PDA

View Full Version : Ombre

kristin4290
January 4th, 2014, 08:01 PM
Hey Ladies,

I have been doing a bleach out every month on my hair and I am getting bored with it. I also want something more low maintenance and healthier for my hair so I am thinking about doing ombre. Dark on top (to match close with my roots) and gradually get lighter blonde towards the mid-bottom. What are your thoughts on ombre? Is this style in or out? I don't want to go totally dark but I know this bleach isn't good for growing out my hair :(

HylianGirl
January 4th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Well, I see a lot of people with ombré hair arround where I live, so if you're worried if it's still in, at least where i live it is xD I'm not someone to follow trends, if you like ombré, go for it! It is indeed lower maintenance and it's a nice change since you don't want to go full dark. Make sure to either go to some place that knows what it is doing, or if you are going to do it yourself be careful, an ombré that has a harsh demarcation line isn't that nice.

blue_eyes
January 4th, 2014, 08:25 PM
Yup ombre is still in right now! I think it's very pretty, low maintenance, and such a great way to grow out your hair!

ExpectoPatronum
January 4th, 2014, 10:08 PM
If you're worried about it being in, try not doing such a drastic difference between the top and the bottom, that way it looks natural. I think it's still in though. My cousin did an ombre with the top being black fading it to a very bright hot red color. It looked really good! I think ombre is a good way to still have fun with colors while waiting to grow out your hair.

hairpleasegrow
January 4th, 2014, 10:17 PM
I say try the ombre, but don't use dyes if possible. try to just grow out and see what your natural looks like against your lighter ends. i say this because that is what i am trying right now. i believe style and fashion is whatever you feel like, as long as you have the confidence to rock it then it is in style. that said there are many ombre hair kits in stores right now as it is "on trend" right now. drew barrymore did an awesome ombre (with the red tones someone was talking about) not too long ago and she wore deep red lipstick it looked so nice.