PDA

View Full Version : What can I use all this Suave for...?

Nadine <3
January 5th, 2014, 08:05 PM
A few months ago I started CO washing. LOVED it, stocked up on all the different suave scents and rotated them. My hair was really happy, but after a few months, my scalp threw a fit. My hair was falling out in clumps and I was itchy! I tried clarifying, and then going back to my CO, but my scalp was just not happy with the conditioner on my scalp anymore. I switched over to an all natural organic shampoo and conditioner and my hair stopped falling out and my scalp was happy again. Now I have a ton of Suave left. I kid you not, I have a plastic tote filled with at least 20 suave conditioners. Most of them being my favorite "everlasting sunshine" scent. What the heck can I use all of this conditioner for? I was thinking diluting it and making some sort of leave in conditioner spray since I have bed head something fierce and braids still fall out of my layered hair and end us a tangled mess. Can I do that, or is that a no no? Anymore ideas? :confused:

schnibbles
January 5th, 2014, 08:11 PM
Use it instead of shaving cream to shave your legs?
Donate it to a women's shelter?
If you keep it away from your scalp and just use it on your length does that work ok? So, meaning, wash with whatever shampoo and use the suave condish?

katiebeans
January 5th, 2014, 08:11 PM
Use it to shave! I don't use conditioner in my hair but it is so much cheaper than shaving creams and makes my legs SO soft. No kidding.

BambooBeauty
January 5th, 2014, 08:15 PM
I would use it as a shaving cream, or as a body conditioner. After you wash your body smooth it on your body then rinse off. I also use conditioner I don't like for my makeup brushes. After I've washed them I smooth a little conditioner on them to make the bristles soft, then rinse. Or you could condition the ends of your hair before you wash.

Anje
January 5th, 2014, 08:18 PM
You could try using it but keeping it off your scalp. Conditioner spray would work too, but don't make up a huge amount at a time.

If I were near you, I'd take it off your hands. My hair loves the stuff.

PraiseCheeses
January 5th, 2014, 08:21 PM
Depending on how sensitive you are to it, you could use it to wash delicates. It might not be as bad as having it directly on your skin. Given how your scalp freaked out, patch test if you plan to shave with it. :flower:

Donating it to a woman's shelter is a terrific idea! They (sadly) typically can't accept anything that's been opened, so that would be a real bonanza for them.

I wonder if there was a formula change that made your scalp throw a fit? Glad to hear you've found something that works. :)

Nadine <3
January 5th, 2014, 08:29 PM
I've been using an epilator for close to 5 years, so I have virtually no hair to shave off... Maybe I'll try and get my roommate to CO wash and see if it works for her. Her hair needs all the moisture it can get since she bleaches the ends and dyes them fun colors. If she won't I will donate to the woman shelter I used to live in. :o

Kaelee
January 5th, 2014, 08:45 PM
Use it on your hair but not your scalp?

I give away hair products that don't work for me all the time. :laugh: My coworkers love me. I figure as long as it gets used by someone, it's not a waste and I frequently give away almost full bottles of things that I tried once or twice or for a week and decided...nah...don't like this.

Raven Mop
January 6th, 2014, 01:00 AM
I had some yummy smelling conditioner that I wanted to scent my clothes with so I found a homemade fabric softener recipe. My clothes don't smell like the mango mint scent I was after but my towels are oh so soft now.

jacqueline101
January 6th, 2014, 03:39 AM
Id buy the shampoo that matches use the shampoo to wash the scalp and condition the ends, use it shave with, clean brushes, and if you still can't use it donate it to a charity. You might try the swap board here.

LadyCelestina
January 6th, 2014, 04:19 AM
Clean the furniture with it.No seriously.It works,it's gentle and smells lovely.I don't use it for old wardrobes,but for tables or in the kitchen,it works great.

swearnsue
January 6th, 2014, 02:34 PM
If you have dogs you can use it as a conditioner on their fur after a bath.

truepeacenik
January 6th, 2014, 02:36 PM
Swap board
Homeless shelters/teen shelters
Offer it in a yard sale
Pawn off...er,.. Offer it to friends and family

SoulOfTheSea
January 6th, 2014, 02:46 PM
You could use it to make deep conditioning treatments such as SMTs, use it to CWC wash if you haven't tried that yet (it has done WONDERS for my hair), you can put some in your hair to protect it while you swim in a pool or at the beach, I've seen tutorials on how to make air freshener with it, you can even make laundry softener!

OurAtronach
January 6th, 2014, 03:46 PM
If you're just trying to get the Suave off your hands, you should probably return it. They have a satisfaction guarantee and I'm pretty sure this situation applies. Just my :twocents:

Hele
January 6th, 2014, 06:24 PM
aww, "everlasting sunshine" is just so HAPPY smelling! It's in my shower right now in fact. As for your bad reaction, if any conditioner or oil gets on my scalp it absolutely freaks out. It'll get real sore and itchy and doesn't calm down for days afterward. My hair loves conditioner, i just have to be careful how far up i go with it! Since it worked for you before i'd say try it again, just don't apply to scalp.

embee
January 6th, 2014, 06:41 PM
If you have woolen scarves or winter hats, you can use conditioner to wash them. Very gentle and doesn't dry out the wool.

katiebeans
January 6th, 2014, 06:45 PM
If they are opened and a shelter won't accept them, you can try putting an ad up on craigslist or freecycle.