PDA

View Full Version : Best brand of scissors for S&D?

Lirona
January 2nd, 2014, 11:23 PM
I've decided to start S&Ding! Can I just go to Sally Beauty Supply and pick up any old hair scissors? Or is there a brand that's better? Do you have to sharpen them after a while?

(I do know that hair scissors should be used for hair only. :))

ExpectoPatronum
January 2nd, 2014, 11:33 PM
I honestly just bought some from Walmart and they work just fine. There's no telling how long they'll last, but they were cheap enough that I don't mind if I have to repurchase them in a couple years. I've done a couple trims and one 'big chop' with them and they didn't cause my hair to develop split ends. Of course, they're dedicated just to my hair.

ositarosita
January 3rd, 2014, 10:30 AM
I'm actually in the process of looking for new scissors ... I'm a fan of the ones you find at Sally's simply because the last ones I bought at Wal-Mart & Shopper's were DULL (just my experience)

DweamGoiL
January 3rd, 2014, 10:33 AM
I have a couple I got from Sally's. I got a cheaper set and a more expensive one. I had plans to cut my own hair and have never had the guts to do so.

Skade
January 3rd, 2014, 10:47 AM
I also wonder about this. I bought mine from the pharmacy and have been using it frequently, but I have no idea if itīs good or not. The stores people mention like Wal-mart and Sallys are not something we have here so ayone who knows a good scissor you can buy online? :)

Arachnid
January 3rd, 2014, 03:34 PM
I was thinking of getting some too, soon (i hope) my hair will be long enough for S&D

AngryVikingGirl
January 3rd, 2014, 03:59 PM
Subscribing...

Nebulae
January 3rd, 2014, 06:56 PM
I bought Tweezerman shears online since I heard good things about them and didn't quite know if I could trust the simpler ones I found in beauty stores for example, since I had no "benchmark" on how sharp they are/should be. The scissors I got cost about the same or less than a visit to a salon to get my hair cut so it has paid off many times over already and I have no complaints. :)
(They're called Stainless 2000 if anyone is curious.)