PDA

View Full Version : MSM and insomnia

diddiedaisy
January 5th, 2014, 08:16 PM
hi all, I've been taking msm 1000mg for nearly 2 weeks and it's giving me insomnia I take it early in the morning but that doesn't seem to help. I'm soooo tired. I think I'll finish these tablets I've got and if the insomnia is persisting I think I'll stop taking them.

Has as anyone else had this problem? Is my dosage too high?

slynr
January 5th, 2014, 08:20 PM
I had the same problem at first but not now. I can't remember how long it took to resolve unfortunately. I started with 500 mg and worked up to 3000mg but now do powder not capsule.

blue_eyes
January 6th, 2014, 12:04 AM
Wow I never linked MSM to insomnia! I take 2000 mgs (capsules) and usually I sleep really well, but I have had periods of insomnia, so perhaps that was the reason. I hope your insomnia disappears soon.

jacqueline101
January 6th, 2014, 03:42 AM
I've taken man for a year and never had insomnia from it.

Firefox7275
January 6th, 2014, 07:26 AM
If you are suffering side effects then either the supplement or the dose is not for you. Put your health before your visual appearance: insomnia is detrimental to every tissue and organ in the body, you don't even utilise nutrients normally.

duchess67
January 6th, 2014, 09:36 AM
I didn't have insomnia while taking 1000 mg MSM but suffered from terrible headaches, so stopped. I should have started from 500 mg and slowly increased the dosage.

swearnsue
January 6th, 2014, 10:19 AM
I would stop taking them now and see if the insomnia improves instead of waiting until you finish the bottle!

Llama
January 6th, 2014, 02:51 PM
I would stop taking them now and see if the insomnia improves instead of waiting until you finish the bottle!

I second this. :)

diddiedaisy
January 6th, 2014, 03:57 PM
I haven't taken my tablet this morning so I hope to sleep tonight. I shall report back tomorrow.

If it is the msm I may get a lower dose and build myself up. I also wondered if I should have maybe drank more water.

diddiedaisy
January 6th, 2014, 04:13 PM
I haven't taken my tablet this morning so I hope to sleep tonight. I shall report back tomorrow.

If it is the msm I may get a lower dose and build myself up. I also wondered if I should have maybe drank more water.

WilfredAllen
January 6th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Just stop taking it now. It's not worth it.

diddiedaisy
January 8th, 2014, 02:19 AM
Just a quick update. After stopping msm 2 days ago my insomnia is going. Not quite back to normal but I think I will be over the next couple of days.

I am going to try it again in a couple of weeks on a lower dose as I have seen other health benefits. An injury from September on my hip stopped hurting and my neck which I have problems stopped giving me trouble.

Hopefully I will be able to find a balance.

Hairitic
January 8th, 2014, 07:49 AM
I took well over 1000 mg for over 6 mos awhile back. I don't recall have problems with sleep however, it didn't do anything for my gowth rate either :mad:

diddiedaisy
January 15th, 2014, 07:59 AM
Well I stopped the msm tablets and started on a lower dose of 500mg.

A week later no insomnia. Very pleased about this as I got other benefits from them.

Does anyone know how long you should take a certain mg for before building up, as I do want to get back up to 1000mg.

slynr
January 15th, 2014, 08:01 AM
I went about a month between increases.

diddiedaisy
January 15th, 2014, 11:24 AM
I went about a month between increases.

Thanks for replying