PDA

View Full Version : Coconut Oil Capsules

kristin4290
January 4th, 2014, 08:28 PM
I have been taking coconut oil capsules for awhile now, and I never really thought about breaking a capsule to put in my hair until just now- it's much easier than digging out the coconut oil from a jar and its just the right amount to put in your hair to not make it too greasy-plus it's already liquified. Does anyone else take coconut oil capsules and break them to put into your hair?

mamaherrera
January 4th, 2014, 09:56 PM
I hate coconut oil and I wanted to take them for health reasons, but I was told I'd have to take tons of them to get enough amount of coconut oil in my body. As for hair, I don't see why not,!

curls2grow
January 5th, 2014, 05:49 AM
I have been taking coconut oil capsules for awhile now, and I never really thought about breaking a capsule to put in my hair until just now- it's much easier than digging out the coconut oil from a jar and its just the right amount to put in your hair to not make it too greasy-plus it's already liquified. Does anyone else take coconut oil capsules and break them to put into your hair?

What brand/dose of cno capsules are you taking? I didn't know it was available in capsule form. I've read about people taking a spoonful per day as a supplement, but I don't think I could manage that.

Firefox7275
January 5th, 2014, 09:35 AM
How are the capsules already liquified, are you sure that is unadulterated coconut oil (rich in saturated lauric acid which is solid at many room temperatures) and not fractionated coconut oil (some of the lauric acid removed changing the fatty acid balance)?

monsoonstorm
January 5th, 2014, 12:14 PM
given the price difference, you'd be better off sticking with just jars of coconut oil. I find the capsules are rather pointless (unless you want the benefits of coconut oil but can't stand the taste), and stupidly expensive for the amount of oil they actually contain. Also, as someone else mentioned, I've never noticed the capsules hardening, which makes me wonder what else is in them...

I used to make my own little coconut goodies with chocolate moulds, put some nuts/dried fruit in and top up with oil, then put them in the fridge, can eat them like chocolates ;-)

As for hair, surely it's easier to just scrape a tiny bit off and warm it in your hands than it is to faff about with a capsule?

PixxieStix
January 5th, 2014, 01:41 PM
I have not tried that, as I have a giant jar of CO, and a small 2oz jar I keep in the bathroom for hair and face use, and just wash and fill it up as needed. :)

I looked at the capsules to see if they would be easier than eating straight CO, but they are so much more expensive! It does make the commitment much easier though.

Skade
January 5th, 2014, 01:58 PM
I prefer to take it from a jar. Cheaper and I think it is easier to check the quality of the coconut oil that way.