PDA

View Full Version : best hair dryer to try out this cool dry situation

bryana
January 12th, 2014, 07:34 PM
I recently found the article on LHC regarding how cool drying your hair is healthier than air drying your hair (having it wet for extended periods of time). I wanted to test the theory and I'm looking for a high quality blow dryer! All suggestions are appreciated!

Anje
January 12th, 2014, 07:41 PM
Major thing to look for is a dryer with a cool switch instead of a button that needs held down. Independent temperature and speed controls are nice, too.

can't speak to brands since I blow dry only occasionally and I'm not convinced that one air blowing device is different from the next.

Firefox7275
January 12th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Agree with advice already given. Also consider a diffuser to widen the flow.

butterflybutton
January 12th, 2014, 08:32 PM
The professional wahl range are the best! Well in my opinion. Their smaller sized ones are very good for home use, I can't imagine that you'd use it enough to justify spending $250 on the top of the range one. They have the push button for the cold shot, although that could have changed in the five odd years since I brought my newest one (one before that wast at least 15yrs, I got it second hand) it is very easy to hold down.

Lyv
January 12th, 2014, 10:30 PM
I just taped down my cold shot button on my regular hair dryer and that works just fine for me. I have a cheap one from walmart lol.

ejking2
January 13th, 2014, 01:35 AM
I've had this one for a year and a half and love it-- http://www.amazon.com/Babylis-BABTT5585-Tourmaline-Titanium-Dryer/dp/B002JSL6QI/ref=pd_sim_sbs_bt_1
It does have a cool setting and independent speed and temperature switches, as well as a cold shot button.

lapushka
January 13th, 2014, 03:27 AM
Get one that has multiple speed settings, *and* multiple temperature settings - separately. So separate control of speed, and separate control of temperature. This is a *must*, regardless of the blow dryer you get. And make sure, if you're wavy or curly, that there's a diffuser attachment.

Loviatar
January 15th, 2014, 05:13 AM
I have a Visiq. It cost £10. It has a cold setting and a cold shot button as well as two warm/hot settings and three airflow speeds. I use it on speed 2 (medium) or 3 (fast), and always on cold setting (when I bother - I normally air dry.) i wanted one with a cold setting so I don't have to hold down the cold shot button! I bought it for rush drying in winter when I don't want to go out with wet hair. My only complaint is that I would prefer a longer cable, but for £10 I'm not too fussed about that.