PDA

View Full Version : APL by Christmas 2014!

HairFaerie
January 3rd, 2014, 03:29 PM
Yes, I started the APL by Christmas 2013 and caved and cut back to pixie last May.

Now, after trims to try to get rid of layers and mullet, I am almost at shoulder again.

I would really like to be APL on or before Christmas of 2014!

I am going to do it this year! No more getting frustrated and cutting to pixie!

Anyone want to join me in the battle to get through the awkward stages and reach APL together? :)

Ksears4
January 3rd, 2014, 06:57 PM
I am in, I am just a little past shoulder after growing out an a line Bob cut. It took so long because I had to even out the cut. I went from chin to shoulder in 8 months, so I am hoping to get to APL this year, maybe even by the end of summer if I am lucky. Shoulder length is the most awkward length for me, so I am hoping this moves along.

HairFaerie
January 3rd, 2014, 07:35 PM
Yay! :)
Good luck on getting past the awkward stage! We can help each other through it!

Ashflower89
January 3rd, 2014, 08:07 PM
Hmmm... I'm excited to say I might actually be able to get in on this thread! I haven't hit APL since I was 12 years old, I've been constantly getting to shoulder or collarbone and then chopping out of boredom because I never had any goals. So it's really exciting to think that I could actually see APL again by Christmas. =) I'm currently at chin length. As long as my hair keeps up its current growth speed, I should make it.

EDIT: I did the math, if my hair keeps growing at its current rate, I'll actually hit APL by late October! Woohoo!

HairFaerie
January 3rd, 2014, 08:35 PM
Yay! Good luck! Now that you have a goal, hopefully it will be easier to make it happen!

butterflybutton
January 4th, 2014, 09:32 PM
I'd fall an inch or two short for APL at Christmas :( it's nice to dream though.

Stray_mind
January 5th, 2014, 02:44 AM
Finally, a thread for me :D... I think i'll be there in the Summer, but you never know. I should reach APL by christmas this year for sure, especially when i'm planning only one or two small trims this year..

rainfortheend
January 5th, 2014, 01:08 PM
Count me in! I'm at CBL right now (definitely surpassing it stretched; hitting it some days when left wavy) and am pretty sure I'll hit solid APL by August!

PraiseCheeses
January 5th, 2014, 01:14 PM
Just popping in to cheer you on, HairFaerie! :cheer: I remember when you cut back, and even though that pixie looked great on you, I can't wait to see you break the Shoulder Barrier and achieve your dream hair. Hang in there - this is going to be your year!! :beercheer:

HairFaerie
January 5th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Just popping in to cheer you on, HairFaerie! :cheer: I remember when you cut back, and even though that pixie looked great on you, I can't wait to see you break the Shoulder Barrier and achieve your dream hair. Hang in there - this is going to be your year!! :beercheer:

Thank you so very much! That is very sweet of you!

Decemberrose
January 5th, 2014, 02:26 PM
I'm in! :cheer:

Currently about an inch from collarbone length, so I think it's safe to say that I will be at APL at december '14.
Here we go!

HairFaerie
January 5th, 2014, 03:07 PM
Alright! We are getting a pretty good support group rallied for this endeavor!

Good luck everyone! We can do this!

browneyedsusan
January 5th, 2014, 06:51 PM
Just chiming in to cheer you all on!
You can do it! You can do it!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

APL was my glass ceiling. I think it was this long when I was 8, but not since.

DebieT
January 5th, 2014, 06:56 PM
I believe this is achievable for me. Good luck to everyone!!

HairFaerie
January 5th, 2014, 07:18 PM
Thank you, Browneyedsusan! :)

diddiedaisy
January 5th, 2014, 08:01 PM
I'm in. Below shoulder length now, and I think I need 4 inches maybe 5 for a solid apl.

Of the Fae
January 6th, 2014, 06:02 AM
Guys, I can do this :D I have CBL at the back. I'm not sure about the rest though, I think the bulk will stay around shoulder in a year or so

Xylia
January 6th, 2014, 09:10 AM
I'm in. I'm growing out layers and not sure if I'll be able to resist trimming at least a little, but I think I might be able to pull this off.

Ksears4
January 6th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Do you all think it is important to trim regularly at this stage?

HairFaerie
January 6th, 2014, 11:30 AM
I trimmed the back to keep the mullet away, but now that I am past that stage, I am not going to trim hardly at all this year. Luckily my hair is pretty healthy and I don't really get split ends. It does not grow evenly all over and I may have to even it up over the year, other than that, trims are not necessary at all in my opinion.

Ashflower89
January 6th, 2014, 12:14 PM
I trimmed the back to keep the mullet away, but now that I am past that stage, I am not going to trim hardly at all this year. Luckily my hair is pretty healthy and I don't really get split ends. It does not grow evenly all over and I may have to even it up over the year, other than that, trims are not necessary at all in my opinion.

Good luck! After every mullet trim, I thought I wouldn't need to trim again at all, but the back grew so much faster. I've had to have 4 mullet trims total since my pixie in May, and I waited until it was 1-2" longer than the rest too! Really hoping I don't need to do any more lol.

HairFaerie
January 6th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Yah, that was a weird stage for me. I think I did three or four mullet trims. The back is a little longer than the rest right now, but I am OK with that because I don't want a blunt hemline.

browneyedsusan
January 6th, 2014, 03:19 PM
Do you all think it is important to trim regularly at this stage?

I'd only trim if you see splits/damage, or you can't stand the way you look.
I didn't trim for nearly a year after I decided to grow, but I wanted to wear my hair up in a variety of styles, so did what was required to reach that goal. Some people wear their hair down, so trims would be better for them to look nice as they grow. I did what worked for me. You do what works for you. :blossom:

ETA: feel free to snoop through my growth album. It's old siggy pics. Feb 2013 is after I had a trim. I self trimmed last month.

two_wheels
January 6th, 2014, 03:28 PM
I'm in! I'm in that weird few-inches-past-shoulder stage, hoping to hit APL by end of summer :)

Addy
January 6th, 2014, 03:31 PM
I'm in! Almost at chin and growing out the pixie while cutting the mullet off! It's grown so much since cutting all the color off in June and growing out! I was cutting about 3/4"-1" off the mullet every 4-6 weeks.

HairFaerie
March 18th, 2014, 06:39 PM
It's March and I am at shoulder! (Pics in my album.)
This weekend, I am going to bribe my husband to measure how far I have to go to reach APL. I hope this is do-able!

two_wheels
March 19th, 2014, 03:04 AM
HairFaerie congratulations!
I'm in no man's land between shoulder and APL, goal seems a long way off.... Just putting it up every day and distracting myself with frivolous hair toys.

two_wheels
March 19th, 2014, 03:27 AM
What hairstyles are you guys doing at this length? I'm quite into flipped twists and French braids. I can do a LWB wet but it falls out after 5 mins. Thinking about trying to learn crown braid but am a bit intimidated! Any more ideas?

momschicklets
March 19th, 2014, 05:52 AM
I thought there was a shoulder to APL thread but I'll join this one too as I'm now at collarbone length. Seems like I have a good 5 or 6 inches to get to APL so I don't know if I can make it, but I'm going to try! My hair appears to grow almost exactly 1/2 inch per month, no more no less.

battles
March 19th, 2014, 05:18 PM
I'd like to join a little late..

I'm at collarbone currently. I have a ways to go, but I think my hair should start growing down instead of out any day now. :rolleyes:

HairFaerie
May 29th, 2014, 05:51 PM
I just had my husband measure to see how many inches I have to go to be APL. Looks like 5.5"-6" to go! 7 months until December...I think I can do this! :)

battles
May 29th, 2014, 05:57 PM
I seem to have about 5 inches left to go, and I've been growing at 1" a month with inversion method. I hope the faster growth keeps up and I can get there. :)

luluj
May 29th, 2014, 06:18 PM
I just had my husband measure to see how many inches I have to go to be APL. Looks like 5.5"-6" to go! 7 months until December...I think I can do this! :)

You can surely do this, HairFaerie, and so can I. :blossom:

I only just found your thread and I would like to join in and help to cheer you and the others on, if I may. Every time I have made it to shoulder I weakened and cut back to chin, this time is different though, I can do this. I have been posting a lot in the Shoulder to APL Thread and they are a wonderful, supportive group. Coming here, also, will help me to stay even more determined.....strength in numbers!:p

I have estimated that I will possibly make APL by February, although I seem to be having a bit of a growth spurt, so who knows, maybe I will get there sooner.:pray:

HairFaerie
May 29th, 2014, 06:37 PM
I always seem to cave at shoulder too and cut back to pixie. I am really trying hard no to do it this time! I know once I get past this stage, it will be easier. By APL, I certainly will not want to cut it.

Good luck with your journey! We can do this! :)

Also, thank you for your support!

eva888
August 2nd, 2014, 02:49 AM
I had no idea this thread existed! I almost just made one myself :P So, I'm in! Here's my growth pics so far from May to August (now).
http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a570/evagryan/maytoaugust2014drycollage_zps3fbf7c2d.jpg

My hair grew 2.5 inches in the last three months. It seems to be slowing down a bit though....so I have another 3 inches to go and I think I'll make it! We'll see!

HairFaerie
August 2nd, 2014, 06:01 AM
Beautiful! You will be at APL in no time!
I can't wait for winter...that's when I get the best growth spurts.

moontree
August 2nd, 2014, 09:41 AM
I'm going to hop on this thread too! I never measured my hair before... but henna just made it easier to get a more accurate growth estimate :) So at this rate, if it holds, and I want to try a few things to boost it, too, my hair *will* be APL by Christmas! I'm really excited for it.

HairFaerie
August 2nd, 2014, 09:53 AM
Yay! Welcome everyone! Let's do this!

butterflybutton
August 13th, 2014, 04:19 PM
I might just squeeze into APL for Christmas!

I've got three inches to go and four months to get there. And it doesn't hurt to dream :D

butterflybutton
September 9th, 2014, 04:58 AM
Getting close now, how is everyone doing?

HairFaerie
September 9th, 2014, 05:12 AM
Unless I get my usual winter growth spurts...I don't know if I will make it! I only had a tiny trim since I started this thread, but my hair just doesn't grow that fast in the summer. :( Keeping my fingers crossed though!
I did hit collarbone in the front, which makes me happy! :)

momschicklets
September 9th, 2014, 05:58 AM
I don't think I will quite make it either:( I think it will more likely be about February before its APL. Oh well....trying to enjoy the journey....

diddiedaisy
September 9th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Well I'm another 1cm closer. Soooo sloowwww!!!

Chocowalnut
September 9th, 2014, 12:49 PM
I'm in. I think I'm about an inch or an inch and a half away from APL. Can't wait :)

battles
September 9th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Not sure if I'll make it. I think I'll be half an inch off. Oh well, I'll still be pretty close and it'll be longer. :)

two_wheels
September 9th, 2014, 02:02 PM
I made it already :happydance:
Sending growy vibes to you all :grouphug:

HairFaerie
September 9th, 2014, 03:57 PM
Yay TwoWheels! Congrats! :cheer:

Zesty
September 9th, 2014, 05:21 PM
I'm a little late to the party, but I'm hoping I can get APL by Christmas. I have about 1.5" to go it looks like, so it's a toss-up as to whether I'll get there in just a few months. It'll be down to the wire for sure. :) Sending good vibes to everyone's follicles! Haha.

HairFaerie
September 9th, 2014, 05:52 PM
That is sooooo close Zesty! You can do it! :cheer:

Stray_mind
September 10th, 2014, 11:08 AM
I've already reached this mini-goal :) Now i guess it's "BSL by christmas 2014" challenge for me, but i highly doubt i'll grow that much and i am planning a trim in november,so....

butterflybutton
September 12th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Congrats stray_mind!!!

Unless my hair has a growth spurt, I don't think I'll make it, but I'll be close. 2 1/2 inches to go, so close but so far.

Eastbound&Down
September 12th, 2014, 07:51 PM
I don't know if I'll make it, but I'm babying my hair like it's made of silk so I don't have to trim this year so maybe, just maybe I'll make it. I'm in the most awkward, annoying stage right now trying to muscle through it to APL and beyond.

butterflybutton
January 4th, 2015, 04:54 AM
How did everyone go? Did anyone get APL for their Christmas present?

I didn't make it, but got super close, I was about an inch off straightened by the start of December, so I would have been closer by Christmas.

two_wheels
January 4th, 2015, 04:55 AM
I got there in the autumn! Woohooooo
How about everyone else?

butterflybutton
January 4th, 2015, 05:01 AM
Your growth is inspirational two_wheels! Your latest siggie pic looks really close to bsl.

two_wheels
January 4th, 2015, 05:06 AM
Thanks! I have about an inch to go.... Much quicker than shoulder-APL :)