PDA

View Full Version : Updated hair photo

Kherome
January 10th, 2014, 10:12 PM
As some of you might (probably not haha) recall I reached Classic and cut back, reached Classic and cut back...you get the idea. So, just for fun, here is an updated photo of my hair which is mostly back to Classic. I am still contemplating a cut back to hip. Not sure.

Oh and ignore the weird wave pattern I have going on here. It was damp when I put it up this morning and it got...weird.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj135/iwasbornonahorse/e53f4814-1442-4008-ace6-473b72836113_zps0c9404ba.jpg (http://s271.photobucket.com/user/iwasbornonahorse/media/e53f4814-1442-4008-ace6-473b72836113_zps0c9404ba.jpg.html)

Sarahlabyrinth
January 11th, 2014, 01:11 AM
Oooooh. Wow. Nice!.

Micayla47
January 11th, 2014, 01:15 AM
Gorgeous! can i ask how tall you are and how many inches your hair is now? i'm 5'9" and i seem to recall that you are also tall. i'm wondering how far i have to go to have your hair :pray:

Rio040113
January 11th, 2014, 03:10 AM
Ooh, lovely!!

Lyv
January 11th, 2014, 05:18 AM
It looks wonderful!

lapushka
January 11th, 2014, 05:27 AM
Congrats on classic!

bunzfan
January 11th, 2014, 05:51 AM
Now don't cut back your ends look so thick.

Ambystoma
January 11th, 2014, 05:52 AM
Looking gorgeous!

ErinLeigh
January 11th, 2014, 05:53 AM
As some of you might (probably not haha) recall I reached Classic and cut back, reached Classic and cut back...you get the idea. So, just for fun, here is an updated photo of my hair which is mostly back to Classic. I am still contemplating a cut back to hip. Not sure.

Oh and ignore the weird wave pattern I have going on here. It was damp when I put it up this morning and it got...weird.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj135/iwasbornonahorse/e53f4814-1442-4008-ace6-473b72836113_zps0c9404ba.jpg (http://s271.photobucket.com/user/iwasbornonahorse/media/e53f4814-1442-4008-ace6-473b72836113_zps0c9404ba.jpg.html)

Your hair is simply divine. Thank you for sharing.

Sterlyn
January 11th, 2014, 06:09 AM
Kherome, your hair is gorgeous, thank you so much for sharing that pic :)

ravenheather
January 11th, 2014, 06:18 AM
Beautiful. I sure wouldn't cut, but I am sure it will be lovely either way.

Aingeal
January 11th, 2014, 06:25 AM
Stunning! Your ends are beautiful!

didrash
January 11th, 2014, 07:28 AM
Thud! This. Is. Gorgeous!

Kherome
January 11th, 2014, 08:33 AM
Gorgeous! can i ask how tall you are and how many inches your hair is now? i'm 5'9" and i seem to recall that you are also tall. i'm wondering how far i have to go to have your hair :pray:

I am about 73" tall. (About 6'1") my hair is about 43/44" long.

karenpetal
January 11th, 2014, 08:46 AM
Gorgeous gorgeous !!! Congrats on classic again

Kherome
January 11th, 2014, 09:01 AM
It's starting to be anti-climactic isn't it? Haha, this is like my 3rd round of getting to Classic. I need to decide, I guess, if I want to grow on or maintain or cut back. Condition is more important to me than length, so that is what dictates how far I will go with my fine ii hair.

Kherome
January 11th, 2014, 09:04 AM
And thanks to all for the kind words.

Stunning! Your ends are beautiful!

Thank you. I actually have quite a bit of wave to my hair naturally, when it was shoulder length it actually curled a bit. So, the ends frustrate me at times, because they twist and curl and end up looking somewhat piecey and sticking out in wonky directions. Thankfully though, they are always wrapped up in a TT stick, so I don't have to look at them too often!

AspenSong
January 11th, 2014, 09:07 AM
I think your hair is stunning. Your ends look fantastic. Your hair will obviously be beautiful no matter what you do, but I love it that length!

PixxieStix
January 11th, 2014, 11:28 AM
There is recollection of this being a pattern of yours, lol! Glad to see your hair is as beautiful as ever, enjoy it at this length and whichever ones you aim for in the future. :)

vanillabones
January 11th, 2014, 12:05 PM
I think your hair is lovely and absolutely inspirational. I wouldn't cut more than an inch your ends look fantastic!
In your avatar pic... are those waves from braids? Mine will not braid wave even after days :p

Kherome
January 11th, 2014, 01:09 PM
I think your hair is lovely and absolutely inspirational. I wouldn't cut more than an inch your ends look fantastic!
In your avatar pic... are those waves from braids? Mine will not braid wave even after days :p

No, the curls in the avatar pic are from loosely wrapping damp hair in foam rollers for a couple of hours. My braid waves are ok, but the ends (the tassel of the braid) always look funny because I can't braid all the way to the very tips.

Kherome
January 12th, 2014, 06:41 PM
There is recollection of this being a pattern of yours, lol! Glad to see your hair is as beautiful as ever, enjoy it at this length and whichever ones you aim for in the future. :)

Thank you. If only I could decide. I'm afraid condition might suffer if I'm not careful though.

Agnes Hannah
January 13th, 2014, 05:29 AM
Trim don't cut! its so beautiful, it looks soft and so shiny! If you grow down to thigh, you could do it slowly to keep the ends looking as you want them to. Its truly beautiful, prerafaelite hair!

Haybop
January 13th, 2014, 05:40 AM
That is gorgeous hair, and such a nice hemline, I woudl say trim at most.... but that's your choice ;)

letibear
January 13th, 2014, 06:22 AM
So beautiful...

Kherome
January 13th, 2014, 05:10 PM
Trim don't cut! its so beautiful, it looks soft and so shiny! If you grow down to thigh, you could do it slowly to keep the ends looking as you want them to. Its truly beautiful, prerafaelite hair!

It would have to be slowly for sure, as I've found rushing has lead to less than satisfactory results.

Tini'sNewHair
January 13th, 2014, 08:42 PM
:agape: :kitten: And that is why i LOVE classic length so much!! - Sooo beautiful, long, perfect!!!!!! I WANT IT NOW :D

Kherome
January 13th, 2014, 09:08 PM
Once upon a time I did too. I came here to LHC with waist length hair. I wanted Classic length hair so much, but didn't think I'd ever get there! Then I did, kind of by surprise. I just realized one day I was there. It was very sneaky.

jacqueline101
January 13th, 2014, 09:52 PM
Wow jaw dropping beautiful. Keep it as so many others said its so healthy and thick at the ends.

spidermom
January 13th, 2014, 10:20 PM
Very pretty.

rapunzelna
January 13th, 2014, 10:46 PM
If my hemline was that beautiful, I'd grow it longer.

Tini'sNewHair
January 14th, 2014, 03:48 AM
Once upon a time I did too. I came here to LHC with waist length hair. I wanted Classic length hair so much, but didn't think I'd ever get there! Then I did, kind of by surprise. I just realized one day I was there. It was very sneaky.

Then why do you keep cutting back? Very curious :)

Kherome
January 14th, 2014, 05:45 AM
I am very preoccupied with condition. I do not like long hair that looks ragged. It bothers me a lot, for some reason. So I am very critical of my hair. If I feel like it's the least bit ragged, overly thin, any splits etc, I trim. So I keep a watchful eye on it and trim as needed. So far I've not been satisfied with the hemline at Classic so I keep trimming back to TBL-ish and regrowing. I may do it again. It's just hair, no big loss to trim a few inches. I'm not fixated by a length goal, I had hoped to reach Classic, and I did, which is nice. But if my hair ends up not supporting such length I'll trim it back. We can't all have "cinnamon hair" ;)

plwaite16
January 14th, 2014, 06:04 AM
Beautiful! Great inspiration for someone like me to keep growing. Thanks for sharing....

Kherome
January 14th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Despite what some people will tell you, you do not have to cut your hair into a bob if it's fine/thin ;)

patienceneeded
January 14th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Very pretty!

Tini'sNewHair
January 14th, 2014, 02:48 PM
I see what you mean :) You are still very long anyway. I think that i will probably do the same because classic is my goal and i want to be there with perfect ends.

Kherome
January 14th, 2014, 04:01 PM
It doesn't really bother me to cut my hair, like it does so many here. It would bother me to cut it to say, BSL, or something all in one go. That would be a tough row to hoe. But then again, as long as I can still bun it, I'd get over it I guess. I liked my hair at WL pretty well, but I don't think I'd ever want it to be shorter than that. I'm going to TRY to get it to mid-thigh I think. Try being the operative word. If it doesn't work I think I've decided I'll just maintain at TBL/Classic-ish.

kendraf
January 14th, 2014, 04:07 PM
:agree:

your hair is absolutely lovely and definite inspiration fodder for us "shorties" above BSL.

I'm a bit obsessed with hair quality over length as well, so I can completely understand the cut back/grow cycle. I will most likely be joining you on this in the future!

Kherome
January 14th, 2014, 06:47 PM
If it works, don't change it :)

DweamGoiL
January 14th, 2014, 07:08 PM
Your hair is gorgeous and I am also a fan of quality over quantity so I understand your decision to go shorter at times. Good luck on the rest of your journey!

truepeacenik
January 14th, 2014, 10:37 PM
I am about 73" tall. (About 6'1") my hair is about 43/44" long.
My step sisters are around there, 5'11" and six feet even. They have claimed since high school that they cannot grow their hair.
Might share this with them.

It looks fantastic and healthy.
What's the appeal of hip over classic? Certain styles? Hair stick sizes? Looks?
(I'm always curious about people sane enough to not chase terminal like I do, and how they find their preferred length)

Kherome
January 15th, 2014, 05:29 AM
I've heard a lot of people claim they cannot grow their hair. You know what I've realized? They are right, they can't. Because these are usually the people who rip brushes through their hair, scrub it dry with a terry cloth towel after washing it with harsh shampoo and not conditioning well after, and curl and iron and dye their hair. Then they cut 2" off every 6 weeks because it looks bad. Yeah, gaining length is not going to happen in that case. I'm not saying your sisters are like that, but so many people have told me they "can't get their hair any longer" once it's at BSL. Usually when I ask what they do to/for their hair, it's bad. And people just don't know. They don't understand hair and lets face it, the modern cosmetology culture is to cut, iron and dye! Not teach hair health. That wouldn't be great for their bottom line anyway, if everyone started growing out their hair! Haha

Hip over Classic...It's just an easier length. I can't sit on it, which means less damage. I wear my hair up every day. I have for years. So really length, you'd think, wouldn't matter. But somehow my hair just seemed so much easier to wash, dry, braid, bun etc at hip length. And while I think knee or ankle length hair can be really pretty, I also think it can grow to be a handicap. I want long hair, but I don't want it to slow me down, or cause sore arms from trying to wrangle it into a bun or braid, or headaches from weight. (Even at ii you can get "heavy" hair at a certain length.) Basically when it stops being fun and starts being "work" it's not worth it to me. Right now it's not really "work." So I think I can stick with growing. But when it's "work" it's time for a trim. I'll find a length that works for me. There is a balance between form and function as far as hair goes. I love long hair, but only until it impedes me, you know?

Avital88
January 15th, 2014, 06:39 AM
it looks amazing,keep it for a change :)))

Kherome
January 15th, 2014, 08:44 AM
I'm trying. But if it gets yucky, it's back to the scissors! Haha

DweamGoiL
January 15th, 2014, 08:57 AM
I never reached classic...the longest was TBL, but I was getting like you mentioned headaches, it was a chore to wash it carefully, peruse products that I approved of, it took forever to dry, and I had a baby so I cut it to above my shoulders. I just couldn't deal with everything and the hair to boot. I agree it's nice to have long hair, but not if it won't let you be free to live your life the way you want.

heidi w.
January 15th, 2014, 09:08 AM
Thank you for sharing this picture. Nice hair. You're doing a great job.
I'd keep the length and not cut it back.

heidi w.

lapushka
January 15th, 2014, 09:29 AM
Hip over Classic...It's just an easier length. I can't sit on it, which means less damage. I wear my hair up every day. I have for years. So really length, you'd think, wouldn't matter. But somehow my hair just seemed so much easier to wash, dry, braid, bun etc at hip length. And while I think knee or ankle length hair can be really pretty, I also think it can grow to be a handicap. I want long hair, but I don't want it to slow me down, or cause sore arms from trying to wrangle it into a bun or braid, or headaches from weight. (Even at ii you can get "heavy" hair at a certain length.) Basically when it stops being fun and starts being "work" it's not worth it to me. Right now it's not really "work." So I think I can stick with growing. But when it's "work" it's time for a trim. I'll find a length that works for me. There is a balance between form and function as far as hair goes. I love long hair, but only until it impedes me, you know?

I getcha! I have a pretty bad disability, so my mom washes my hair for me and puts it up every day before washing me. If she says it's too long, then I'll gladly cut. She's never complained, though. The reasons I've had her cut it back was because I thought it would be easier for her... and a wash lasts less long that way, you know, so it's easier for me too.

Kherome
January 15th, 2014, 09:55 AM
Lapushka, I have a disability myself. (Ehlers Danlos) I suffer with frequent shoulder dislocations, wrist dislocations etc. As long as I can manage my hair and keep it looking nice, I will. But I am in no way beholden to it, and if it makes life worse rather than better, off it goes! :)

lapushka
January 16th, 2014, 03:24 PM
Lapushka, I have a disability myself. (Ehlers Danlos) I suffer with frequent shoulder dislocations, wrist dislocations etc. As long as I can manage my hair and keep it looking nice, I will. But I am in no way beholden to it, and if it makes life worse rather than better, off it goes! :)

Yep, I feel the same way. It has to be "liveable" so to speak. I have to be able to live with it, rather than the hair working against me. I have enough worry with the disability I have, I don't need my hair to bother me.