PDA

View Full Version : Anne Hathaway's waist length hair in the movie Elle Enchanted- Was it real?

Dreamkitty
January 5th, 2014, 07:19 AM
I was watching the movie "Ella Enchanted". Anne Hathaway has lovely hair naturally and she had long hair before but Im wondering was her waist length hair in the movie real or was it extensions? either way it was beautiful princess hair.

Cania
January 5th, 2014, 07:30 AM
No idea if it is real or not, but isn't it funny that it doesn't strike me as princess hair? Seems like the longer your hair gets, the narrower your definition of "long" :P Pretty, though!

Valkyriejae
January 5th, 2014, 08:00 AM
It looks real to me - plus she did that movie 3 years after princess diaries(where her hair also looks real) and it seems like a reasonable amount of growth for that timespan. Also, at that point in her career she was still playing the ingenue/princess characters, so it made sense for her to grow her hair long, rather than keep it short and rely on extensions to change it up for a variety of roles.

ladyfey
January 5th, 2014, 08:10 AM
The commentary on the DVD says that she had extensions

Chiquita Banana
January 5th, 2014, 08:19 AM
Sadly, I think they were extensions. I don't think most movie stars would have the patience to grow their hair long and keep it healthy. I love Anne Hathaway though... and now I want to go watch that movie!

sarahthegemini
January 5th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Anne Hathaway :love:

Angelica
January 5th, 2014, 09:55 AM
She did have long hair though. She had never had it short before Les Miserables and she cried when it was cut off, I read that in an interview in a magazine. I think it wrong to assume that all actresses and models wear extensions. It depends on the role they are playing.

moon2dove
January 5th, 2014, 11:16 AM
I was wondering if they were extensions too. Thought her hair looked too perfect and thicker than I'd seen it in other work she's done! Still, it did look nice. :)

The commentary on the DVD says that she had extensions

farmlass
January 6th, 2014, 03:43 AM
Others have confirmed it's extensions, but I'm pretty sure it was all her hair in Princess Diaries? I seem to remember reading something about auditions for it, the directors daughter was watching the auditions back with him and loved her hair, plus she apparently fell off her chair during the audition, making her perfect for the clumsy Mia.