PDA

View Full Version : Joyce from RHOBH

ErinLeigh
January 8th, 2014, 07:10 PM
I saw a commercial for Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
There is a woman Joyce Giraud on there who's hair seems sooooo long and gorgeous.
something struck me
Her hair is barely TBL. It reminds me just how long classic length really is! I mean when I saw her hair I thought it was super duper long, And it is, but many here are that length or longer so wow. You girls with long hair must get a ton of attention when its down. She mentioned strangers constantly touching her hair to see if it is real.

I googled her and she said her favorite hair tips are..
don't too too much to hair, less is more.
she uses a secret formula family recipe hair mask twice a month
she never ever washes hair more than once a week
she said you can train your hair, it has memory - so she feels you can get it to do what it needs to do with consistancy
she damp buns a night after weekly washing for her waves, then i think she dry buns at night rest of time, but I wasn't 100% sure, I missed that part.
she never ever brushes the canopy. Just the underside once a week and for that she uses a tangle teezer
for lift she teases the roots of the crown very very lightly

I wish I knew her hair type. It seems thick and I am amazed she did not mention tangling issues. Her hair is stunning that is for sure.

Hairitic
January 9th, 2014, 08:49 AM
I'm not familiar with her or the show but it almost sounds like she's been hanging around TLHC :applause

Caldonia Sun
January 9th, 2014, 08:55 AM
Her hair is drop-dead gorgeous.

EvelynMay
January 9th, 2014, 08:58 AM
I'm assuming canopy means the "outside" of hair? Is there a benefit to not brushing that, and only the underside? I realize i do this but for seemingly different reasons... i brush the canopy like normal the day i wash my hair, but the subsequent days i flip my hair over and only brush the underside to not have my hair get too greasy looking at the hairline and my part. Are there other benefits?

fairhairedthing
January 9th, 2014, 09:52 AM
EvelynMay, perhaps it is because the "canopy" sustains the most elemental damage since it's an unprotected layer, i.e. more wind damage, sleeping on it, subconscious hand stroking, etc? That's what comes to my mind.

millyaulait
January 9th, 2014, 10:04 AM
I thought Kyle's hair was really nice too until I realised it was mostly extensions, but it's always really shiny and glossy regardless.

Joyce's hair is so beautiful, thick, glossy and has a lovely texture. It's pretty cool to see a 'celeb' with healthy hair & haircare habits! :)

ErinLeigh
January 9th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Kyle wears extensions???!!! Gah she always bragged about her hair

RedNymph
January 9th, 2014, 11:54 AM
I think it's all natural. But Brandi once went on this tirade about her about Joyce's weaves and extensions. I wouldn't call Brandi a great source of information though.