PDA

View Full Version : Intriguing natural hairwashing method!

eira
January 9th, 2014, 05:44 PM
So, I watched a documentary some days ago. It was a French woman travelling through India, and a part of this journey concerned a very remote village in the forests near the Indian border to Burma.

The women of this village all had long, beautiful and shiny black hair.

Their washing method? River water and a plant which they called "pho". I believe the village was named Nyan Nhyan or something similar.

Does anyone have an idea of what kind of plant this may be? I have googled but can't find anything.

The French documentary woman said as she let her hand go through a woman's hair that is was incredibly smooth, so it certainly seemed to be a good method.

ositarosita
January 9th, 2014, 05:57 PM
what was the name of the documentary??

eira
January 9th, 2014, 06:32 PM
http://vimeo.com/59166590

That is only the trailer, I can't find the entire documentary other than on a Swedish website.

truepeacenik
January 9th, 2014, 10:15 PM
I recall something called aritha being used from a book.

ejking2
January 9th, 2014, 10:26 PM
I also thought it might be aritha aka soapnuts, but I really don't know.

eira
January 9th, 2014, 10:51 PM
They had a knife which they used to scratch off pieces to massage into their hair. The plant was rather large.

lapushka
January 10th, 2014, 05:23 AM
It's not aloe vera by any chance, is it?

eira
January 11th, 2014, 10:28 AM
It's not aloe vera by any chance, is it?

The plant did not look "cactus"-like at all. More like an ordinary plant.

samanthaj08
January 11th, 2014, 12:51 PM
My boyfriend is Indian :) I'll ask him when he wakes up (stupid time zone differences, it's like 1am there. boo)

eira
January 13th, 2014, 12:25 PM
My boyfriend is Indian :) I'll ask him when he wakes up (stupid time zone differences, it's like 1am there. boo)

Waiting eagerly! :cheer: