PDA

View Full Version : HIP by Christmas 2014!

redtuss
January 3rd, 2014, 03:27 AM
I found the threads for Waist/TBL and Classic by Christmas 2014 but alas none for Hip by Christmas 2014!

Anyone else than me who has reaching hip length as their goal for 2014? - Come join the thread and let us know how your progress is going during the year, if you plan to do something special or use a new product/routine to achieve your goal and just to share when it seems like far away!

Shall we have cookies and cake here? :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: + :cake: = yum!

Hi ho - let's grow!

Tini'sNewHair
January 3rd, 2014, 03:40 AM
:disbelief Can we really get to hip by then? I singed up to the other thread that said waist by Christmas but i KNOW that i will be waist way before then... i singed up anyway since this hasnt crossed my mind until you posted it. I'm at 28 inches now, waist on me is 31... not sure where i measure at hip but i cant help but wonder if i could get there to :O

julee
January 3rd, 2014, 03:43 AM
I'll join, I would love to be at hip for next Christmas :) I have about 5-6 inches to go. I'm also planning not to trim so it might be doable :)

I plan to practice benign neglect and eat well and exercise a bit more to try and speed up growth.

I'm bringing a chocolate hazelnut cake to share :)

redtuss
January 3rd, 2014, 04:09 AM
I think we should be able to get to hip Tini! You don't have much to grow to waist, you should be there pretty soon, definitely before Christmas :) Have you measured where hip is on you? Usually it's not too far away from waist, it's at the top of the pelvic bone.

For me hip is around 31,5''/80 cms and that is just 6,5''/16,5 cms away from where I am today which should be totally doable in 12 months! If you have about the same distance from waist to hip (3 & something-ish'') it should be for you too!

Hurray Julee!
Omnom, chocolate and hazelnut-cakes are divine!
I'll bring a lovely dark chocolate, beet & walnut-cake with lots and lots of chocolate frosting and cherrys on top..

It shouldn't be a problem to hit hip for you either and it sounds like a good plan! Excercise is always good and it does encourage growth a lot as a bonus.

How fast does your hair, on an average, grow per month for both of you?

Nebulae
January 3rd, 2014, 04:23 AM
I'm in! Hip is my goal length. :) I will definitely get there by christmas 2014, unless I go crazy with chopping :D The plan is to maintain at waist to trim off damage and then grow to hip by the end of the year.

All of your cookies and cakes sound great but I will bring something nut-free for the allergics in the house ;) how about a slice of orange flavored chocolate cake? :cake:

Mya
January 3rd, 2014, 04:24 AM
I think I can do it. ^.^

My hair already is waist length when straight, however it's BSL in its natural state. I don't know how much length I need for hip, my curls make it totally unpredictable. I stopped relying on measurements around BSL straight because they started being very inconsistent from there.

redtuss
January 3rd, 2014, 04:25 AM
Oh, and I could also take my own advice and share what I am doing to increase growth ;)

I will try to eat as much protein as I can, stay hydrated and eat good things. Me and my bf's resolution this year is to cook more/better, for instance instead of just putting some pre-battered fish filets in the oven I am going to make my own batter and it up from a fresh piece of fish - a lot yummier! And I am going to eat more lentils and beans, they are so good and tasty but I don't eat it often.

Since I was recently diagnosed with asthma I have not been running lately, but when my medication is able to keep it under control I will start it again! I'm really looking forward to it, I love to jog/run, it just feels great, especially during summer evenings when it cools off but is still warm :)

As a supplement I eat fish oil, silica gel, brewers yeast and a pill that incorporates horsetail/nettles/kelp & propolis as well as a few other vitamins. Since this has helped both my nails and my hair since I started them I'll continue with these.

And I have set dates for both CO-treatments and microtrims and will have to see along the road what else I need.

redtuss
January 3rd, 2014, 04:30 AM
I think I can do it. ^.^

My hair already is waist length when straight, however it's BSL in its natural state. I don't know how much length I need for hip, my curls make it totally unpredictable. I stopped relying on measurements around BSL straight because they started being very inconsistent from there.

Sounds great Mya! Curls are lovely, it will be interesting to see how long it takes!

I'm in! Hip is my goal length. :) I will definitely get there by christmas 2014, unless I go crazy with chopping :D The plan is to maintain at waist to trim off damage and then grow to hip by the end of the year.

All of your cookies and cakes sound great but I will bring something nut-free for the allergics in the house ;) how about a slice of orange flavored chocolate cake? :cake:

Mmmmh, that one sounds great as well, we're gonna become crazy cake-addicts by the end of page 4 or something hehe!

It sounds like a good plan to maintain for a while, how much damage do you have to get rid of before the ends are how you want them to?

Sadie
January 3rd, 2014, 05:58 AM
I'll join as well! I am back to waist after a big chop (I was practically HL already...) but my shedding has finally stopped so I am up for it! I just need a couple of micro-trims to get me started. :)

julee
January 3rd, 2014, 07:12 AM
I think we should be able to get to hip Tini! You don't have much to grow to waist, you should be there pretty soon, definitely before Christmas :) Have you measured where hip is on you? Usually it's not too far away from waist, it's at the top of the pelvic bone.

For me hip is around 31,5''/80 cms and that is just 6,5''/16,5 cms away from where I am today which should be totally doable in 12 months! If you have about the same distance from waist to hip (3 & something-ish'') it should be for you too!

Hurray Julee!
I'll bring a lovely dark chocolate, beet & walnut-cake with lots and lots of chocolate frosting and cherrys on top..

It shouldn't be a problem to hit hip for you either and it sounds like a good plan! Excercise is always good and it does encourage growth a lot as a bonus.

It varies a little, mostly between 0.5 to 0.75", sometimes a bit less.

Dark chocolate, beet and walnut cake sounds delicious:)

~honeyflower~
January 3rd, 2014, 08:49 AM
:yawn: morning early birds! Its still dark here, I think I can make it to hip this Christmas. I have 3 inches waist to hip and another 3 inches to get to waist. I brought some oatmeal with walnuts and orange juice to enjoy for breakfast.

Crumpet
January 3rd, 2014, 09:15 AM

I'm in the same place as you. I hit waist in November and I've been microtrimming since then. I'm taking off 0.25 every other month now (last trim on December 31; next on March 1). I'd rather sacrifice length than health, so I may bail if my hair needs larger trims...but I'm in!

Plan: microtrimming (as above), updos daily with only occasional breaks for special events, S&Ds, scalp massages (when I remember), and just my general hair care routine.

As for the festivities, I'll bring some cheese. It has protein, right? So good for growing!

spirals
January 3rd, 2014, 10:17 AM
I'll join! My goal was waist at Christmas 2012, but I didn't hit it until fall of 2013. I have 4 inches to hip, but with waves it's really 6.

Aingeal
January 3rd, 2014, 10:56 AM
I'm in! Hip length straight is my goal length. Right now I'm about 3/4 of an inch away from waist pulled straight. I want to be waist curly and hip straight. Hope I can make it! Once I get there, I will start maintaining and trimming out damage. :)

Nebulae
January 3rd, 2014, 02:32 PM
Mmmmh, that one sounds great as well, we're gonna become crazy cake-addicts by the end of page 4 or something hehe!

It sounds like a good plan to maintain for a while, how much damage do you have to get rid of before the ends are how you want them to?

Haha, cake for everyone! :D

Haven't really measured the damage that needs to be snipped off but I estimate it at around 4-5 inches maybe. So if I trim off 4 inches and then grow the remaining 2 inches to hip, I should make it with my monthly average around 1 cm/0.4-5 inch growth rate within a year, with some adjustments. :)

As for the festivities, I'll bring some cheese. It has protein, right? So good for growing!

Good point! :gobblecheese: For growth!

Naiadryade
January 3rd, 2014, 05:01 PM
Hmm! I'll join this thread tentatively... no commitments. It would be so fantastic to be at hip by a year from now! But I've committed to maintaining at waist for 6 months to get rid of my thin ends, and then I'll probably still microtrim some of my growth for a while, so it's hard to say for sure that I will be. But then again, though my growth has been around 1/2" a month for a while, it has been a lot more since I started microtrimming. And I'm at about 29.75" now, and hip is only 32"... In theory it's doable, but it depends on how much I end up trimming each month in the 2nd half of 2014. Here's hoping!

I think we'll need some wine with that cheese and cake. :bottomsup::toast:

alishaxmarie
January 3rd, 2014, 06:10 PM
I already had the chocolate, cheese, wine, and vodka offered by the tbl2014 goal page but cookies AND cake TOO?! Who could turn that down?

Anyway, I'm not sure if perhaps hip is a more realistic goal depending on any unforeseen shedding and trimming (because I've stopped using cones recently). Regardless of what length I reach this year, I'll know new styles and it will be the longest my hair has ever been so I'll still be happy! :D Happy growing to the rest of you too! :cheer:

Planned Routine: S&D-ing by the moon, CO once or twice a week, coconut and/or EVO oils on length daily as well as weekly DC's, possibly monthly SMT's and/or protein treatments depending on how CO goes (only started CO recently afterall), scalp massages with BBB 1-4 times weekly, and daily vitamins (currently biotin, B-complex, fish oil, and MSM but will definitely change over time).

PeacenQuietGal
January 3rd, 2014, 06:24 PM
Hello Ladies. I would like to join. I have just "claimed" waist length, but since I am a slow grower with some damaged ends I am sure I will need all twelve months to reach hip length, if, all goes well that is!

patienceneeded
January 3rd, 2014, 06:41 PM
I'll jump in here. Right now I'm about 1" above waist, so I ought to reach it by March if my growth remains steady. Hip is 4" from waist on me, maybe closer to 3.5" away. I should be able to grow about 5" of hair by Christmas, even with the small trim I'm planning in June.

Here's to a year of healthy and happy hair growth!

Nebulae
January 3rd, 2014, 06:41 PM
Regardless of what length I reach this year, I'll know new styles and it will be the longest my hair has ever been so I'll still be happy! :D

This is true for me as well! Been in unknown territory ever since MBL or so :D

Hmm, I just did some S&D, it's been a while since I did that properly and I can clearly tell.. :p I think I need to be gentler when detangling.. I have a bunch of loops and weird angles an inch or two from the ends.
Now I can surely say that I need about 6 inches cut off to get rid of all the pre-LHC/damaged hair, but the bottom 4 inches are the worst so my plan of trimming 4" and then growing 2" is still in action. Now grow, hair! :whip:

Tini'sNewHair
January 4th, 2014, 03:28 PM

Hurray Julee!

Im confused as to where hip is, can you give me a picture that shows where it is? Im better with visuals.... thanks so much if you can! Yeah i only have 2 /12 inches to waist so HOPEFULLY Hip isnt to far away after that :)

TrapperCreekD
January 4th, 2014, 08:48 PM
Hip is determined by the top of your hip bones, I think. If you wear jeans/pants, the waistband tends to fall on the HL marker (unless they're really low rise).

Tini'sNewHair
January 5th, 2014, 01:54 AM
Ok, so this is hip isnt it? (I never actually thought of where my hip was until now and no, i didnt learn this in school!) I really like this scheletal picture because i find it easy to follow the bones when comes to my measurements :p

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm242/MayasMommy7nov/esHairLengthApproximationChart-vi-1.jpg (http://s298.photobucket.com/user/MayasMommy7nov/media/esHairLengthApproximationChart-vi-1.jpg.html)

redtuss
January 5th, 2014, 05:04 AM
Sadie, Honeyflower, Crumpet, Spirals, Aingeal, Naiadryade, Alishaxmarie, PeacenquietGal, Patienceneeded and TrappercreekD - welcome to the thread!
I'm very glad you wanted to join! And I sure do hope that the lot of us will be able to post successful length-shots in the end of the year and be content with another goal checked off ;)

The skelly-measure picture was great Tini, that is a good way to visualise hip length. BL means Butt Length I suppose? Same as Classic or am I getting confused now?

I wish us all glorious growth spurts in the future! :applause

Misschilly
January 5th, 2014, 06:22 AM
I plan to mictrotrim for a while now I've hit wl, so maybe hip is a realistic goal for next year!?=)

Naiadryade
January 5th, 2014, 09:12 AM
Tini, that's a great diagram... yes, that's where HL is. Generally what's labelled there as "BL" is called Classic Length here, though... And I'd put BSL about where that chart calls MBL. I mean, looking at the farthest right figure, there is no way she could wear a bra strap at the BSB (below shoulder blade??) line! Then MBL would be halfway between BSL and WL.

PeacenQuietGal
January 5th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Thank you Redtuss for creating this thread for us! This will be my inspiration thread for my hair goal for 2014. :) And Tini this diagram is the most helpful growth chart I have ever seen!

Skuld
January 5th, 2014, 10:38 AM
I'm in! I'm about half an inch from waist, and hip isn't that far from that, so I suppose it's a pretty reasonable goal. I'm probably going to need a couple microtrims, though...

Tini'sNewHair
January 6th, 2014, 01:33 AM
Thanks guys, im glad to hear that the diagram is useful for you all as well :)

So yeah, hip is SUPER close to my waist so it really shouldnt take to long to get that... i HOPE :)

morrigan*
January 6th, 2014, 01:51 AM
I will join, i'm at waist now, so i think i should get there in a year.

Johannah
January 6th, 2014, 06:34 AM
I'm in. My goal is solid hip length hair with a blunt hemline and without layers. I'm at waist right now... I should get there, right?

redtuss
January 7th, 2014, 06:04 AM
Woohoo - welcome Misschilly, Skuld, Morrigan and Johannah!

Microtrims are always good, at least for my hair, it's quite fine and with small trims my ends "feel fresh" ;) That way any damage does not ride up the hairstrand and break at a higher point.

From your descriptions it shouldn't be a problem for any of us to get to hip - and even if we shouldn't then at least we tried, right?

The longest my hair has been earlier has been somewhere around TBL I think, when I was a kid. My goal this time around is knee, maybe mid-calf if my genes let me.. At least I want to try it once in my lifetime! I am supposed to study now for 5-6 years, I was thinking of growing during this time as long as it does not become a hassle and see where it takes me :)

Johannah
January 7th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Woohoo - welcome Misschilly, Skuld, Morrigan and Johannah!

Microtrims are always good, at least for my hair, it's quite fine and with small trims my ends "feel fresh" ;) That way any damage does not ride up the hairstrand and break at a higher point.

From your descriptions it shouldn't be a problem for any of us to get to hip - and even if we shouldn't then at least we tried, right?

The longest my hair has been earlier has been somewhere around TBL I think, when I was a kid. My goal this time around is knee, maybe mid-calf if my genes let me.. At least I want to try it once in my lifetime! I am supposed to study now for 5-6 years, I was thinking of growing during this time as long as it does not become a hassle and see where it takes me :)

This! :toast: And updo's are so easy cause hair won't get in your way when you're studying so it's less of a pain!

I'm going to try a new experiment: eating really healthy. If it doesn't work for hair growth, it'll have other benefits :p

Nebulae
January 7th, 2014, 03:13 PM
I definitely think we will all make it to hip in time (like its a rush.. hah!), seems like we are all at or very close to waist so we should have no problem. :cheer:

I trimmed off this past month's growth today, so still at waist here :p

Oh, and here's some more :cake: for us! Have a :cookie: too if you'd like!
(For Johannah.. umm.. something healthy.. cheese? :D)

redtuss
January 7th, 2014, 04:08 PM
This! :toast: And updo's are so easy cause hair won't get in your way when you're studying so it's less of a pain!

I'm going to try a new experiment: eating really healthy. If it doesn't work for hair growth, it'll have other benefits :p

Yay! That is truly great! I need to learn more comfortable buns and updos.. At the moment I mostly braid and pin/clawclip/Flexi-8 the braid up if I'm not just lazing about at home. Protects ends and is not pulling or anything. But still, I want to bun it but think it's hard to get it right, my hair's too short to be able to hide the ends without pins, if I have a bad day it pulls and pulls and hurts my scalp and every bun I make look messy.

But bunning days will come!

I definitely think we will all make it to hip in time (like its a rush.. hah!), seems like we are all at or very close to waist so we should have no problem. :cheer:

I trimmed off this past month's growth today, so still at waist here :p
Oh, and here's some more :cake: for us! Have a :cookie: too if you'd like!
(For Johannah.. umm.. something healthy.. cheese? )

Yum yum on the cheese.. How about :sushi: ? And maybe some :pizza: with veggies or :ale: for the b-vitamins? ;)

Tini'sNewHair
January 7th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Speaking of updos, I cant do buns either but I can braid my hair which is very easy to do now at MBL. I also use my flexi 8 but i have to be very careful with it because it can catch one of my hair strands and snaps it off :(

Nebulae
January 7th, 2014, 04:52 PM
I always tried to convince myself that :popcorn: are a healthier snack choice.. hey its corn, that's a veggie! ;)

NJoy
January 7th, 2014, 05:08 PM
Hi Ladies! Can I join? I'm at waist length now and about 4 inches from the top of my hipbones. I'd like to be a little past that to actually claim hip tho so, I'm going for 6 inches by Christmas.

I just did a major unwanted trim due to a nightmare-ish 2-day detangling session. It was my own fault for being too busy around the holidays to keep up my regimen. My neglect and impatience during detangling required a good trim. So, as far as plans for future trims, I plan to do so twice this year (every 6 months) and search and destroy between trims.

I look forward to growing with you! Oh, and I brought carrot juice to the party. Here's to growth! :beercheer:

kidari
January 7th, 2014, 05:10 PM
I have never made it to hip before, I am in! I have 6-7 inches to go I'm guessing but I've finally mastered stretching washes and now with stretching trims, I think I can make it!

Nebulae
January 7th, 2014, 05:15 PM
Welcome NJoy and kidari!

Carrot juice, now there's our healthy snack! (Ok it's a drink but I think it counts!)

Tini'sNewHair
January 7th, 2014, 05:27 PM
Hey guys, i just cant seem to get a clear measurement of where my waist is. Each time i measure i get something completely different and im frustrated beyond belief :(( So i go with visuals instead and each month i take a photo of my length. This is where i am now when my hair is wet but when its dry (I have fairly straight hair) my hair seem to shirk which puts me a bit further away but not by much... still, i wish my hair was the same length wet or dry... anyway, I just measured the distance from waist to hip and i seem to be about 3 inches away :)

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm242/MayasMommy7nov/DSCF0610.jpg (http://s298.photobucket.com/user/MayasMommy7nov/media/DSCF0610.jpg.html)

Ignore the jar on my head, it was close to falling off as i was using it to keep a straight composure. Next time i need to use a book!

EDIT: Just letting you all know that i have gone on a 5 month challenge to keep my hair UP! I'm not to check the length or do anything else but put it up and not touch it anymore. I feel like i really need this!!! So the next time i will show off my hair should be on the 17 of May this year on my 2 year anniversary. Lets see where it gets by then (hopefully, a solid waist!). Cheers :)

Johannah
January 8th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Tini, guess you need to go another "2 before you're at waist. If your hair grows around "0.5 a month, you'll be there in May! Yeey!

The WYHUC is really great. I'm at day 110 right now and I almost have no split ends anymore (normally I had A LOT). I'm taking pictures every month, but I won't check length anymore in between. And that's going to be hard. :p

shutterpillar
January 8th, 2014, 10:26 AM
I will tentatively join this thread, but I may or may not get there by Christmas. My hair requires lots of microtrimming as it grows (I trimmed off 4 inches of hair just last year as I was growing!) If I'm not there by christmas then I will be very close. :) Hopefully I won't have to trim nearly as much this year since the majority of my layers are gone thanks to last years trimming.

TrapperCreekD
January 8th, 2014, 12:53 PM
TrappercreekD - welcome to the thread!

Thanks for the welcome! It looks like I won't be in this thread much longer - I did a length check last night and my longest pieces are at CICT hip, and slightly longer when stretched. Maybe I'll lurk after I get to solid hip. :popcorn:

redtuss
January 8th, 2014, 02:16 PM
I always tried to convince myself that :popcorn: are a healthier snack choice.. hey its corn, that's a veggie! ;)

Popcorn are healthy! :D And yummy, deliciously yummy.. And now I want some!

Hi Ladies! Can I join? I'm at waist length now and about 4 inches from the top of my hipbones. I'd like to be a little past that to actually claim hip tho so, I'm going for 6 inches by Christmas.

I just did a major unwanted trim due to a nightmare-ish 2-day detangling session. It was my own fault for being too busy around the holidays to keep up my regimen. My neglect and impatience during detangling required a good trim. So, as far as plans for future trims, I plan to do so twice this year (every 6 months) and search and destroy between trims.

I look forward to growing with you! Oh, and I brought carrot juice to the party. Here's to growth! :beercheer:

I have never made it to hip before, I am in! I have 6-7 inches to go I'm guessing but I've finally mastered stretching washes and now with stretching trims, I think I can make it!

Welcome to both of you! I'm sure both of you will have lots of growth during the year!
Sounds like you both have good plans as well!

redtuss
January 8th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Tini, guess you need to go another "2 before you're at waist. If your hair grows around "0.5 a month, you'll be there in May! Yeey!

The WYHUC is really great. I'm at day 110 right now and I almost have no split ends anymore (normally I had A LOT). I'm taking pictures every month, but I won't check length anymore in between. And that's going to be hard. :p

I agree with Johannah - about 2 inches left til waist :) Dry hair always shrinks a little bit. Won't be long now!
And with the length checking, I will also try just to measure once a month but it's addictive to check waaaay too often and get disappointed at no-growth..

I will tentatively join this thread, but I may or may not get there by Christmas. My hair requires lots of microtrimming as it grows (I trimmed off 4 inches of hair just last year as I was growing!) If I'm not there by christmas then I will be very close. :) Hopefully I won't have to trim nearly as much this year since the majority of my layers are gone thanks to last years trimming.

Welcome and I hope that you won't need to trim as much!

Thanks for the welcome! It looks like I won't be in this thread much longer - I did a length check last night and my longest pieces are at CICT hip, and slightly longer when stretched. Maybe I'll lurk after I get to solid hip. :popcorn:

Oooooho - nice! That was fast ;) You are very welcome to lurk away as well! Lurking is good - I do a lot of that haha!

Tini'sNewHair
January 8th, 2014, 02:24 PM

Yeah, no more checking length.... I have until the 17 (thats the date i normally do my monthly length shots) to decide IF i should continue or really just ignore it... I wouldnt mind ignoring it for a month or two tho :p but will see.

spirals
January 8th, 2014, 09:17 PM
I have my doubts. I seem to be stuck at waist, though I have some runners out. Maybe it just grows 1/2" a month instead of the 3/4" I thought it did. Or I have stalls. I don't know.

redtuss
January 9th, 2014, 01:43 AM
I have my doubts. I seem to be stuck at waist, though I have some runners out. Maybe it just grows 1/2" a month instead of the 3/4" I thought it did. Or I have stalls. I don't know.

Givt it some more time, lots of months ahead!

mariakatija
January 9th, 2014, 05:35 AM
I'm joining! I should be at hip by 9/14.

goldenlady
January 9th, 2014, 10:55 AM
I'm in! I'm waist but little at 5"3 so it's do-able!

Crumpet
January 9th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Tini -- I sympathize. I'm not super-curvy so my waist is always a bit hard to see anyway. Pair that with wavy hair that goes from a bit of body wave to the occasional ring-curl and my length can go from waist to just beyond BSL in just a day. ARG! I also wear my hair up every day, which prevents too much grouching. Hopefully we'll both make it in good cheer we cross our fingers and eat lots of cheese!

shutterpillar
January 9th, 2014, 02:02 PM
I have one of those less distinctive waists, too. I empathize. :flower:

Just because I've been putting it everywhere else around here and since some of you have posted yours, here's my most recent length photo. I think waist might be just a smidgen higher than where I have my hand in this picture. Either way, It'll give you an idea of about how much more I need to grow. I am guessing I need about five inches. That should be doable if I'm only doing microtrims every three months.

http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad351/ashmey86/Hair/224f9efd-4335-4fb5-9df4-4c91d76eedb1.jpg (http://s951.photobucket.com/user/ashmey86/media/Hair/224f9efd-4335-4fb5-9df4-4c91d76eedb1.jpg.html)

spirals
January 10th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Thanks, redtuss! Shutterpillar, you are right at waist. You should make hip within the year.

Earelia
January 10th, 2014, 03:29 PM
You know I haven't really thought about a goal length but I just got really excited about the possibility of reaching hip by Christmas. I'm at waist now and that seemed to creep up on me. I think I can do it!

redtuss
January 10th, 2014, 03:30 PM
Welcome to goldenlady and mariakatija!

I can relate to the not so distinctive waist-issue ;) It's same here, I need to use a belt to mark out my waist if I want to give an illusion of hourglass-figure! I can fake it quite well for the eventual night out ;)

Tini'sNewHair
January 10th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Well, im glad to know that im not the only one with a tricky waist line. I have to put a band around my waist to really be sure of where it is. I swear if i dont make it to hip by the end of this year, im going to overdoze on chesse :horse:

redtuss
January 12th, 2014, 03:09 AM
Hehehe, I hear ya Tini!

I even tried adding protein drinks but the brand I tried tastes so horrible so I just can't bear it. Yesterday I had to pour it out, I couldn't drink one glass.. I'm gonna ask my brother if he wants it XD

Tini'sNewHair
January 12th, 2014, 03:44 AM
shutterpillar Looks good and im sure you will make it :)

~honeyflower~
January 12th, 2014, 06:43 AM
Since we will be here for a long time, what hairstyles have you all been able to do with this length? Just to give out ideas until we hit hip length.

Crumpet
January 12th, 2014, 06:56 AM
Since we will be here for a long time, what hairstyles have you all been able to do with this length? Just to give out ideas until we hit hip length.

I can do lots of hairstyles now, but I have thin-medium hair. I think its harder for thickies! The styles I wear the most: disc bun, nautalis, artemis, french braided buns (Jamie Leigh, or a Moon bun), and the pha bun.

I haven't indulged in any different eating patterns, although I do try to make sure I get plenty of protein and healthy food even when I'm uninspired. I have been scalp massaging more often. If nothing else, it feels good!

spirals
January 12th, 2014, 07:53 AM
I'm hoping that at hip I can do a lazy wrap that will stay in. At this point it's too thick.

mariakatija
January 12th, 2014, 10:02 AM
I'm hoping that at hip I can do a lazy wrap that will stay in. At this point it's too thick.

I'm hoping to be able to do a nautilus that holds itself up without any hair sticks.

redtuss
January 16th, 2014, 08:46 AM
Braids are my go-to. Just to fold up and secure with a Flexi and they look elegant :) Or dutch french braids, that way I won't have to worry about my "un-bangs" falling out, and I can just tuck the ends under the braid, use a Flexi or bobby pins and be comfortable for an entire day. And the dutch frenched one is even more elegant then a normal english that is folded!

Bunwise I mostly do disc buns since I don't really know that many buns yet.. Cinnabuns won't work with a hairstick, the ends escape and it's chaos!

Oh, and on the cake issue I just wanted to share that my head smells like a cake now ;) Got a treatment with cocoa and cinnamon in my hair, it's yummy!

Scarlet_Heart
January 16th, 2014, 09:00 AM
I'm joining in! I'm just shy of waist right now and I would love to be at hip by Christmas. LET'S DO THIS! :cheese:

redtuss
January 16th, 2014, 09:11 AM
I'm joining in! I'm just shy of waist right now and I would love to be at hip by Christmas. LET'S DO THIS! :cheese:

Yay! Welcome! Get some cake and cheese and grow on!

Misschilly
January 16th, 2014, 11:20 AM

My favorites are nautilus and LWB. Also french/dutchbraid with tucked ends, or the elling woman or just a braided cinnamon with spin pins..=) Love up dos!

alexis917
January 16th, 2014, 12:15 PM

Same! Fingers crossed!

Micayla47
January 16th, 2014, 12:19 PM
i'm in! i'm barely at waist now and i plan to do monthly 1/2 inch trims until june, then monthly micro trims for the rest of the year. i'm hoping to get to hip with a thicker hemline by Christmas. right now my hair is a tad longer than in my signature picture.

redtuss
January 17th, 2014, 05:15 AM
Same! Fingers crossed!

i'm in! i'm barely at waist now and i plan to do monthly 1/2 inch trims until june, then monthly micro trims for the rest of the year. i'm hoping to get to hip with a thicker hemline by Christmas. right now my hair is a tad longer than in my signature picture.

Let's do this! :cheer:

shutterpillar
January 17th, 2014, 05:18 AM
As far as buns go, I tend to go for the Lazy Wrap Bun first, but I like the Spidermom bun also.

spirals
January 17th, 2014, 11:34 AM
I can do a nautilus, but not the LW as I saw it in a video last night. And I'm not sure mine is a nautilus. I just need a comfy bun for my super-heavy hair.

LauraLongLocks
January 17th, 2014, 11:37 AM
If I don't reach TBL, then I'll definitely be a solid hip length by the end of this year. So, I'm subscribing to this thread, too. :)

Tini'sNewHair
January 18th, 2014, 06:18 AM
Really, sometimes i highly doubt that i will make it to hip by the end of this year... sometimes i feel sooooo far away even from waist - glad i took on the wear hair up challenge so i stop looking in the mirror but the voices in my head wont stop debating still haha sorry just sharing some craziness :pray: :argue: :suspect:

Johannah
January 18th, 2014, 07:57 AM
Really, sometimes i highly doubt that i will make it to hip by the end of this year... sometimes i feel sooooo far away even from waist - glad i took on the wear hair up challenge so i stop looking in the mirror but the voices in my head wont stop debating still haha sorry just sharing some craziness :pray: :argue: :suspect:

Actually, I know what you mean! Haha :D

alexis917
January 19th, 2014, 12:07 PM
I'm trying to not trim my hair until the spring equinox because I got a trim in either late November or early December...
I don't necessarily follow the lunar thing, but I think it'll do me some good to avoid trimming my hair without some sort of schedule!
I also plan on doing my first henna in February...fingers crossed I make it to hip by Christmas!!

Aingeal
January 19th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Hit waist length pulled strait. Yay! Once I get to hip pulled straight I can start maintaining and trimming out damage. :)

spirals
January 19th, 2014, 03:14 PM
*sigh* I just cut off 3/4" to make progress on getting rid of thinned ends. I'm just barely at waist when stretched. But I have 12 months. My hair supposedly grows at least 1/2 inch a month. It did have some runners out, which are chopped off.

Tini'sNewHair
January 19th, 2014, 03:26 PM
Actually, I know what you mean! Haha :D

:bow: Thank you :)

Springlets
January 30th, 2014, 05:15 PM
I'll join! I measured last night and was surprised to find I am at 28.5" when straight, so I could potentially reach 34" by the end of the year. I plan to do a lot of S&D so I don't have to trim so much.

HappyHair87
March 4th, 2014, 08:27 PM
I want to join!!!:cheese: Can i?

Im a 3b/3c curly (with some 4a) and i have a TON of shrinkage! Not as much as some 4's but more than some 3's. My hair is SL sometimes APL when curly...but when its straight....its about half an inch above WL. My goal is to reach HL by the end of this year.

I have been neglecting my hair lately because i am so busy. I am going to start drinking more water...i don't drink enough. I just started this weekend with drinking more water. Im also going to start back with taking my prenatals...im wondering if i can take a HSN vitamin along with the prenatals? I take the prenatal instead of a regular multivitamin.

I am also going to try to stick to deep conditioning every week.

I have already started back with cowashing almost daily...mostly every 2 days and leaving tons of conditioner in my hair under my alcohol free gel and some coconut oil to seal all the moisture in because my hair gets super dry FAST!shudder:

My diet mainly consists of protein so there's not a big problem there. Im also making it a habit to eat more fruits and vegetables. :)

My only concern is my hypothyroidism. My hair falls out in clumps sometimes and its discouraging.

Aderyn
March 4th, 2014, 11:10 PM
I can definitely do this. I'm only about an inch (or less) away from hip with my hair stretched, so I think I should be able to be solidly hip when wavy by the end of the year.

morrigan*
March 4th, 2014, 11:24 PM
Well two months later and i'm still at waist, i need to stop trimming so much, but i decided to micro trim and now is a bit hard to trim such a small quantities, maybe i should do it every other month instead.

Sarahlabyrinth
March 4th, 2014, 11:24 PM
Hi Everyone, can I join in here?

I am creeping up on 32" which is waist on me, then its another 4" to Hip length. So I have about 4 3/4" inches to grow and almost 10 months to do it in. Should be doable.

I'm a baker so I'll bake fresh hot croissants for breakfast tomorrow before we go for our hair exercise walk for the day :) ETA Beyond waist will be new and exciting, I've never had my hair past waist before. Entering new and unexplored territory!

Tini'sNewHair
March 5th, 2014, 03:37 AM
Very curious to see which one of us gets to hip by the end of this year :) I hope that we ALL make it!!!!!!!!!!!! I got about 1 inch for my hair to reach waist when dry and i was going to stop and maintain at waist but oh my gosh Hip is so much longer, I really want to maintain at hip now :D

Sarah, i can smell your bakery all the way from Australia, ahhhhhhhhhhhh you are killing me!!!!!!!!!!! *drools* :bigeyes:

Nebulae
March 5th, 2014, 04:53 AM
Welcome everyone who just joined this thread! :)

Sarahlabyrinth, croissants sounds delicious! I'll have one, please ;)

I'm still at waist length, I will do one more maintaining trim on the equinox. After that I'm not sure yet if I will maintain for another month or two (I should be able to reach hip by christmas even if I do) or start growing and microtrimming instead. My ends are looking pretty good considering how damaged they are, so right now my vote is on growing.. then I can save those bigger trims for later if I need them :p

I will share some chocolate chip cookies that I made! Happy growing :cookie:

LauraLongLocks
March 5th, 2014, 07:50 AM
I want to join!!!:cheese: Can i? Welcome!

I can definitely do this. I'm only about an inch (or less) away from hip with my hair stretched, so I think I should be able to be solidly hip when wavy by the end of the year. You'll definitely make it, being so close right now. Yay!

Well two months later and i'm still at waist, i need to stop trimming so much, but i decided to micro trim and now is a bit hard to trim such a small quantities, maybe i should do it every other month instead. That's what I'm afraid of, thinking about microtrimming my own hair. I don't think I could do less than about an inch at a time. I've decided no trims for 2014. In January, I get to chop a whole inch and hopefully get fresh, nice, even ends.

Hi Everyone, can I join in here?
Welcome! Pass some of your bakery items this way!

Very curious to see which one of us gets to hip by the end of this year :) I hope that we ALL make it!!!!!!!!!!!! I got about 1 inch for my hair to reach waist when dry and i was going to stop and maintain at waist but oh my gosh Hip is so much longer, I really want to maintain at hip now :D
I was going to maintain at waist a while and get rid of my layers, but now I've pushed that out to TBL. I hope I can manage to maintain at TBL a while instead of charging full-speed to classic. I think my hair will look better and I'll have nicer braids if I don't have those last few pesky layers.

Welcome everyone who just joined this thread! :)

Sarahlabyrinth, croissants sounds delicious! I'll have one, please ;)

I'm still at waist length, I will do one more maintaining trim on the equinox. After that I'm not sure yet if I will maintain for another month or two (I should be able to reach hip by christmas even if I do) or start growing and microtrimming instead. My ends are looking pretty good considering how damaged they are, so right now my vote is on growing.. then I can save those bigger trims for later if I need them :p

I will share some chocolate chip cookies that I made! Happy growing :cookie: Mmmm, thanks for the cookies! I am passing around a protein shake for anyone hoping to boost their growth with extra protein. :)

So, if I can grow better than I did in February (a dismal 1/4th inch), more like I was growing in September-November (3/4ths inch for three months in a row) then I should make it to hip in just a few more months and be well on my way to TBL by the end of the year. I'm not trimming at all in 2014, but look forward to my 1 inch trim in January next year, and then full speed to TBL. Then I need to maintain for a while until all my layers and shorter bits have caught up before I go into the territory where I could be sitting on my hair. That sounds so exciting! I've never had hair at the length I am right now (longest was MBL). So right here, I'm in uncharted territory, and everything beyond is exciting to me. It's getting easier and easier to do all the fun and interesting buns now that I'm at solid waist and maybe slightly beyond. Tucking in milkmaid braids is a challenge at the moment, however.

Gaelle27
March 5th, 2014, 08:39 AM
May I join?
My hair is a little past waist, hoever, I've been dusting every month, to get rid of the split ends and to get thicker ends, so I' m not sure if i'll get there by the end of the year... I'll post a picture later :o

alishaxmarie
March 7th, 2014, 12:16 PM
I really just wanted to post something since I haven't been by in awhile. Hip seems more reasonable than TBL for me but I have no idea how much I grow each month and I just lost my scissors so I can't even S&D for at least a few weeks :( I'm thinking that I'll grow to TBL and then trim back to hip to freshen up my ends. I haven't really planned much beyond growing growing growing lol I'm also really excited to try shampoo bars in the next month or so. I may switch from a plethora of vitamins to a multi and some biotin but I need to run out of my current stock first. Anyone try anything lately that sped up your growth? I've seen that several LHC-ers have been trying out the inversion method and I may give that a try :)

Crumpet
March 7th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Well two months later and i'm still at waist, i need to stop trimming so much, but i decided to micro trim and now is a bit hard to trim such a small quantities, maybe i should do it every other month instead.

I do every other month and take off about 0.25. I'm still bouncing around waist with my waves so its hard to tell how much growth I've had. I think I can still make hip by Christmas. I was hanging on the TB by Christmas thread (and I still will because they're cool!) and some of them are getting amazing growth. Its great seeing some progress around here!

LongHairLesbian
March 7th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Count me in! I'm roughly 4-5 inches away from hip, so I might be able to just barely make it by Christmas. I'm going to try and not trim this year, which should help me achieve my goal.

redtuss
March 8th, 2014, 03:41 AM
I am so happy that we are getting new "members" in our Hip-by-Xmas-and-lots-of-yummy-snacks-club! :P

Welcome all that want to join in - for those of you who are not peanut-allergic I'd bake Snickers-squares and for the rest bring some chocolate chip cookies! :cookie:

LauraLongLocks
March 8th, 2014, 07:36 AM
When my hair is wet, some of the longest strands are flirting with hip length. When I tilt my head back a bit, I can pretend I'm at hip. :)

Misschilly
March 8th, 2014, 07:46 AM
I've reached belly button now, going for hip!=)

LauraLongLocks
March 8th, 2014, 09:23 AM
I've reached belly button now, going for hip!=)

On me, if I was to my belly button in front, I would be hip+ in back. Have you taken a length shot lately? You might already be there.

Aingeal
March 8th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Took two inches off last week, so I'm ambit further off, but I'm at waist pulled straight, so I have a chance! My hair seems to growing slow lately though. Ugh

patienceneeded
March 11th, 2014, 10:27 AM
I'm at waist finally (just a bit past it, actually) and Hip s 3" away. My growth is pretty steady at .5" a month, so I ought to be Hip easily at Christmas. Hopefully. I'm only planning on trimming once between now and Christmas, and very minimally at that.

shutterpillar
March 11th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Just checking in. :) I took off about an inch and a half a couple days ago, so I am back at solid waist. I still think I should make it to hip by the end of the year since solid hip is only four inches away from waist. That's definitely doable with my .5 inch per month growth rate. Hopefully I'll only need micro trims from here on out.

Frida
March 11th, 2014, 10:51 PM
I'm in! I've just reached waist and it looks like hip is around three inches away for me. I only seem to grow 1cm every month though, so I might not get there by Christmas, even if I can stop myself from trimming. Fingers crossed that I get some good growth this year!

Crumpet
March 11th, 2014, 11:34 PM
Wow, some people actually know where their hips are! I wish I had clearer body markers...I'm bouncing around waist and not really sure where my hips are!

redredrobin
March 12th, 2014, 03:50 AM
Wow, some people actually know where their hips are! I wish I had clearer body markers...I'm bouncing around waist and not really sure where my hips are!

I'm not entirely sure... to me, there is the start of hip, which is the bit where you can rest your hands on top of your hip bone, which is very close to waist for me, and then there is the bit further down where you would wear jeans. But from what I've seen on here, people seem to count the resting your hands bit as reaching hip.

I'd like to join the thread too, please, if I haven't already. I had hoped to be further than hip by Christmas, but I have to concede that solid hip is my new goal. I seem to be the only person on LHC who doesn't get 'growth spurts'. I have 3" to hip (top of hip, I'm short :D) and would love to be there for Christmas.

redredrobin
March 12th, 2014, 03:51 AM
Just checking in. :) I took off about an inch and a half a couple days ago, so I am back at solid waist. I still think I should make it to hip by the end of the year since solid hip is only four inches away from waist. That's definitely doable with my .5 inch per month growth rate. Hopefully I'll only need micro trims from here on out.

before and after pics? :)

LauraLongLocks
March 12th, 2014, 10:13 AM
I don't know why, but some days, I feel like my hair is really growing. Today is one of those days. I spent most of February thinking it wasn't growing and that it was short, but about a week ago I started feeling like, "Hey, it's grown." I accidentally dipped my braid tassel into my pancake syrup this morning, so maybe that's why? Anyway, I eagerly await seeing 31 inches instead of 30 inches. I feel like I've been at 30 inches since November because my December 5th trim took off more than I realized. I was at 30.25" the beginning of March. Only 19 days and I get to measure and take my picture again. I have to say, this is so exciting to be entering unknown territory for the first time! I've never had hair this long before in my life. I can't wait to have hair TBL+ because I really think it's going to feel and look exceptionally long at that point and beyond. Hip is just around the corner, though, right? So onward to hip (which is about 33"-34" on me)!

redredrobin
March 12th, 2014, 11:46 AM
I don't know why, but some days, I feel like my hair is really growing. Today is one of those days. I spent most of February thinking it wasn't growing and that it was short, but about a week ago I started feeling like, "Hey, it's grown." I accidentally dipped my braid tassel into my pancake syrup this morning, so maybe that's why? Anyway, I eagerly await seeing 31 inches instead of 30 inches. I feel like I've been at 30 inches since November because my December 5th trim took off more than I realized. I was at 30.25" the beginning of March. Only 19 days and I get to measure and take my picture again. I have to say, this is so exciting to be entering unknown territory for the first time! I've never had hair this long before in my life. I can't wait to have hair TBL+ because I really think it's going to feel and look exceptionally long at that point and beyond. Hip is just around the corner, though, right? So onward to hip (which is about 33"-34" on me)!

I love those hair days! Glad you are enjoying your long hair. I feel like I've been stuck at 29" for ages, and yet I'm looking at possibly getting a trim again this week :D, silly me.

I agree about TBL hair. I don't plan to grow that long but I consider around BCL to be very long too. Everyone always says your hair doesn't feel long when it gets to these milestones that seemed long when you imagined them. And I agree about waist, I'm only .5" off waist but it feels very short. But I am certain that BCL will feel long. That's probably what they all say :cool:

alishaxmarie
March 12th, 2014, 12:22 PM
I'm not entirely sure... to me, there is the start of hip, which is the bit where you can rest your hands on top of your hip bone, which is very close to waist for me, and then there is the bit further down where you would wear jeans. But from what I've seen on here, people seem to count the resting your hands bit as reaching hip.

Then my hips are maybe 2 or 2.5 inches below my waist at the most :bounce:

Crumpet
March 12th, 2014, 01:47 PM

That's closer to my waist than I realized. I'll probably post photos up here when I think I'm about there and let you all judge if I can count as hip. Its amazing how hip-length can go from sounding long to sounding not-so-long when you're close.

shutterpillar
March 12th, 2014, 03:31 PM
before and after pics? :)

Sorry :( I don't think to take before and afters anymore since I've been only taking length photos when I've hit a new milestone. It just makes me less antsy about the growing process. Though you can be sure I'll post photos whenever I reach hip. ;)

As for finding hip, I just feel for my hip bones, which are about four inches below my waist. I don't wear my jeans on my hips anymore (not since after having children) so that's not a very good milestone marker for me since I wear the rise on my jeans a bit closer to my waist now.

Lauralonglocks - it feels daunting to me sometimes too, like my hair isn't growing much even though I know it is. Especially now since I just had to trim so much of it off... hopefully it's just microtrims from here on out.

ichosethis
March 12th, 2014, 04:00 PM
I just reached my waist this month (at least when it doesn't have waves from being braided at night and in a bun during the day). I've only got 3-4 inches or so to be solidly at my hips and that is definitely doable by Christmas as long as I don't find my terminal length. I've just started wearing protective styles rather than putting it in a bun with a couple of elastics. Hopefully, with the help of LHC, I can grow my hair longer and stronger!

LauraLongLocks
March 12th, 2014, 04:02 PM
I love those hair days! Glad you are enjoying your long hair. I feel like I've been stuck at 29" for ages, and yet I'm looking at possibly getting a trim again this week :D, silly me.

I agree about TBL hair. I don't plan to grow that long but I consider around BCL to be very long too. Everyone always says your hair doesn't feel long when it gets to these milestones that seemed long when you imagined them. And I agree about waist, I'm only .5" off waist but it feels very short. But I am certain that BCL will feel long. That's probably what they all say :cool: The curiosity got to me. I measured twice and got 31". A fluke? Mis-measurement? I hope not! I can believe it for now. ;)

I think BCL to TBL is where my hair will start getting noticed for its length, so it will feel long then. But my goal is 60", so uh, I'll still be a way off on my goal length.

Nebulae
March 12th, 2014, 04:53 PM
I seem to be the only person on LHC who doesn't get 'growth spurts'.

I've never experienced a growth spurt either so you're not alone! I wouldn't mind having one though...

I count hip as the top of my hip bones.. I put my index finger on my hip bones in the front, then put my thumbs level to that in the back, then I know where hip is from the back where I check my length. :)

Anyway, I eagerly await seeing 31 inches instead of 30 inches.

Aww I wish I was that close! That would mean hip length for me (I'm very short) :p

alishaxmarie
March 13th, 2014, 03:20 PM
I count hip as the top of my hip bones.. I put my index finger on my hip bones in the front, then put my thumbs level to that in the back, then I know where hip is from the back where I check my length. :)

My pelvis bones are much lower than the tops of the hip bones (found from the back by pressing under my waist until I hit bone), which is one of the reasons I was confused about the position of hip length :/

In the picture below, the Iliac crest is where some users count hip length whereas the Ilium are the parts of the pelvis that stick out in the front (though it may not look that way in this two-dimensional diagram). Most other diagrams are too big but the whole area beneath the ridge of the iliac crest is the ilium (although the part of the bone that sticks out on skinny people is probably still technically a part of the iliac crest lol).

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/healthlibrary/GetImage.aspx?ImageId=125826

shutterpillar
March 13th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Yes, that iliac crest (where it sticks out in the front when I lay down) is where I am counting as hip just because it's easier to feel around for. It's much harder for me to feel the back of my hip bone (much more padding back there :wink:), but from what I can feel it doesn't seem like it's that much higher than my pointy pelvis bones in the front anyway. I guess those would be the very end points of my iliac crest?

shutterpillar
March 13th, 2014, 04:24 PM
gah! double post.

redredrobin
March 13th, 2014, 04:30 PM
My pelvis bones are much lower than the tops of the hip bones (found from the back by pressing under my waist until I hit bone), which is one of the reasons I was confused about the position of hip length :/

In the picture below, the Iliac crest is where some users count hip length whereas the Ilium are the parts of the pelvis that stick out in the front (though it may not look that way in this two-dimensional diagram). Most other diagrams are too big but the whole area beneath the ridge of the iliac crest is the ilium (although the part of the bone that sticks out on skinny people is probably still technically a part of the iliac crest lol).

Thats very helpful. I think I made it sound like I considered the iliac crest to be hip but actually meant the ilium. The standard hands on hips pose is more like waist. I meant a bit below that.

Crumpet
March 13th, 2014, 10:06 PM
Oh, helpful diagram and suggestions. Thanks everyone! I've still got a fair bit to go but hoping I make it sooner rather than later!

queenieheather
March 13th, 2014, 11:02 PM
Can I still join here? I finally figured out a goal! I'm aiming for hip wavy/curly by Christmas. Hopefully with no trims in 2014 I can make it. I'm currently at waist but with awful layers.

Sarahlabyrinth
March 13th, 2014, 11:12 PM
Hehehe, I hear ya Tini!

I even tried adding protein drinks but the brand I tried tastes so horrible so I just can't bear it. Yesterday I had to pour it out, I couldn't drink one glass.. I'm gonna ask my brother if he wants it XD

Redtuss you could try eating an egg every day or some peanut butter instead :)

morrigan*
March 14th, 2014, 12:30 AM
I think I'm getting really close to hip. But my ends are pretty thin so i don't know if i should trim now or just wait it up to be past hip and trim then.

redredrobin
March 14th, 2014, 03:40 AM
I've never experienced a growth spurt either so you're not alone! I wouldn't mind having one though...

Me too! But alas... That's why I'm looking for hip by Christmas, it's achievable with average/less than average growth.

The curiosity got to me. I measured twice and got 31". A fluke? Mis-measurement? I hope not! I can believe it for now. ;)

I think BCL to TBL is where my hair will start getting noticed for its length, so it will feel long then. But my goal is 60", so uh, I'll still be a way off on my goal length.

Sounds plausible to me, congratulations! What body marker is 60"? I've got no idea :)

Nebulae
March 14th, 2014, 07:21 AM

Ah, helpful image! So what I do is find the sticky-out bit in the front, probably in between the two lines for iliac crest and ilium, and then trace the iliac crest to the top and then place my hands as previously described. So I count the top of the iliac crest as hip. :) Though now I'm realizing my actual goal that I had in mind is a bit past that.. hmm, we'll just have to see when I get there! Guess I will report back on that around christmas! ;)

Toffeemonster
March 14th, 2014, 07:26 AM
So I mistakenly thought hip was what I call my hip, the iliac crest. I think I can achieve iliac crest by christmas, is there a thread for that? :)

morrigan*
March 14th, 2014, 07:43 AM
This is the hip thread. I don't know what exactly do you mean ?
Maybe you find this helpful
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_hWkRV-R8nNs/TNmnyjOeqWI/AAAAAAAAAEI/mMhFxxo7-9U/s1600/hairlengthchart.jpg

LauraLongLocks
March 14th, 2014, 08:25 AM
Sounds plausible to me, congratulations! What body marker is 60"? I've got no idea :)

60" is beyond knee for me, about mid-calf.

About all this hip business, I thought for LHC purposes, reaching hip was reaching the iliac crest. It's not? I'm thin, but I am not sure where the ilium is on the front, if it's not just the front part of the iliac? So hard to distinguish, because the pelvis has so few joints in it, and has such an amazing shape. (At least, I'm amazed by it after passing so many babies through mine!)

morrigan*
March 14th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Well i have hip bones visible in front, and i just go by that.

redredrobin
March 14th, 2014, 11:40 AM
This has become so confusing! :p

I'm short so there isn't a huge different between top of hip and middle hip for me anyway. I have picked the bit that seems the most sensible and called that hip.

anyway... I GOT A HAIRCUT TODAY. A proper one at the hairdressers. Over an inch was cut :( The good news is that my ends feel a lot better, and that inch makes a total of 2" cut from my ends recently, and the worst of my damage has gone. It's set me back two months, and actually hip by Christmas is now exactly where my hair should be by then.

I'm a bit sad about losing an inch though, since I only just trimmed it myself, too, so it feels short. It does mean my hemline is fairly blunt now, so when I do reach waist it will seem long/solid, I hope!

redredrobin
March 14th, 2014, 11:42 AM
60" is beyond knee for me, about mid-calf.

About all this hip business, I thought for LHC purposes, reaching hip was reaching the iliac crest. It's not? I'm thin, but I am not sure where the ilium is on the front, if it's not just the front part of the iliac? So hard to distinguish, because the pelvis has so few joints in it, and has such an amazing shape. (At least, I'm amazed by it after passing so many babies through mine!)

Wow mid-calf. That's awesome. I could never imagine having hair that long. I consider TBL to be extremely long :D

LauraLongLocks
March 14th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Wow mid-calf. That's awesome. I could never imagine having hair that long. I consider TBL to be extremely long :D

It's not awesome yet, lol! I consider TBL to be extremely long, too, but I want to have hair so incredibly long that I could make a public nuisance by wearing it down, lol. My husband is totally supportive, and wants to see it super long, just like me. (Really, I think he wants to be seen in public with me wearing my hair down a time or two, te he he.) I think when I reach TBL I will feel like my hair is long at last, and I plan to maintain TBL for 6-12 months while I trim out the remaining layers I have. Once my hemline is thickened up and the pesky layers are gone, I'm heading for classic and beyond.

morrigan*
March 14th, 2014, 12:06 PM
It's not awesome yet, lol! I consider TBL to be extremely long, too, but I want to have hair so incredibly long that I could make a public nuisance by wearing it down, lol. My husband is totally supportive, and wants to see it super long, just like me. (Really, I think he wants to be seen in public with me wearing my hair down a time or two, te he he.) I think when I reach TBL I will feel like my hair is long at last, and I plan to maintain TBL for 6-12 months while I trim out the remaining layers I have. Once my hemline is thickened up and the pesky layers are gone, I'm heading for classic and beyond.

I have more or less similar plan about growing to tailbone and then maintaining :D before growing again.

morrigan*
March 14th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Double post.

redredrobin
March 14th, 2014, 12:15 PM

Your hemline looks pretty thick already, maybe you only need to stop at TBL for a few months :cool:

I think committing to growing hair that long is pretty awesome, even if you don't have it yet. It's something I can't imagine I would ever do, but I admire it on other people.

LauraLongLocks
March 14th, 2014, 08:53 PM
I have more or less similar plan about growing to tailbone and then maintaining :D before growing again. Seems like several of us have this plan.

Your hemline looks pretty thick already, maybe you only need to stop at TBL for a few months :cool:

I think committing to growing hair that long is pretty awesome, even if you don't have it yet. It's something I can't imagine I would ever do, but I admire it on other people. Thank you. Yes, maybe I won't need to maintain as long as I think now. I'll probably do some sort of cut half my growth plan so that I can keep growing, but thicken up at the same time. I'm excited about growing so long. I want to have hair long enough to stop traffic, lol! Just think of the amazing updos I will be able to do once it is that long...

Crumpet
March 14th, 2014, 11:53 PM
LLL -- I intended to maintain at waist, and I'm kind of doing that now through microtrimming. Still, I couldn't quite give up growing and so I'm trying to make it to hip by the end of the year.

Your hair looks really healthy and happy -- see how it looks and if you need to maintain at all. Some people are lucky!

Nebulae
March 15th, 2014, 07:42 AM
I intended to maintain at waist, and I'm kind of doing that now through microtrimming. Still, I couldn't quite give up growing and so I'm trying to make it to hip by the end of the year.

When I joined I intended to stop at waist... then I thought to maintain at waist until pre-LHC damage was cut off, but then this challenge came along and I figured it would be doable since I was considering just microtrimming my way to hip anyway. :p
Now I'm thinking that hip+ is actually my goal, but then tailbone isn't that far away... but then I might as well shoot for classic.. oh dear how will this end :lol:

Aingeal
March 15th, 2014, 08:04 AM
Hip is my goal, and I'm hoping to get there this year. Then I'll maintain ands trim out damage. Going to keep babying my hair so I don't have to trim until September. I wanted to go no trims, nut my hair is just too damaged.

Nebulae
March 15th, 2014, 08:20 AM
I wanted to go no trims, nut my hair is just too damaged.

So is mine.. when the damaged parts are cut off, I think I will try a no-trim year and see how I do! There's gotta be some challenges left after reaching your goal too, I think they are fun ;)

alishaxmarie
March 15th, 2014, 03:56 PM
What are everyones' long-term hair length goals anyway? I'm personally planning classic or finger-tip(mid-thigh) length, at least for now haha. I'll definitely start micro-trimming later on or get a "big" chop from tbl to a little above the waistband of my pants or something like that to thicken and get rid of general pre-LHC damage.

shutterpillar
March 15th, 2014, 04:31 PM
I can't decide on a long term goal. I keep telling myself I want to grow to TBL, and I probably will just to see what it's like when I get there, but I'm already beginning to think that even waist is too much hair for me to handle. I don't like having my hair up all day every day or treating it like antique lace, so I'm pretty certain that extreme lengths are not in my future. However, right now the plan is to grow to TBL with trims inbetween to keep the hemline as thick as possible, then I guess I'll decide what to do when I get there.

Sarahlabyrinth
March 15th, 2014, 04:33 PM
I want to reach classic. But by the time I reach classic, I might be so addicted to growing hair, I may well keep going and grow longer. LHC seems to have the effect of making me extend my goals, my original goal was waist :)

LauraLongLocks
March 16th, 2014, 12:29 AM
LLL -- I intended to maintain at waist, and I'm kind of doing that now through microtrimming. Still, I couldn't quite give up growing and so I'm trying to make it to hip by the end of the year.

Your hair looks really healthy and happy -- see how it looks and if you need to maintain at all. Some people are lucky! I've trimmed every 3-4 months while growing out layers. I just have a few pesky face framing layers and one long layer above my hemline that I want to grow out and trim off. I hope I'll be pleasantly surprised when I start maintaining and find that I don't have to maintain very long before moving on.

What are everyones' long-term hair length goals anyway? I'm personally planning classic or finger-tip(mid-thigh) length, at least for now haha. I'll definitely start micro-trimming later on or get a "big" chop from tbl to a little above the waistband of my pants or something like that to thicken and get rid of general pre-LHC damage. Like I said, 60"... anywhere from knee to midcalf.

julee
March 16th, 2014, 04:59 AM
Thought I'd better check in here again :) so far so good, I may make to hip by Christmas. To be truthful I forgot I was in this thread as I was too busy focusing on hair toys! :D

Not sure what my long term goal is, I think I'm mostly happy with the length it is now, so maybe anywhere from waist+ to classic (I have my doubts as to whether I can actually grow hair that long...we'll see) :)

Toffeemonster
March 16th, 2014, 06:07 AM
This is the hip thread. I don't know what exactly do you mean ?
Maybe you find this helpful
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_hWkRV-R8nNs/TNmnyjOeqWI/AAAAAAAAAEI/mMhFxxo7-9U/s1600/hairlengthchart.jpg

From the other posts I wasn't sure what was meant by hip, the diagrams shared earlier would mean the hip joint, where the leg meets the pelvis. That is below tail bone and I'd never reach that length by christmas.

However the diagram you've shown is where I thought hip would be, and I think I could reach that length by christmas.

So, are we going by this diagram then? This is what is considered hip length in this thread? From reading back again I can see that does seem to be the consensus.

If so, I'm in!

Toffeemonster
March 16th, 2014, 06:19 AM
Change of plans, I'm gonna try for tail bone. Best of luck to everyone!

Nebulae
March 16th, 2014, 06:46 AM
Good luck, Toffeemonster! :flower:

My long-term goal is still hip, when I get there I will re-evaluate and see if I want to handle longer hair.. I still want to be able to wear it loose, and it seems like beyond tailbone it would be much more work keeping it from becoming too damaged.

Toffeemonster
March 16th, 2014, 06:50 AM
I found the threads for Waist/TBL and Classic by Christmas 2014 but alas none for Hip by Christmas 2014!

Anyone else than me who has reaching hip length as their goal for 2014? - Come join the thread and let us know how your progress is going during the year, if you plan to do something special or use a new product/routine to achieve your goal and just to share when it seems like far away!

Shall we have cookies and cake here? :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: + :cake: = yum!

Hi ho - let's grow!

Can you please direct me to the tbl thread, I can't find it! Thanks :)

Toffeemonster
March 16th, 2014, 06:55 AM
I think the longest I've had my hair was somewhere between tail bone and classic, and it wasn't too bad to wear down, no worse than belly button. But that was a long time ago and now my hair just won't stand up to the damage of being worn down, so tail bone length in a bun is my goal :)

Toffeemonster
March 16th, 2014, 06:56 AM
Sorry just found the TBL thread, you know I would as soon as I asked for help! Disregard my ramblings and good luck to everyone going for hip :)

Aingeal
March 16th, 2014, 07:10 AM
What are everyones' long-term hair length goals anyway? I'm personally planning classic or finger-tip(mid-thigh) length, at least for now haha. I'll definitely start micro-trimming later on or get a "big" chop from tbl to a little above the waistband of my pants or something like that to thicken and get rid of general pre-LHC damage.

I'm not sure. For now, its hip length then maintain. But we shall see! That may change.

Crumpet
March 16th, 2014, 01:06 PM
Re: Long term goals: I'm not sure yet. I'm excited for hip and I think I'll probably want to go to TBL. I think I'll have a better idea the closer I get. I agree with what the others here have said - growing is addictive!

HappyHair87
March 18th, 2014, 05:08 PM
I have been trying the inversion method since Friday. I forgot to do it Monday...which was yesterday. So i when i got up this morning i did it and im going to do another one before i go to bed tonite and that will put me at Day 5.

I just need about 2-3 more inches of growth. Im not really trying to get to full Hip...i have a bmark on my lower back and i want my hair to grow either right above it or right at it and i'll maintain it there....that actually right above Hip length...just a smidgen lol (i love that word! :P)

When i reach solid waist is when i'll know the inversion thing works. I am Waist but i would like another half an inch to be comfortable...if that makes sense lol!

alishaxmarie
March 18th, 2014, 05:36 PM
When i reach solid waist is when i'll know the inversion thing works. I am Waist but i would like another half an inch to be comfortable...if that makes sense lol!

That's exactly how I felt when I first reached waist too and I think I may even have a few strands which barely reach hip already! Keep up with that inversion method and let me know how it works for you! :)

Lindseyh
March 18th, 2014, 05:50 PM
I think I'm going to get on the thread. I'm at waist currently, but not solidly. I think I will be solid waist by June and then to hip by christmas. I have a tapered hem and want to pause at hip and trim in January to a straight hem and thicken up. I should be able to get my last layer out ( except the bangs that are growing out)

HappyHair87
March 18th, 2014, 06:30 PM
That's exactly how I felt when I first reached waist too and I think I may even have a few strands which barely reach hip already! Keep up with that inversion method and let me know how it works for you! :)

Guh!! Now i have to be committed! LOL!!! :D i'll keep you posted!

lindsayhv
March 18th, 2014, 06:43 PM
I'm pretty close to where you are Lindsey. And I'm Lindsay. :)

HappyHair87
March 18th, 2014, 06:49 PM
Okay...i just completed day 5. I used my lavendar scented JBCO to massage. I don't use oil everytime i do it though.

My head is itching :) doesn't that mean something? My head rarely ever itches lol

Do you think im hindering anything with a beer here or there? LOL! I take an HSN vitamin daily too...and i have been drinking TONS of water lately.

Lindseyh
March 18th, 2014, 07:17 PM
I'm quite proud I figured out how to label the lines even if they're kinda crooked:
http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o669/lindseyh10/2689C2FD-0F5C-494B-B059-1C33C90A6FBA-33129-000011D9230D97EA_zps56df9dda.jpg

alishaxmarie
March 20th, 2014, 07:15 PM
Okay...i just completed day 5. I used my lavendar scented JBCO to massage. I don't use oil everytime i do it though.

My head is itching :) doesn't that mean something? My head rarely ever itches lol

Do you think im hindering anything with a beer here or there? LOL! I take an HSN vitamin daily too...and i have been drinking TONS of water lately.

You should make sure to post your experience on the Growth Rate Experiments thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=119947&page=24). Another user on that thread (ositarosita), who consistently gets good results with the IM, reported itching about a month ago.

Beer is good for hair since it has B vitamins, yeast, and silica in it. And, if any of it manages to go flat, you could do a beer rinse with it :)

Ruzovy
March 21st, 2014, 05:47 AM
I'm joining in on this thread, I've been at waist for a month or 2 now and would love it if I could get to Hip by christmas but being tall I don't know if it will be possible :/

I am also torn between trimming off about 2cm off my ends since they are full of white dots and splits right now and just leaving them alone for another couple of months to see how much my hair grows. I've recently just plain stopped wearing my hair down since it has apparently gotten to that length where it gets way too tangled and damaged when worn down outside. Or even inside :P
So I've been doing a Dianyla braid pretty much everyday (tying it at different spots ofc!) and the occasional bun. I will try to measure where my "hip" is at and how far from my waist and current length it is and maybe try to take a length picture, since the last time I took one it was about 2 years ago and I was still above BSL lol

Good luck to us all!!!

Crumpet
March 21st, 2014, 09:18 AM
Ruzovy -- I would suggest the trim if you're seeing lots of white dots and splits since it will prevent the damage from spreading. Rough ends catch on other hairs, causing them to get damaged. Damage can also move up the hair shaft and then you might have to lose more length later. But just my own preference...

Ruzovy
March 22nd, 2014, 08:44 AM
Ruzovy -- I would suggest the trim if you're seeing lots of white dots and splits since it will prevent the damage from spreading. Rough ends catch on other hairs, causing them to get damaged. Damage can also move up the hair shaft and then you might have to lose more length later. But just my own preference...

Thank you for the advice Crumpet! I have just finished a S&D session (took FOREVER) followed by a trim as per Feye's instructions for a straight across hemline. I love that guide!

So my hair is now juuuuust at the waist line but looking and feeling much better! I tried measuring the distance between my waist and what I think is my hip (not an easy line to find) and got around 8cm (about 3 inches). I also took the chance to check my waist-tailbone distance and got 17cm (6.7 inches) so now I know, and knowing is half the battle! lol

I don't know how much my hair grows per month, since measuring it has become completely pointless and unreliable since BSL, but assuming it grows the average half inch per month and I manage to go the rest of the year with no trims I think hip by xmas is attainable :happydance:

I wont post a picture because tomorrow is washday and my hair is quite gross right now :P but I'll try to post one soon.

LauraLongLocks
March 22nd, 2014, 09:34 AM
What are you going to do to celebrate when you reach hip? I think it definitely calls for chocolate and a new hair toy. Cheese anyone? :cheese:

shutterpillar
March 22nd, 2014, 09:56 AM
Believe it or not, there aren't any hair accessories I'm wanting right now. I've got a ton of acrylic and wooden sticks, two forks, and plenty of Spin Pins so I'm pretty well off. I wouldn't mind having some pretty clips or pins to fancy up my updos, but I haven't come across any that I'm particularly fond of. I may end up making some of my own (unless someone can enable me. :wink: )

Ruzovy
March 22nd, 2014, 10:21 AM
Oohh I'll definitely be getting a few hairtoys for xmas if I reach hip (from me to me haha) I'm thinking a couple of new flexi8s, a hairstick or 2, maybe my first fork?

Crumpet
March 22nd, 2014, 12:31 PM
Thank you for the advice Crumpet! I have just finished a S&D session (took FOREVER) followed by a trim as per Feye's instructions for a straight across hemline. I love that guide!

So my hair is now juuuuust at the waist line but looking and feeling much better! I tried measuring the distance between my waist and what I think is my hip (not an easy line to find) and got around 8cm (about 3 inches). I also took the chance to check my waist-tailbone distance and got 17cm (6.7 inches) so now I know, and knowing is half the battle! lol

I don't know how much my hair grows per month, since measuring it has become completely pointless and unreliable since BSL, but assuming it grows the average half inch per month and I manage to go the rest of the year with no trims I think hip by xmas is attainable :happydance:

I wont post a picture because tomorrow is washday and my hair is quite gross right now :P but I'll try to post one soon.

Yeah! I think it will be easier to manage and hopefully you can do a straight sprint with your new healthy ends until you are at hip! There are lots of people on this thread who are just at waist. I'm just beyond waist, but I have to microtrim every few months since I have fine hair and some badly done layers mean that the longest layers are thin. I think we'll make it!

Crumpet
March 22nd, 2014, 12:34 PM
What are you going to do to celebrate when you reach hip? I think it definitely calls for chocolate and a new hair toy. Cheese anyone? :cheese:

I was thinking of either some new hair bling (maybe a lush TT hair stick?) OR a trip to the George Michael salon. I've heard people rave about the salon, but I've been salon-free for a while now and unsure if it would be worth it to me...plenty of time to decide!

höpönasu
March 22nd, 2014, 12:47 PM
I'm just gonna quickly flash myself through this thread as I'm pondering my next goal. At the moment I'm maintaining waist length. My ultimate goal is to get my hair WL on the front. So I guess my goal is somewhere around hip then. *FLASH* :flasher: :laugh:

Nebulae
March 22nd, 2014, 03:20 PM
I'm just gonna quickly flash myself through this thread as I'm pondering my next goal. At the moment I'm maintaining waist length. My ultimate goal is to get my hair WL on the front. So I guess my goal is somewhere around hip then. *FLASH* :flasher: :laugh:

Do you have a plan for how long you're going to maintain at waist? You should join the party and get to hip length by the end of the year :bounce:
Remember, we have :cookie: :cookie: and other yummy snacks! :grin:

Ruzovy
March 23rd, 2014, 11:35 AM
Here we go, S&D and a trim yesterday, and wash earlier today. It looks past waist but it isn't, I don't know if it's the angle or what, but this is where I'm at now.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/KKMe/Hair/Waist_zps4eacdbb5.jpg

Crumpet
March 23rd, 2014, 11:54 AM
Gorgeous hair Ruzovy! It looks really healthy.

~honeyflower~
March 23rd, 2014, 06:42 PM
I'm now officially at waist. Yay!

HappyHair87
March 23rd, 2014, 09:05 PM
You should make sure to post your experience on the Growth Rate Experiments thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=119947&page=24). Another user on that thread (ositarosita), who consistently gets good results with the IM, reported itching about a month ago.

Beer is good for hair since it has B vitamins, yeast, and silica in it. And, if any of it manages to go flat, you could do a beer rinse with it :)

YAY!!! More beer for me!! I used to hate beer but now i like it and prefer it to liquor :) Much easier on my system! I will check out that thread!

I did all 7 days so...i think its only to be done for 7 days per month...so i'll start up again in April.

When i reach Hip length this year...i'm going to buy:

2 new Ficcares
2-3 new Flexi 8's
More hair clips!

Frozen yogurt and maybe treat myself to a fancy meal lol....or just a beer and a sammich...

And a case of Heineken! LOL!!! *i hope im not violating a rule here :confused:*
Idk...i know i really need some new hair accessories though :)

alexis917
March 23rd, 2014, 09:40 PM
When I reach hip, I'll buy hair toys!
I only have one flexi8 at the moment, and it was a gift (it's only big enough for half-ups).
I can't wait to try out sticks and stuff.....

Crumpet
March 23rd, 2014, 09:44 PM
When I reach hip, I'll buy hair toys!
I only have one flexi8 at the moment, and it was a gift (it's only big enough for half-ups).
I can't wait to try out sticks and stuff.....

Wow, you don't have any hair sticks or forks? That shows supreme control since you've been a member here for a while AND you have long hair. I'm impressed!

spirals
March 24th, 2014, 10:54 PM
I'm at waist and have lost interest in sticks. I've been wearing it down a lot. I did a topknot today, which did hold with a stick, but looked weird. I need some spin pins or something. Anyway, I've become so concerned with styling my bangs that I am not concerned about getting to hip. That's the key: distraction.

Ruzovy
March 25th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Aww thank you so much @Crumpet :3

Wouldn't look like that without all the info and help this forum has provided.

CHEESE FOR ALL!!!

:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

Vanilla
April 2nd, 2014, 07:16 PM
I am reviving this thread because I hope to make hip by Christmas. I just trimmed back to waist, my ends were horribly split.

LauraLongLocks
April 2nd, 2014, 07:31 PM
I think I'll make it to hip by August, or pretty close to it. I might be at BCL by Christmas if I am lucky.

Crumpet
April 3rd, 2014, 12:43 AM
I have no idea how close I am to hip, but I really want to get there by the end of 2014! I am microtriming now so it will take longer than usual, but fingers are crossed.

julee
April 3rd, 2014, 12:59 AM
Checking in here again :D I'm about waist length at the minute at 30.5" and having successful growth results with drinking more water, extra protein (eggs every day for breakfast, as well as more red meat) and lots more fruit and vegetables- my hair is finally getting longer :joy: I'm now convinced a stall I had last year was due to lack of proper nutrition.

redredrobin
April 3rd, 2014, 03:24 AM
Checking in here again :D I'm about waist length at the minute at 30.5" and having successful growth results with drinking more water, extra protein (eggs every day for breakfast, as well as more red meat) and lots more fruit and vegetables- my hair is finally getting longer :joy: I'm now convinced a stall I had last year was due to lack of proper nutrition.

Excellent! How far do you have for hip?

julee
April 3rd, 2014, 04:07 AM
Excellent! How far do you have for hip?

I think only about 3 inches till the top of my hip bones, so hopefully I might make it :D I think I'll maintain there for a while, if I'm not too tempted to try for TBL (uncharted territory for me) :p

morrigan*
April 3rd, 2014, 04:37 AM
I reached hip when stretched, now i only need to reach it when wavy.

lindsayhv
April 3rd, 2014, 11:49 AM
I don't think I'm going to meet this goal :(

GoddessLocks
April 3rd, 2014, 12:06 PM
I think it might be doable for me. I'm about 2 inches from waist I think. My newest pic is in my siggy and that's straightened. My hair is normally wavy.

lindsayhv
April 3rd, 2014, 12:35 PM
I am about 1-2 inches from waist too but for some reason do not think I am going to make it.

Aderyn
April 3rd, 2014, 02:58 PM
I'm just a bit past the top of my hip bones when stretched, can get my longest hairs to reach the top of my jeans (mid-rise jeans, so a little below the top of my hips). Wavy, I'm still at waist. Takes such a long time to see growth with wavy/curly hair, can't even imagine the patience and dedication needed for very curly and/or kinky hair.

mariakatija
May 4th, 2014, 07:06 PM
I'm 2.5 inches away from what I decided what was hip: my back dimples. However, I think my hips are a little bit further up than I think. Waist on me is 29 inches, "hip" is 33 and BCL is 35. Right now I'm at 30.5. I thought I'd reach hip by October, but I think I'll reach it by August at 32 inches. Wow, that's only 3 months away!

Sarahlabyrinth
May 4th, 2014, 07:09 PM
Well I have 4 inches to go till hip so we'll see if I can get there, fingers and toes crossed!

mariakatija
May 4th, 2014, 07:15 PM
Well I have 4 inches to go till hip so we'll see if I can get there, fingers and toes crossed!

That's 4 inches in 8 months! I think you'll get there!

Sarahlabyrinth
May 4th, 2014, 07:20 PM
That's 4 inches in 8 months! I think you'll get there!

Thanks, mariakatija, I certainly hope so!

Tini'sNewHair
May 4th, 2014, 08:29 PM
Hey guys @maria & @sarah, im with you know. I think i have about 3 inches to hip and i just reached waist, it feels like im a lot closer when my hair is wet tho ... :) yay, I think we CAN make it!

lindsayhv
May 4th, 2014, 08:30 PM
I should measure and see where my hip is. Maybe this is actually an attainable goal for me!

Tini'sNewHair
May 4th, 2014, 08:39 PM
lindsey I keep forgetting my measurements, I never forgot this until i reached waist but waist plus is pretty foreigner for me since i havent been at hip in maybe 7-8 years :O

höpönasu
May 5th, 2014, 05:00 AM
Should I try... :ponder:

lindsayhv
May 5th, 2014, 09:18 AM
I've never been past hip....

lindsey I keep forgetting my measurements, I never forgot this until i reached waist but waist plus is pretty foreigner for me since i havent been at hip in maybe 7-8 years :O

Crumpet
May 5th, 2014, 11:00 AM
I should be able to be at solid hip by Christmas. I'm flirting with hip when my hair is wet (I think -- trying not to check obsessively!), but my waves eat up a fair amount of length. Hungry waves!!

LauraLongLocks
May 5th, 2014, 04:25 PM
I got a surprise this month and made it to hip. I couldn't really tell until my husband took my picture for me last night. Now I can see it, plain as day. I made it to hip.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/010-1.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/010-1.jpg.html)

mariakatija
May 5th, 2014, 04:28 PM
Should I try... :ponder:

You should!!!

I got a surprise this month and made it to hip. I couldn't really tell until my husband took my picture for me last night. Now I can see it, plain as day. I made it to hip.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/010-1.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/010-1.jpg.html)

Congrats!!! And that hair :agape: So beautiful!!!!

LauraLongLocks
May 5th, 2014, 05:01 PM
Congrats!!! And that hair :agape: So beautiful!!!! That made me smile. Thanks.

spirals
May 5th, 2014, 08:04 PM
Yes, it's gorgeous.

spirals
June 4th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Any news from anyone? I'm still at waist, and it's June. I don't think this will happen for me.

LauraLongLocks
June 4th, 2014, 01:29 PM
Yes, it's gorgeous. Thank you.

Any news from anyone? I'm still at waist, and it's June. I don't think this will happen for me. With curls I'm sure it is very hard to see progress, but stretched I'm sure you have grown quite a bit. You may yet make hip by Christmas.

Crumpet
June 4th, 2014, 02:17 PM
I am focusing on hair health at the moment so I am a bit stalled just below waist at the moment. I think that means I'm off this thread, but I'll cheer the rest of you on!

spirals
June 4th, 2014, 05:11 PM
I'm at waist stretched. Well, that was my original goal. OK, I guess I can see progress in pics. The first is from a year ago, and those are regular braids. The second is from last month. They are french braids, yet they're longer than the twin braids from last year.

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt170/naturallyfrizzy/braidsnomakeup.jpg?t=1401926510

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt170/naturallyfrizzy/braids.jpg?t=1401926617

LauraLongLocks
June 5th, 2014, 08:58 AM
I'm at waist stretched. Well, that was my original goal. OK, I guess I can see progress in pics. The first is from a year ago, and those are regular braids. The second is from last month. They are french braids, yet they're longer than the twin braids from last year.

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt170/naturallyfrizzy/braidsnomakeup.jpg?t=1401926510

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt170/naturallyfrizzy/braids.jpg?t=1401926617

Your braids are definitely longer in the second picture, and I love the thickness... not too much, not too little.

shutterpillar
June 5th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Any news from anyone? I'm still at waist, and it's June. I don't think this will happen for me.

I've still got a bit to go until hip as well, and plan on cutting one inch off in July so I'm able to maintain as thick a hemline as I can. I'm guessing that will set me back to 3 inches until a full, solid hip length. I think I can do that by Christmas time, even with one more trim inbetween. However, it will be cutting it close!
Good luck to you!

morrigan*
June 5th, 2014, 11:31 AM

I'm still at waist too. I trimmed it, but i won't it any more only s&d for me if necessary.

alishaxmarie
June 5th, 2014, 12:05 PM

I am focusing on hair health at the moment so I am a bit stalled just below waist at the moment. I think that means I'm off this thread, but I'll cheer the rest of you on!

I'm in the same boat as you two! I've been micro-trimming for the past 4 months (including June) because I didn't feel like S&D-ing all the time. I think I'm finally beginning to get a better moisture balance, my hair has never been so soft and I swear it almost never looks bad no matter how dirty or oily it is, so perhaps my hair won't split so persistently anymore :pray:

Crumpet
June 5th, 2014, 12:19 PM
I sympathize Alischaxmarie. I *could* keep growing my hair but I don't think it would look too great at hip if I keep going without lots of microtrims. My original plan had been to maintain at waist and, really, that was the smart plan! I just became seduced by length. Ahh well, I'm enjoying seeing all of the hair around here and living vicariously through others' hair growth, so its not too bad really. And I am excited to have my hair all one length. I'm tired of these ragged layers!

mariakatija
July 3rd, 2014, 09:35 PM
I've reached hip!!! It's only 30 inches but hey I'll take it. It really snuck up on me. I thought I would be 31.5 inches by now but I'm not :( At least hip isn't 33 inches on me like I thought.

http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad76/marijakatija/IMG_3247_zpsc9b4131a.jpg (http://s923.photobucket.com/user/marijakatija/media/IMG_3247_zpsc9b4131a.jpg.html)

Sarahlabyrinth
July 3rd, 2014, 09:53 PM
I have about 3 and a half inches till hip and hoping to scrape in there by Christmas!

Aurum
July 3rd, 2014, 10:26 PM
I would absolutely love to be hip by Christmas. I'm just brushing waist now, unstretched, pretty solidly there stretched. I'm a slow grower but I'm only planning one little trim next week and then nothing the rest of 2014. It's a reasonable goal. Though I'm still a little confused as to what is officially hip, I keep thinking it's lower than it really is.

Johannah
July 3rd, 2014, 10:49 PM
I've already been at hip. It didn't look like I did though, because of tapers. I'm going to cut my growth off till September/October to thicken up the hemline. Then I let it grow. So hip by Christmas would be a perfect goal since my hair is 31" atm and hip is 32".

kidari
July 3rd, 2014, 10:53 PM
I've reached hip!!! It's only 30 inches but hey I'll take it. It really snuck up on me. I thought I would be 31.5 inches by now but I'm not :( At least hip isn't 33 inches on me like I thought.

http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad76/marijakatija/IMG_3247_zpsc9b4131a.jpg (http://s923.photobucket.com/user/marijakatija/media/IMG_3247_zpsc9b4131a.jpg.html)

:applause woohoo congratulations! Very inspiring; I've been at BSL for a year now but your picture just made me contemplate growing again. Enjoy hip! Your hair looks gorgeous.

patienceneeded
July 3rd, 2014, 10:59 PM
I am about 1/2" or less away from being SOLID hip. I could probably call it now, but I'm getting my yearly trim mid-August. I'm only trimming 1/2" but don't want to call hip until after the trim. I'm hopeful to be calling hip by my birthday mid-Setptember.

spirals
July 4th, 2014, 12:17 AM
I'm working on making my torso slimmer, so maybe by the time I get to hip it will look good on me. I figured out I have 3 to 4 inches to hip if I stretch my hair. If I want it to fall to hip, well, 6 or 7?

redtuss
July 4th, 2014, 05:24 AM
I've got about 8 cm/3,1 inches to hip now I'd say :) or at least I had last month, will measure again in 3 days and take a length shot.
There's been a ridiculous amount of braids lately, it's fast and I'm lazy and I can trust it to hold the entire day. Today it's in a bun though, I'll try and make more use of my sticks and Flexis :)

Mariakatija - Lovely!! Your hair is gorgeous, that colour is amazing :D

mariakatija
July 4th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Thank you kidari! You should totally keep growing your hair! It's a big ball of fun. Hair can grow a lot in a year!

Thank you redtuss!

Tini'sNewHair
July 24th, 2014, 07:21 PM
Hey guys, heres me updating here. Im told from almost everyone that i am right ON hip, which seems like but I will give it another month or so to make it be a solid HIP. Anyhow, I will graduate from this thread now. I didnt think in a million years that I would make it to hip now but im happy that its happened. Here are my new pictures.

My hair here is about 95% damp
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm242/MayasMommy7nov/DSCF1814modified.jpg (http://s298.photobucket.com/user/MayasMommy7nov/media/DSCF1814modified.jpg.html)

This is my hair dry with a bit of a bun wave/upwards flip of my hemline

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm242/MayasMommy7nov/DSCF1818modifiedggg.jpg (http://s298.photobucket.com/user/MayasMommy7nov/media/DSCF1818modifiedggg.jpg.html)

Waist was me is 30, and i measure at 32 now. I plan to wait for a solid 33 inches before fully claiming hip, its fun to be brushing it right now tho :)

Take care everyone, I hope you all make it to hip much sooner as well. Huge congrats to mariakatija, your hair looks STUNNING!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS for reaching HIP!!!!

spirals
July 25th, 2014, 12:09 AM
I don't think I'll make it. I'm only going to get 2 inches of growth by the end of the year.

Johannah
July 25th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Tini, your hair looks amazing! Congrats!

Tini'sNewHair
July 26th, 2014, 07:12 AM
Thank you Johannah :)

dulce
July 26th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Am finally back to hip after cutting to waist,now on to TBL.

alishaxmarie
September 7th, 2014, 12:59 AM
Ahh! How has NO ONE posted since July!? That feels like so long ago lol but I reached hip when stretched and my bf said I'm about 2.5 inches from BCL when my hair is wet so I've gotten some growth since my last length shot in March (it blows my mind that it's even been that long since I took a length shot!). I'm not entirely sure if I'll make it to TBL by Christmas but I'm hoping I at least get to BCL when dry (without stretching). I slacked on vitamins all summer and didn't work out (so I've gained some weight) so I'm thinking vitamins and the inversion method and some good old-fashioned exercise shall definitely help me get to the BCL/TBL territory. Good luck to everyone else on this journey! :blossom:

Sarahlabyrinth
September 7th, 2014, 01:16 AM
I must have forgotten to post here, I have reached hip and now heading down to BCL :)

Johannah
September 7th, 2014, 03:38 AM
Oh wow I forgot about this thread :p I need another inch before I reach hip, I think. So hip by Christmas will work :p

leilani
September 7th, 2014, 05:19 AM
I think I can do this if I stop trimming all the time. Hip is starting to seem like my final goal, as I want thicker ends..and long layers.

spirals
September 8th, 2014, 12:21 AM
I only have a couple of inches to go, and yet I don't know if I'll make it. I still think waist might be my terminal.

leilani
September 8th, 2014, 02:27 AM
I also think waist is my split-free terminal! At least with overlapping bleach highlights every couple months it is. I've easily reached hip+ with wispy ends in not very good shape upon examination but a respectable hemline? Not past waist with 40v bleach in the picture.
I'm very curious to know what my hair can be without chemical lightening!

julee
September 8th, 2014, 06:17 AM
I forgot about this thread too! I spend too much time over on the hair toy boards I think!

I think I can do this if I stop trimming all the time. Hip is starting to seem like my final goal, as I want thicker ends..and long layers.

I'm almost hip, I should be there by Christmas I think. I'm thinking of maintaining there as well, any longer and my hair will start to get in my way too much I think. I also don't want to grow out of some of my favourite hair toys, I would definitely consider cutting my hair to fit them if I had to :)

Johannah
September 8th, 2014, 12:26 PM
I forgot about this thread too! I spend too much time over on the hair toy boards I think!

Guilty as well! lol

Nebulae
September 10th, 2014, 02:24 AM

Haha, me too! :p

I won't make it to hip just yet, I was really close but then I got so sick of my thin damaged ends I cut off probably about two inches, which put me back to waist length. Now I'm maintaining there to get rid of the rest of the damage. Best of luck to all of you that still has a chance to make it, and congrats to those who already reached hip! I'll get there eventually, hopefully I will make it next summer :)

Dreams_in_Pink
September 10th, 2014, 02:40 AM
Yup, i belong in this thread :)

My hair's hip length when dry after wash, but on other days it's still somewhere between WL and hip. With my glacial growth rate, i guess i'll only be solid hip around xmas.

sourgrl
September 10th, 2014, 06:30 AM
Count me in! I've been hesitant to join this thread but my hair seems to really be growing. There's a good chance I'll be at hip by Christmas but I'm trying not to measure (or watch) until then.

Johannah
September 10th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Count me in! I've been hesitant to join this thread but my hair seems to really be growing. There's a good chance I'll be at hip by Christmas but I'm trying not to measure (or watch) until then.

I feel your pain (see my signature). :p