cut it a lot in the first year in order to get rid of the damage/make it look bearable instead of a mop haha.

Now, 3 years later, I use henna and eh used a lot of different things! In the end I use cones again, but also sulfate free shampoos (and sulfates once in a while) and oils and everything. My hair has never been this long since I was a kid, so that's very exciting! :) In case you are curious and/or bored, there are more pictures in my albums. But I didn't feel like spamming this thread with my face haha!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/postalwar/2011.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/postalwar/2012.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/postalwar/2013.jpg

Now! After 4 days of no washing it's looking the best I think. No brushing either! Freshly washed it's a big fluffy mess that can't be tamed D: I'm currently on Accutane which is making my scalp (and my hair too) dry, so it's a bit more frizzy/dull than usual. Nothing too bad though! (never mind the bangs, not sure yet how to re-cut them :P)
Oh and I got a cut last summer and they gave me lots of layers and I'm still not sure if I like them :/ But they are growing out nicely :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/postalwar/2014.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/postalwar/IMG_0830a.jpg

I often wish I had nice shiny hair that behaves well and do what it's told but alas :P I'm pleased with it though, never thought I would get this far! :) Thanks everyone :flower:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/postalwar/haar1.jpg

It's shiny with flash though! :P

Lissandria
January 13th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Congrats on making three years! Your hair is gorgeous. You really suit both longer hair and a pixie- you're very versatile. I like the layers too! :blossom:

ejking2
January 13th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Fantastic growth, oktobergoud! It doesn't seem like long ago when you had just a short bob. :) Your hair is beautiful. Don't worry, mine doesn't do what it's told either, and I'm hoping more length will help sort that out.

oktobergoud
January 13th, 2014, 03:02 PM
Congrats on making three years! Your hair is gorgeous. You really suit both longer hair and a pixie- you're very versatile. I like the layers too! :blossom:

Thanks! :D I sometimes miss the pixie, but longer hair is more fun! :)

Fantastic growth, oktobergoud! It doesn't seem like long ago when you had just a short bob. :) Your hair is beautiful. Don't worry, mine doesn't do what it's told either, and I'm hoping more length will help sort that out.

But your hair looks so smooth and silky in your siggy! :o Thanks :)

SleepyTangles
January 13th, 2014, 03:11 PM
Your hair never cease to amaze me, its so lovely! I remember seeing your old avatar, the one with the crown braid, and thinking it was like a picture in a fairytale book :D!
Congratulations!

mariakatija
January 13th, 2014, 03:11 PM
You have beautiful hair, and beautiful pictures!

vanillabones
January 13th, 2014, 03:16 PM
Oh my gosh congratulations!!! Your hair is so long now and it is so beautiful, what a lovely length for you and I love your wave pattern! I'm glad to still see you growing strong after three years, my 3 years is at the end of the month so I feel for you in all of your bleach damage problems and growing it out with vigilance!
Happy Hairiversary to you oktobergoud!! :flower:
Maybe one day you can teach me to braid xD!

Oh and about the accutane :( best of luck on it I was on it twice (two six month periods) I had the worst cystic acne of anyone I've ever met. I had to get laser treatments after for my acne scars. I have a long never ending history with acne. I don't remember how my hair reacted at the time (all I know was it was a dark brown pixie) but my spinal cord fluids dried out so badly I could not bend at the waist and stand up again. Also, my eyes dried out and I had blurry vision to the point where I couldn't read writing on the sides of big commercial vehicles. Despite all of this I would never regret going on accutane. If you need any support with it I'm here! But your skin has always looked fine to me! (better than mine still is :P) I hope you get the results you want and if you have any q's on it please message me.

Yozhik
January 13th, 2014, 03:20 PM
Congratulations on 3 well-spent years! Your hair looks fantastic - that shade of red is just beautiful on you! :flowers:

My hair is also quite fluffy - I like it though, since fluffy hair still has a lot of volume when you get to longer lengths and your hair is weighed down. :)

What is your natural hair color? I always wished for that color red, but since my hair is so dark, I'd have to bleach the heck out of it, so I'll just admire it vicariously on you. :silly:

Llama
January 13th, 2014, 03:22 PM
You are very photogenic and your hair is beautiful! Inspires me to keep growing for years :)

oktobergoud
January 13th, 2014, 03:26 PM
Oh my gosh congratulations!!! Your hair is so long now and it is so beautiful, what a lovely length for you and I love your wave pattern! I'm glad to still see you growing strong after three years, my 3 years is at the end of the month so I feel for you in all of your bleach damage problems and growing it out with vigilance!
Happy Hairiversary to you oktobergoud!! :flower:
Maybe one day you can teach me to braid xD!

Oh and about the accutane :( best of luck on it I was on it twice (two six month periods) I had the worst cystic acne of anyone I've ever met. I had to get laser treatments after for my acne scars. I have a long never ending history with acne. I don't remember how my hair reacted at the time (all I know was it was a dark brown pixie) but my spinal cord fluids dried out so badly I could not bend at the waist and stand up again. Also, my eyes dried out and I had blurry vision to the point where I couldn't read writing on the sides of big commercial vehicles. Despite all of this I would never regret going on accutane. If you need any support with it I'm here! But your skin has always looked fine to me! (better than mine still is :P) I hope you get the results you want and if you have any q's on it please message me.

Thank you so much! :flower: I see you're at BSL? Your hair has grown a lot too!!

About my skin: I always Photoshop my skin, so it always looks good in pictures. It really isn't in real life though :( I've been on hormonal birthcontrol (diane 35) for 12 years, just for my acne. When I stopped taking that, after 6 months or so my skin started to get out of control!! I got really bad cystic acne too, my whole back and arms/shoulders were covered too :( It's getting better now, I'm on a higher dosage though because it didn't do much for the first 4 months :( But it's no fun! I only experience extremely dry skin, but nothing like you did! Woah that sounds very extreme, how awful! One of my fears was that my hair would fall out, but strangely enough, it seems to grow faster instead? Hopefully it won't fall out eventually! Oh and dry eyes, I have those too. Wearing contacts is getting harder :(

Anyway, I'm glad someone can relate! And thanks, I will :)

stachelbeere
January 13th, 2014, 03:32 PM
your hair is really, really beautiful!!! and I would like to congratulate you on your wonderful photography skills as well <3

lapushka
January 13th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Your hair is awesome! Such a pretty tone of red. And look at how much it grew. Love the layers, but then I'm biased. I have layers myself that I really *really* like! Congrats on making such amazing progress! :applause

vanillabones
January 13th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Thank you so much! :flower: I see you're at BSL? Your hair has grown a lot too!!

About my skin: I always Photoshop my skin, so it always looks good in pictures. It really isn't in real life though :( I've been on hormonal birthcontrol (diane 35) for 12 years, just for my acne. When I stopped taking that, after 6 months or so my skin started to get out of control!! I got really bad cystic acne too, my whole back and arms/shoulders were covered too :( It's getting better now, I'm on a higher dosage though because it didn't do much for the first 4 months :( But it's no fun! I only experience extremely dry skin, but nothing like you did! Woah that sounds very extreme, how awful! One of my fears was that my hair would fall out, but strangely enough, it seems to grow faster instead? Hopefully it won't fall out eventually! Oh and dry eyes, I have those too. Wearing contacts is getting harder :(

Anyway, I'm glad someone can relate! And thanks, I will :)

I can relate, I was on BC for almost 10 years for acne as well (and irregular cycles). I stopped taking it a year or two ago (I can't remember). I wouldn't worry too much about your hair, I don't have any to sacrifice and my hair managed just fine, even with box dye and razor cuts :doh:. They told me I was an odd case because I never had any body acne which pretty much goes hand in hand with cystic acne sufferers. I don't wear glasses so I can't imagine the pain you could feel from them driving out good thing you look cute in glasses! (I prefer glasses on people over their contacts but of course I can understand why contacts are preferable even if just on occasion. After stopping the treatments the following 6 months my skin would continue to clear up - it really stays in the system awhile but all of my symptoms went away. My vision is more blurry than before but I was also still aging and around the age of 18 I read your vision changes slightly from aging.
And thank you I have reached BSL :D at a very ratty 27" at the moment. Your hair identification sure has changed since joining your hair is so thick and resilient and you definitely have shine so idk what you mean! I also understand the photoshopping, I used it photoshop4 too until I became so depressed I stopped taking pictures or being involved in them. >< I love looking at your photography albums, you have such talent in your lighting.

Sterlyn
January 13th, 2014, 03:36 PM
Oktobergoud, It doesn't seem like it's been 3 years!, your pics were very inspirational to me when I first started lurking here, sporting my own very short pixie. I love the color and texture of your hair and I can't believe how long it has gotten :).

hypersensitive
January 13th, 2014, 04:00 PM
Very lovely! I am enjoying your great quality photographs too!

BrightEyes
January 13th, 2014, 05:11 PM
Wow, your hair has grown so much! I love the color and waves. So beautiful :)

neko_kawaii
January 13th, 2014, 05:30 PM
You have some of my favorite hair and photographs. Happy anniversary!

Falcore
January 13th, 2014, 05:50 PM
Happy 3 years. Amazing growth!

Vanilla
January 13th, 2014, 05:53 PM
Happy 3 year anniversary! Your hair is looking awesome, and I can't believe how much it's grown in the last 3 years!

ejking2
January 13th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the compliment dearie. My hair was relatively well-behaved in that picture, but the waves are always doing something weird, so I'm rarely satisfied with the way it looks down. Braids any more complicated than French/Dutch hardly ever look right (my technique may be somewhat lacking, but mostly it's that my hair doesn't cooperate), and it slips its way out of updos if I'm not very careful.

I took a round of Accutane (six months) a few years back because I had cystic acne too. I still have pimples, but they're small and relatively few. My eyes are still so dry that I can't wear contacts, but I got LASIK. My skin gets pretty dry too, and especially my lips, but my hair is still a little greasy--not presentable after day 3.

woodswanderer
January 13th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Very nice! Congrats. I'm amazed how blond and pixie vs long and red make you look like two different people to me. I like both looks, but I am partial to red.

HairFaerie
January 13th, 2014, 06:20 PM
Very pretty! Excellent growth & beautiful color. Congrats! Keep growing! You are very inspirational to me...I started with blonde pixie too! :)

Tini'sNewHair
January 13th, 2014, 06:31 PM
Beautiful hair!!!!! I know what you mean about the acne problems, I get them all around my mouth, nose and forehead BUT not if im on the pill which seems to keep my hormones in check so the only two times i went off the pill (so i can have my two kids) i suffered so much, i cant tell you how much i wanted to just have the kids so i can go back on my pill and now im left with scars but they arent bad looking. Each time i take photos of my face i either wear full on makeup or i photoshop to make my skin look normal. I dont see the stains i have from acne on my face to be a part of me, i cant yet accept them :( hmm anyway. I will be celebrating like never before if one day we get a cure for acne, WOW wouldnt that be amazing!!!!

Arwenlily
January 13th, 2014, 06:51 PM
Beautiful hair! And I love the color.

Micayla47
January 13th, 2014, 09:59 PM
i've been following your progress and your hair has been beautiful at every stage and you look great with all lengths. of course i'm partial to long, so i say "yay" to your new length :cheer:

jacqueline101
January 13th, 2014, 10:00 PM
Congrats on your hair growth journey. Your hair has come along ways in three years. I wish you many more years of growing.

TheMechaGinger
January 14th, 2014, 12:08 AM
I've seen quite a few three year anniversary posts lately (mine included). I absolutely love your waves and the color is gorgeous! I have to admit I'm a little envious though, after four days of no washing your hair looks great. My hair looks like it desperately needs a wash haha!

Zebra Fish
January 14th, 2014, 06:50 AM
As far as I'm concerned, the photos with the flash could easily go for a hair commercial :)

browneyedsusan
January 14th, 2014, 07:29 AM
Very nice! :applause:

I've always loved your hair and stalked your albums! *runs off to continue snooping*

Excellent work! :cheese:

joflakes
January 14th, 2014, 09:07 AM
Hello hair twin!

Your hair looks so so good. I'm very jealous. You've made such good progress! I love the layers in your hair, they look awesome. :)

Do you know what your end goal is now? Not long til you're at BSL! :D

Emanuelle
January 14th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Hi fellow Dutchie :D

I love love LOVE your red hair color~!! It's gorgeous!! And your hair looks so pretty and healthy! Wow! What's your goal length??

oktobergoud
January 14th, 2014, 11:03 AM
Woaaah thanks everyone!! :flower: :love:

Hi fellow Dutchie :D

I love love LOVE your red hair color~!! It's gorgeous!! And your hair looks so pretty and healthy! Wow! What's your goal length??

Hoi! :D

Thank you so much :) I'm not sure yet, I don't really have a goal length yet I think? At least BSL, but I thinking I'm going for MBL as a goal length :)

kendraf
January 14th, 2014, 11:25 AM
Oh so pretty and shiny and thick :)

Best of luck on reaching BSL! I'm also trying to undo years of blonde torture to get down to waist, so close yet so far!

ErinLeigh
January 14th, 2014, 11:43 AM
Happy LHC anniversary. I have looked at you blog before and have always adored your photographs. You have a true talent
When I first joined i though your signature was the photo of a model you had found!

You can rock a pixie like no one I have seem but I must say your long red hair is stunning. Quite unique in color. Very interesting and hard not to look at. I personally love your layers. Your hair appears thick and luscious so I don't know why you don't think it shines :)

Thanks for the photo updates. I'm always happy to see them.

oktobergoud
January 15th, 2014, 02:11 AM
Happy LHC anniversary. I have looked at you blog before and have always adored your photographs. You have a true talent
When I first joined i though your signature was the photo of a model you had found!

You can rock a pixie like no one I have seem but I must say your long red hair is stunning. Quite unique in color. Very interesting and hard not to look at. I personally love your layers. Your hair appears thick and luscious so I don't know why you don't think it shines :)

Thanks for the photo updates. I'm always happy to see them.

Oh wow, thank you so much! You make me blush haha :)

oktobergoud
January 17th, 2014, 08:01 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/postalwar/krullie2.jpg

Oh and at times my hair is apparently curly as well? :o Weird :o

oktobergoud
January 17th, 2014, 08:03 AM
Beautiful hair!!!!! I know what you mean about the acne problems, I get them all around my mouth, nose and forehead BUT not if im on the pill which seems to keep my hormones in check so the only two times i went off the pill (so i can have my two kids) i suffered so much, i cant tell you how much i wanted to just have the kids so i can go back on my pill and now im left with scars but they arent bad looking. Each time i take photos of my face i either wear full on makeup or i photoshop to make my skin look normal. I dont see the stains i have from acne on my face to be a part of me, i cant yet accept them :( hmm anyway. I will be celebrating like never before if one day we get a cure for acne, WOW wouldnt that be amazing!!!!

Oooh I feel you :( I think a lot of people who don't have acne underestimate it's effect on people! The Accutane is helping me lots but I'm very afraid it will come back when I stop... let's hope not! Skin is such an important part of how we look (and feel, I guess), and it's hard to accept sometimes that yours isn't as flawless as other people's skin :(

(edit: oops sorry for all the comments, should have put them together)

AnnaB
January 17th, 2014, 12:19 PM
always love your updates. You have made amazing progress and you always inspire me to keep growing mine. Thank you.

Your long hair really suits you! and so shiny! well done. :)

Colourful
January 17th, 2014, 12:53 PM
What a lovely progress! Congratulations! =)
P.S! Your eyes look marvellous.