PDA

View Full Version : Best heat protectant and best clarifyer?

cdonald2
January 10th, 2014, 04:03 AM
I practically never use any heat on my hair for obvious reasons, and once i do, (if hairspray is involved [which most of the time it is since my hair doesnt hold without]) i clarify then dont wash for a god long while, then i only cowash after that.

3 questions.

1. what is the most effective heat protectant you have used?

2. best clarifyer?

3. what is your regimine when using heat before during and after?

i usually dont wash the day before, i use a heat protectant and a coney serum (suave moroccan styling oil) then i use the napkin test. (i put a napkin in the curling iron and if it turns brown i turn it down until it doesnt burn the napkin [though i usually use steam rollers which i am told do not damage hair]) and then obviously what i aforementioned afterward.

Rio040113
January 10th, 2014, 07:18 AM
I practically never use any heat on my hair for obvious reasons, and once i do, (if hairspray is involved [which most of the time it is since my hair doesnt hold without]) i clarify then dont wash for a god long while, then i only cowash after that.

3 questions.

1. what is the most effective heat protectant you have used?

2. best clarifyer?

3. what is your regimine when using heat before during and after?

i usually dont wash the day before, i use a heat protectant and a coney serum (suave moroccan styling oil) then i use the napkin test. (i put a napkin in the curling iron and if it turns brown i turn it down until it doesnt burn the napkin [though i usually use steam rollers which i am told do not damage hair]) and then obviously what i aforementioned afterward.

1. I can't really answer this as I don't use heat, so therefore no need for heat protectant. Back when I did use both though I never saw any results. In all honesty I'm pretty skeptical when it comes to heat protectants.

2. When I clarify I use Joico Clarifying and Chelating shampoo, I get awesome results from it :)

3. N/A - Sorry!

ositarosita
January 10th, 2014, 07:38 AM
1) Tresemme thermal creations - doesn't leave a film or build up, leaves hair soft

2) when I clarify I use Paul Mitchell Shampoo Number 3 (clarifying)... it smells yummy and it's also chelating

3) I wash the day before (in the morning) ... clarify, followed by an INTENSE deep conditioner that I leave on for as long as possible. Let my hair air dry with NO PRODUCT, finally once my hair is 100 percent dry I apply the heat protectant and get to work.

cdonald2
January 10th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Thankyou for the answers :D very helpful!

bunnylake
January 10th, 2014, 03:12 PM
Nexxus has a great heat protectant spray. I use it before I blow dry and it's very nice. :) Sprays evenly and makes my hair shiny.
I recommend Neutrogena anti-residue shampoo for clarifying.

Firefox7275
January 11th, 2014, 02:57 AM
Best heat protectant is to ensure your hair is bone dry, turn the temperature down and keep the iron moving - see Natural Haven blog for what different temperatures do to the hair, for information on 'bubble hair' and cuticle cracking. Proven heat protectant ingredients include some polyquats, hydrolysed proteins, various humectants such as glycerin. Might be a list on the Sciencey Hairblog, the author certainly has one on the Facebook Wavy Hair Community.

Madora
January 11th, 2014, 09:09 AM
Neutrogena Anti Residue clarifying shampoo has gotten good reviews here. It really works but you need to do a conditioning treatment afterwards.

I never use heat.