PDA

View Full Version : My honey lightening results! Slightly different recipe...

darkrose
January 4th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Hi! Just to start I can't upload pictures so I'll give a lengthy description.
So, I decided to do honey lightening. My hair is a natural blonde, and this is the recipe I used
24 TBS of sainsbury's basic still water ( not destilled)
4 TBS of Acacai Honey (from a shop called tiger)
1 TBS of cardamom ( bought in the pod form, with just opened pods)
1 TBS of crushed cardamom ( took me aggggeeeeesss to crush it, but worth it :)
i mixed this all together and shook the mixture gently. I let the mixture sit for 1.5 hours. And then poured the mixtures on to my hair, put it in a shower cap and kept it on for 2 hours.

My hair was a light/medium blonde, kinda like this but maybe half a shade lighter. http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=9431&attachmentid=2559
( excuse the bad pic, taken a few years ago)
I wanted my hair to be like my profile picture, basically how it looks at summer.
Anyway, I wasn't expecting too dramatic results but I'm shocked! My hair is a full shade lighter, and my natural highlights are massively emphasised. It kinda looks like this :
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=9431&attachmentid=2560
( how my hair looks in spring)

My December hair has skipped the January and February and march shades and gone straight to may/April blonde shade! I love it, I'm going to do this every two weeks for the next month or so.

Thanks LHC!!!! :)

tbonita
January 4th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Wow great job! Isn't it such a good feeling when your little experiments prove successful :)

meteor
January 4th, 2014, 01:34 PM
Great result! Congratulations! :)
I think any lightening works better and faster on light hair, like yours.
When I tried honey lightening, it worked wonders on my blonde highlights, but didn't do much for my light brown base.

cmg
January 5th, 2014, 09:00 PM
The cardamom contains peroxides, I've gotten some lightening from them too.
/ CMG