PDA

View Full Version : sore scalp help!

katietyree
January 9th, 2014, 10:25 PM
My scalp is incredibly sore tonight and idk why... its litterally throbbing and giving me a headache. I havent done anything differebt today than anyother day.... my hair is clipped up, i have wore my hair like this for forever and have never had this happen... anyone know whats going on or why? This happened to anyone? Thanks

AmyBeth
January 10th, 2014, 12:19 AM
A suddenly sore scalp? I can't imagine what would cause a suddenly tender scalp. My scalp has its days, though. Some days I cannot tolerate an updo that normally doesn't bother me at all. On tender scalp days, I will usually wear a braid, or just leave it down. After a few days, my scalp seems to "heal" and then I can go back to styling as usual. you have thicker hair than I do, so maybe as it gets longer, the weight of your hair is making itself known?

ErinLeigh
January 10th, 2014, 02:17 AM
I have not had that before except from headbands and hair pulled too tight. I hope it feels better though. Just wanted to stop by and wish you well.

lapushka
January 10th, 2014, 04:27 AM
My scalp is incredibly sore tonight and idk why... its litterally throbbing and giving me a headache. I havent done anything differebt today than anyother day.... my hair is clipped up, i have wore my hair like this for forever and have never had this happen... anyone know whats going on or why? This happened to anyone? Thanks

Any other products you've used? Change in routine? Otherwise, it's just guessing for us as well as to what caused this.

katietyree
January 10th, 2014, 08:34 AM
This week i have been using a conditioning cleanser rather than regular shampoo. Also deep conditioned monday .. wear my hair in a claw clip everday... have for years. Besides using my knock off wen no difference in my normal routine. Thanks :) i appreciate it

Xylia
January 10th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Did you rub your scalp more vigorously with the conditioning cleanser than you normally do with shampoo? When I first started co-washing I had a sore scalp from massaging it in well.

lapushka
January 10th, 2014, 10:22 AM
The change in routine could definitely be it!

Kaelee
January 10th, 2014, 10:30 AM
Change in routine and also possibly the weather. My scalp doesn't like cold. Are you in one of the areas that was hit with that polar vortex?

katietyree
January 10th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Yes i did have to rub a little harder than usual to cleanse my scalp... i am thinking that is why... maybe after a few uses i will adjust thanks all

Firefox7275
January 11th, 2014, 03:28 AM
You shouldn't need to massage hard if you use plenty of product and do a short soak. Could you be allergic to the product?

ErinLeigh
January 11th, 2014, 07:22 AM
Did you rub your scalp more vigorously with the conditioning cleanser than you normally do with shampoo? When I first started co-washing I had a sore scalp from massaging it in well.

There have been many reviews in wen from people who had dramatic shedding from it. There are 2 ingredients that may cause shedding and sensitivity to some
I will look up the ingredients if you want as I can't think straight after my 14hr shift :)

anyway, just wonder if you have a sensitivity to some chemicals in the wen. I was thrown by first post that said no changes to routine. Starting wen if definitely a change. Some people just have scalps that don't take kindly to certain changes.

Try using an old tried and true product and see if it goes away perhaps.

I have the knock off wens in my collection. . Hair one from Sally's and walgreens version called REN. I wasn't too impressed and felt I shed more when using and scalp didn't feel rinsed enough. Some swear by the stuff though. If you love the co cleansers idea but you find it WAS the wen causing issue, loreal makes one now also.