PDA

View Full Version : Hendigo and my coloring

tbonita
January 10th, 2014, 10:40 PM
My latest hair coloring attempts have been hendigo - and it's a beautiful dark dark brown with a cherry-ish red gleam. Definitely not a copper red. I've been told I have 'cool' coloring ... I'm pink, I burn; I have naturally very dark brown hair and hazel eyes. I have no idea what 'season' I am as that confuses me. I gravitate towards blues and hot pinks for clothes (and my old trusty black of course!). Do you all think this would be a good color choice for me long-term? I'm very happy with it and it seems to be sticking very well. I've heard a more copper hair tone suits warmer complexions, but that also confuses me as most natural red heads I know are fair and burn easily? Thanks everybody!

red-again
January 11th, 2014, 02:29 AM
Your skin is cool from what you describe. Most natural redheads are warm, weird as like you, I think of them as having a pinky undertone but what do I know! I'm a cool too and henna red is yuk on me. Hendigo cooler brown/ black though, I get a lot of compliments. Defo not that way with henna. My hair is darkest brown naturally, pink undertone to my skin, green eyes. I rarely burn, but go a russet not olive brown when tanned.
I would say hendigo, with your colouring will be a match made in heaven.

red-again
January 11th, 2014, 02:30 AM
The seasonal colour analysis at www.chicfashionista.com is very helpful

Rosetta
January 11th, 2014, 02:38 AM
I agree with red-again - sounds like henndigo would be great for you. Just henna I wouldn't recommend for purely cool skin :)

tbonita
January 11th, 2014, 07:33 AM
Thanks red-again and Rosetta!! I'm glad I made some adjustments and am on the right track. I'll definitely check out that color analysis... I've always been curious about my 'season'. :)

browneyedsusan
January 11th, 2014, 10:07 AM
I've never had my season done, but know in my gut, that I'm warm. I look great in earthy, outdoorsy colors: olive, orange, brown, teal, yellow; and choose warm-toned makeup. I have fair skin, tons of freckles, and burn easily too! (My hair was actually strawberry blonde when I was a teenager, but ashed to medium brown in my 20's.)

IMHO, you probably gravitate to what looks best on you. If you like the indigo, wear it! :)

tbonita
January 11th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the reply browneyedsusan! Your hair is looking great in your new dec 13 pic in your siggy!! :) I yearn to be at that point..

Kaelee
January 11th, 2014, 01:58 PM
If it looks good, if YOU like it, then it's perfect for you. :) From what you describe, it probably looks good to others too. :thumbsup:

tbonita
January 11th, 2014, 04:54 PM
Thanks Kaelee! :)

Isilme
January 12th, 2014, 06:16 AM
I'm cool too, and dark brown makes me look yellow. I find that if I keep the henna copper to auburn I can carry it of, but maybe I'm more of a neutral cool. (cool summer last time I checked)

tbonita
January 12th, 2014, 11:45 AM
I'm cool too, and dark brown makes me look yellow. I find that if I keep the henna copper to auburn I can carry it of, but maybe I'm more of a neutral cool. (cool summer last time I checked)

What's your natural color, Isilme?

Isilme
January 12th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Dark blonde/light brown cool and ashy with golden highlights when sunbleached.

Rosetta
January 13th, 2014, 02:27 AM
Cool summer isn't actually a neutral cool season but a "purely" cool one; Light Summer and Soft summer are more neutral :) (Copper would never suit someone with purely cool colouring, that's a sure sign ;))