PDA

View Full Version : workouts for hairgrowth

MissPetite2010
January 9th, 2014, 12:25 AM
Not sure if this has been posted in another thread, but have read reviews online that workouts/exercise helps with hair growth because of blood circulation. I've been working out for almost a yr. I guess you could say it boosted hair growth some, then without exercise. Have you guys tried this, and has it worked for you?

Tota
January 9th, 2014, 02:14 AM
I've been working out for a year and a half, running, hiking, weightlifting, HIIT training and yes, I do think my hair is growing a bit faster and even looks a bit better than before. Not just hair, my nails also grow faster, which is something I'm not so happy about. Exercise is really good for us in so many ways ... I just wish I knew that sooner than at the end of my twenties ;)

fairhairedthing
January 9th, 2014, 09:56 AM
I lift fairly intensely and do a high rep (30 rep per set+) warm up series with 15 lb free weights every morning before cardio/core strength stuff. Ever since I worked up that routine, I've noticed improvements in not only my hair growth but healing faster when injured, bruising less easily, more stamina, and more energy. You don't have to go super super intense. The results started as soon as I made improvements to my workout lifestyle, right away.

MissPetite2010
January 9th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Awesome, so overall it helps inside and out, and possibly faster hairgrowth on top of it. I've maintained my goal weight, for about 5 months now. I had my hair chopped off to my shoulders back in august, and I believe it was 19.5 or 20 at the time, after i had it cut, and its almost 24 now. So on average if hair grows 1/2 an inch per month. Then I believe this was a bit faster due to exercise, and eating right. I began taking vitamins over the weekend, so hopefully those will help too. :)

owly
January 9th, 2014, 11:38 AM
I've just started yoga, and I'm wondering if it will help, too. Unfortunately I do not keep track of my average monthly hair growth; I fear I might get the placebo effect. :p

MissPetite2010
January 9th, 2014, 11:47 AM
I've just started yoga, and I'm wondering if it will help, too. Unfortunately I do not keep track of my average monthly hair growth; I fear I might get the placebo effect. :p

I actually bought a yoga dvd, haven't used it lately. But, it's very relaxing. One of the breathing/relaxing techniques, I learned while watching, I use to help me fall asleep. It's calming. I have quite a few workout vids, some I haven't even used yet. But good luck with the yoga and the hair growth. :)

Lyv
January 9th, 2014, 12:10 PM
I think it probably would help hair growth if you're more sedentary and then start exercising but if you're already active I'm not sure you would see a visible boost but doing everything you're doing now you'll probably at least grow healthier hair!