PDA

View Full Version : Considering indigo black under layer with henna red on top! Help!!

CRX<3
January 5th, 2014, 09:57 AM
This idea suddenly struck my mind!! :bigeyes:
Does anyone have pictures of this to prove it's a good/bad idea?
Googled around for pictures but all i could find was on blue-ish black under layers on neon red hair..

Please help decide, or the seductive indigo in my closet will have it's will!! :eyebrows:

walterSCAN
January 5th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Sounds like a great idea to me, although it could get really messy during the process of dyeing... If you like henna red and like indigo black, I'd say go for it! ...just keep in mind how very permanent henna is, of course. If you decide you want all one color you may have to go dark all over as I doubt you could cover indigo black with straight henna. (Though you might be able to fade the black and tone it a little with henna.)

CRX<3
January 5th, 2014, 12:01 PM
I already have a burgundy henna color so the permanence is there, and i love it, but sometimes you just want a little change and just for the fun of whipping up some smelly mud:) but maybe only one 100 % indigo treatment would still have a red glow? Oh i hope someone have a picture of it!

tbonita
January 5th, 2014, 06:17 PM
I don't have a pic but it sounds fun and not that hard; if you already have the henna base you can just indigo over the bottom section; do you WANT the red to show through the black or no? Because last time I used indigo it turned straight black... There was no red glow. This time I wanted dark brown with a red show-through so I did less indigo, less time. But as the other poster mentioned, if you grow tired of the 2-tone, all black hair (permanent black hair that can't be bleached) will be your only option... I personally think its a really cool idea though!! :)

CRX<3
January 6th, 2014, 02:17 AM
Thank you for the advices! a long night sleep cleared my most probably coffee induced indigo crave :crazyq: i guess i will stay just red for now :)

tbonita
January 6th, 2014, 06:32 AM
Thank you for the advices! a long night sleep cleared my most probably coffee induced indigo crave :crazyq: i guess i will stay just red for now :)

Haha I know those cravings all too well; many a hair disaster at 1 am has led me to this site in the first place... ;)