PDA

View Full Version : BSL by Christmas 2014

oatmealpie
January 8th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Anyone else hoping to grow to BSL (bra strap length) by Christmas of 2014? Grow with me! Let's support each other.

My hair is currently just past my shoulders at 21". APL on me is 23", and BSL is 25". I've been growing about 3/4" per month, but assuming a more conservative 1/2" per month and one or two trims I hope to just graze BSL by Halloween and be solidly BSL by Christmas.

What's your current length and strategy?

Liz_park
January 8th, 2014, 05:13 PM
Count me in! It would be such a nice Christmas present to have BSL hair by next Christmas!

I am about an inch or so away from APL after my most recent trim in December. I have been trimming 1 inch every 4 months to gradually remove my layers so I am hoping for a solid APL by May. I have been exercising regularly, eating plenty of lean healthy protein, I take biotin, MSM, and a multivitamin and eat lots of veggies. I've eliminated heat styling and have been keeping my hair up as much as possible. I also do weekly overnight coconut oil soaks and weekly SMTs to keep my hair soft. I detangle with a wide tooth comb in the shower. I think next I'm going to get some satin or silk pillowcases or maybe a sleep cap.

I think ultimately I would love waist length hair. I have never really been past APL so I will be so excited if I get to BSL at all!

browneyedsusan
January 9th, 2014, 05:28 AM
I should make it.
I'm past APL, and grow a steady 1/2" per month. Even it I have to trim some splits--they're starting to appear now--it should be doable. This year, I'm going to try to wear it up more in buns. I think all the accent braids and elastics contributed to the splits. Buns 4 or 5 days a week, maybe?

Avis
January 9th, 2014, 08:00 PM
Count me in! I've determined that I should be at a nice solid BSL (not a "can I call this BSL?") by Christmas this year and I may even have some trimming wiggle room. I haven't measured my hair with a tape measure (mostly because I know I'll become obsessed more by the numbers than the actual progress) but my shortest layer is about an inch away from joining the rest of my hair at APL.

Arwenlily
January 9th, 2014, 08:26 PM
I would actually like to reach MBL but a little past BSL would be great too. I'm currently at APL or 22" for me and I'd like to reach somewhere between 28-30". If I grow at least .5" each month, I should reach the lower end of my goal by January 2015. But if I grow more than .5" then who knows, maybe more :)

0xalis
January 9th, 2014, 11:55 PM
Hello friends, I am here! :D I should actually be getting into MBL territory by the end of this year, which is SUPER exciting!

Avis
January 10th, 2014, 04:37 PM
Out of curiosity, what kind of styles do you typically do with APL? I feel like I've exhausted most of the styles that I can do with this length (French twist, bun, tails up, French/Dutch braid) and I'm having trouble finding new styles I can do with my length. The layers I have make me feel like my hair is shorter than it actually is when it falls out of certain styles ( :doh: remind me why I got layers again?). Any new styles would be greatly appreciated. :)

Sterlyn
January 13th, 2014, 11:34 AM
I think I might be able to make this, if not I should be darn close. My hair right now is 19" stretched, APL is about 20.5", bottom of my bra is 25.5". I should hit this at least stretched and if I get really awesome growth, who knows I may make it wavy and unstretched too. :)

I am practicing benign neglect this year and no trims for 2014.

Rebecka
February 1st, 2014, 01:50 AM
Count me in!

Out of curiosity, what kind of styles do you typically do with APL? I feel like I've exhausted most of the styles that I can do with this length (French twist, bun, tails up, French/Dutch braid) and I'm having trouble finding new styles I can do with my length. The layers I have make me feel like my hair is shorter than it actually is when it falls out of certain styles ( :doh: remind me why I got layers again?). Any new styles would be greatly appreciated. :)

I think apl is the best length for pony tails, it always looks good!

keyblade
February 1st, 2014, 02:05 AM
I finally hit BSL this month! :3

SouthernSweetie
February 1st, 2014, 01:15 PM
I hope to be BSL by Christmas! That would be wonderful. I've been getting regular trims, but I hope to spread them out a little more over this next year! If my hair grows at least half an inch each month, I should make it! I'm very close to APL right now, and BSL is only a few more inches away! AHH. I would be soo happy if that was my Christmas present!

ETA: BSL will be the longest my hair has been in my adult life! :o

LanaBanana
February 1st, 2014, 03:08 PM
Count me in! I just measured my hair today, and I'm at 22 inches stretched, which is APL on me. Bottom of my bra strap is 26.5 inches, so I should be able to get there this year by December! I used to wear my hair up everyday in elastics, which was causing it to break off as it grew. But since the beginning of January I stopped using hair ties and learned buns with hair sticks. I measured a half inch of growth since January 10th, which is a HUGE improvement for me! I've never had my hair past APL so the next few months will be really exciting for me if it keeps growing. I'm doing all my measurements and body markers at stretched length. I know some people think that's wrong, but my hair gets tighter curls the longer it gets so it would never seem like it's growing if I measured curly!

For APL updos, I find that the lazy wrap bun works well for*me, held with a stick. As long as I don't twist it, I have enough hair to wrap around, and it stays secure all day!

palaeoqueen
March 1st, 2014, 11:54 AM
I'm in! Though I'm growing to MBL rather than BSL because I don't like BSL as a marker, I hope I'm still allowed to play :D

Mid-back for me is 27.5" and I am currently at 24". I grow a fairly steady 0.5" per month but I do need to trim every 2-3 months due to bleach damaged ends so I'm going to have to balance trims and growing carefully if I want to hit MBL by the end of the year. All else being equal I should be able to trim up to 1.5" this year and still make it so here goes.

ceruleansky
March 3rd, 2014, 09:10 AM
I am somewhere between shoulder and armpit length. I should be able to hit BSL this year too.

CremeTron
March 3rd, 2014, 10:11 AM
Hi! I would like to join. I am between shoulder and APL and my goal is to hit BSL (stretched)by November 2014 in time for my birthday but Christmas gives me more time anyway. My hair seems to grow 1/4 inch in the fringe (bangs) and crown area and 1/2 an inch everywhere else a month. So I can make it I think- at least my longest layers!!!

I have had my hair flat ironed for the first time in 3 years to check the length as it appears chin level when in it's natural state. I colour my hair so it is thin on the ends but hopefully I can get healthier, thicker hair in the process.

My regime is just to COwash every other day and I use coconut oil and a bit of gel on wet hair. I need to work on drinking water and taking more exercise.

Remi
March 3rd, 2014, 10:19 AM
Yes, I will join too! Right now I am at 22" and my strap is about 26". I hope to make to to that goal by Christmas, if not longer. It was at 17" in July '13.

ReneeG
March 3rd, 2014, 10:35 AM
I'm in!! I'm at APL right now at 24", and BSL is 27". I'm slowly trimming out old color/bleach damage so including trims with a solid 1/2" a month, Christmas sounds about right!

Stray_mind
March 3rd, 2014, 12:39 PM
I'm in. I should reach APL by summer and the distance between APL and BSL is really not that big in my body, just a couple of inches, so i should make it if everything will be allright with my hair.

christiansummer
March 3rd, 2014, 11:35 PM
I'm in!
I'm at APL right now, which is 23" and BSL is 27". I just gave myself a trim last month for the first time since having really short hair. I'm really happy with the way it turned out, even if the U is a little deeper than I wanted. I'm not going to trim for the rest of the year so I'm hoping to be an inch past BSL by Christmas.

Quasiquixotic
March 4th, 2014, 12:12 AM
So this is a stretch goal, but I'm hoping for a BSL Christmas present :)

I'm 18" as of march 1st. So I got about an inch in February! If I figure .75 inches a month I should get 7.5 more inches this year putting me solidly BSL at 25.5"

Let's see if I'm way off base ;)

hanne jensen
March 4th, 2014, 02:31 AM
It's doable for me as I'm only 5 cm from BSL now. In July I'ĝll have a 2 cm trim. Even so, I think I can make it.

ReneeG
September 23rd, 2014, 09:28 AM
I'm so close!! Its touching the bra strap, just waiting until it covers it and touches the bottom of the strap to call it. My growth spreadsheet says that I should hit BSL mid October and I believe it :) keep going ladies!!

oatmealpie
September 23rd, 2014, 10:49 AM
Congrats, ReneeG!

I'm pretty sure I won't make it. BSL on me is about 27", and I'm currently 24.5". I had to trim about 0.75" in July, my first cut since May 2013. I think my new updated goal is BSL by my birthday in February.

ReneeG
September 23rd, 2014, 08:13 PM
Congrats, ReneeG!

I'm pretty sure I won't make it. BSL on me is about 27", and I'm currently 24.5". I had to trim about 0.75" in July, my first cut since May 2013. I think my new updated goal is BSL by my birthday in February.

That's a good goal at least, think how awesome it would be to have all that gorgeous hair as an extra birthday gift to yourself :)

divinedobbie
September 23rd, 2014, 08:37 PM
I'm in!

I've been trimming so much this year. Every 4 months I've been so close to hitting BSL and I've trimmed 2 inches to go back to where I've started. I'm currently at 26" which is top of bra strap on me, this is normally when I'd trim another two inches off but this time I'm really holding off. BSL is 27" so I should easily cover the bottom of the strap at the beginning of December, and be at solid BSL by christmas even with a tiny trim.

hanne jensen
September 28th, 2014, 11:26 AM
It's doable for me as I'm only 5 cm from BSL now. In July I'ĝll have a 2 cm trim. Even so, I think I can make it.

Something strange and wonderful happened. I reached BSL 3 weeks ago.

divinedobbie
September 28th, 2014, 02:22 PM

Congratulations! That must be a great feeling.

lapushka
September 28th, 2014, 02:23 PM

Congrats! :D

hanne jensen
September 29th, 2014, 01:47 AM
Thanks! I'm not trimming or dusting anymore, just adjusting my hemline for gallopers. I don't even S&D. I'm hoping for waist by the end of 2015.

Gertrude
September 29th, 2014, 04:46 AM
Congratulations Hanne Jensen (-: Wonderful achievement and well before Christmas.

I am at BSL but want mid back which is 28 inches on me, so I should stand a good chance. One 0.5 inch trim coming up November, so should be able to get the inch and a bit required by December. My hair doesn't grow very fast, the very average just under a centimetre a month and does need trimming as well, I wear my fine hair down at least two days a week. It's my thing and not giving it up even though wearing it up the other days is paying dividends (-;

Wosie
September 29th, 2014, 05:03 AM
divinedobbie, Is the picture in your signature new? If so, you surely must be past BSL already? It looks like BSL+ to me!

We're length buddies, my hair is also 26" long (mwell, back when I last measured it, September 1st) and I'm touching top of BSL. :) 27,6" is when I will count my hair as BSL.

(It's different from bra to bra, though, which is a tad irksome!)

Sammie_holms
September 29th, 2014, 05:17 AM
I'm pretty sure I will hit BSL before Christmas but I have another trim before then... Hopefully!

ReneeG
October 1st, 2014, 02:16 PM
Just posted this in the APL to BSL thread, but can I call this BSL??

http://i61.tinypic.com/33p3f5k.jpg

Sparklylady82
October 1st, 2014, 04:37 PM
Just posted this in the APL to BSL thread, but can I call this BSL??

http://i61.tinypic.com/33p3f5k.jpg

Looks BSL to me!! Congratulations!!'

lapushka
October 2nd, 2014, 04:22 PM
Looks BSL to me!! Congratulations!!'

Yes, I agree! :)
Congrats.

Torily
October 2nd, 2014, 09:28 PM
I should be BSL by Christmas.

ReneeG
October 2nd, 2014, 11:02 PM
Yes, I agree! :)
Congrats.

Thank you both! I hope that you reach your goals sooner rather than later, and hope to see you all soon in the next length thread :) happy growing :disco:

DancingQueen
October 4th, 2014, 06:17 AM
I might actually have a shot at reaching BSL for christmas this year (counting chrismas as the 24th). That only took me 5 years from chin. Seriously, I think I have the slowest growing hair on the planet!

My 'strategy' is simply growing, and trying to keep it healthy - as much as I want it long, health means more. I am due for a trim before christmas - but I hope it doesn't need that much off. Good luck to everyone! :)

divinedobbie
October 4th, 2014, 08:52 PM
I just trimmed half an inch so I'm just barely at 25.5" now (BSL=27") so I probably wont make it to BSL for christmas but I should be there for new years!