PDA

View Full Version : My hair is 'Normal' and I couldn't be happier!

Rio040113
January 10th, 2014, 07:42 AM
I've posted before on here about having Trich and my hair loss/re-growth, so I won't bother to repeat all that for the sake of anyone who has heard (seen?) it before. What I will say is that I've been 99.9% pull free for ~5 months now and before that I was working (hard) on cutting down/stopping slowly. I measured my ponytail circumference today and so far I've gained 0.25" of my thickness back, without even accounting for my new blunt bangs! I still have roughly 0.75" to go before I have all my hair back but for now it feels like I'm on my way and I just wanted to share with some 'hair people', Trich suffers or not, who I thought might understand my happiness :) So that's it, I'm officially (just barely) an ii again* :happydance:

*Just in case anyone takes that wrong, please know that I love all hair, be it thick or thin, i, ii or iii but the pattern that I pulled my hair out in made me look like I was balding and left my length thin in chunks, that's all.

sarahthegemini
January 10th, 2014, 07:51 AM
Wooohoo, go you! :cheese:

Saldana
January 10th, 2014, 08:18 AM
Yay!! And congratulations!!

diddiedaisy
January 10th, 2014, 08:38 AM
Congratulations. I've been there myself is I know just how hard it is to stop.

joflakes
January 10th, 2014, 08:46 AM
Awesome news! Well done. Keep up the hard work!

Decemberrose
January 10th, 2014, 08:53 AM
That sounds good! :) keep it up girl! I haven't experienced having Trich myself, but could only imagine how hard a habit that must be to leave behind.

Rio040113
January 10th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Thank you all! :flower:

ErinLeigh
January 10th, 2014, 02:15 PM
That is a huge accomplishment.
I am very very happy to read this and get to share your excitement.

Sarahlabyrinth
January 10th, 2014, 05:34 PM
That is wonderful news! I'm so happy for you, well done! :)

renia22
January 10th, 2014, 08:46 PM
Yay! That must feel great! :)

vanillabones
January 10th, 2014, 09:30 PM
Congratulations to you, that must be such a good feeling. I dream of having 'ii' hair. Mine is right on 2" and not getting any thicker. Your hair looks wonderful and I really love the hip length.

PixxieStix
January 10th, 2014, 09:38 PM
As a fellow trich member, congratulations to you on your accomplishment! :grouphug: I understand too well the ups and downs of the road trying to stop pulling, and this is HUGE, so celebrate and bask in the love of your hair! :)

Rio040113
January 11th, 2014, 03:23 AM
Thank you all so much for your incredibly kind words :grouphug:

I just wanted to add - The 0.25" gain is from new growth focused in the lower back (not quite nape) and lower sides (kind of behind my ears?) so it's made it into my ponytail fairly quickly, I have a lot of regrowth at my crown and some at my front hairline (where the vast majority was pulled from) so I have high hopes that in another 5 or 6 months I should see a nice 0.5" increase as most of the hairs should be just about nape length then! I just need all these baby hairs to keep on growing and join the family hanging out in ponytail town :lol: The growth at my crown is about 4" long now I think and there's a pretty sizable chunk of it, so I'm excited! I do have some new growth in the front but it still seems thinner than it used to be, so fingers crossed it keeps getting better :pray:

lapushka
January 11th, 2014, 05:33 AM
I just wanted to add - The 0.25" gain is from new growth focused in the lower back (not quite nape) and lower sides (kind of behind my ears?) so it's made it into my ponytail fairly quickly, I have a lot of regrowth at my crown and some at my front hairline (where the vast majority was pulled from) so I have high hopes that in another 5 or 6 months I should see a nice 0.5" increase as most of the hairs should be just about nape length then!

Yes I was wondering about that, about how after 5 months all of the hair could have made it into the ponytail, but this makes a lot of sense to me. I hope you'll get an increase in another while!

And congrats on controlling your trich! That's a *huge* accomplishment!

Rio040113
January 11th, 2014, 07:21 AM
Yes I was wondering about that, about how after 5 months all of the hair could have made it into the ponytail, but this makes a lot of sense to me. I hope you'll get an increase in another while!

And congrats on controlling your trich! That's a *huge* accomplishment!

:lol: Yeah I figured this morning that I hadn't made that bit too clear! I'm glad it makes sense though, I was stuck on how to word it best.

I lost a solid inch of my ponytails circumference in the end, the vast majority of my pulling was concentrated at the front of my head/hairline and at my crown. The bits that I messed with at the lower/back of my head haven't had very far to travel and in all honesty they were likely starting to grow before the last 5 months, so they've made it to my nape. The chunk I have at my crown is certainly growing steadily and I'm hoping it'll make a nice dent in the ~0.75" I'm still missing, when it gets longer. I'm not confident I'll get all that 0.75" back still, I've since cut in bangs, so there's those to account for, plus I don't know if the front will ever fill out properly, I'm expecting it to be a year or so before those front hairs make it to ponytail length, sigh... That is, if I don't trim them and bring them into my bangs to thicken those out :)

And thank you! I'm feeling pretty good about it right now :D

Bambi
January 11th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Congratulations!

Rio040113
January 12th, 2014, 04:50 AM
Thank you :D